In the original film we followed a homeless construction worker, who stumbles upon a pair of glasses that enables him to see aliens among us and discovers their plot to take over humanity. This unlikely hero attempts to stop them before their plan of world domination becomes a reality.
- It looks like Strike Entertainment may be pursuing a different route with the project, as a recent announcement indicates that an adaptation of the original short story, 8 O'Clock in the Morning is being developed instead.
- Production company Strike Entertainment plans to begin the development stages of this project in 2011, after they've completed a couple other films.
- It's said that they may remove the sunglasses aspect of the film and explore another element that would work in a similar manner.
- D.B. Weiss (HBO's Game of Thrones) is the first writer in line to script the pic when development begins next year.
- There's currently no writer on board.
- The original starred wrestler 'Rowdy Roddy' Piper and veteran actor Keith David, where the duo had an infamous 5-minute street brawl, which was later spoofed in a hilarious episode of South Park.
- Universal and Strike Entertainment are behind this, with Strike Entertainment producing, with Shep Gordon and John Carpenter executive producing.
- The obvious remake of John Carpenter's classic 1988 film.