|Tags: Addison Timlin, Alfonso Gomez-Rejon, Blumhouse Productions, Gary Cole, Joshua Leonard, KILLERS, MGM, REMAKES, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Ryan Murphy Productions, small town, The Town That Dreaded Sundow, Travis Tope, Veronica Cartwright|
You voted ‘up’
65 years after a masked serial killer terrorized the small town of Texarkana, the so-called 'moonlight murders' begin again. Is it a copycat or something even more sinister? A lonely high school girl, with dark secrets of her own, may be the key to catching him.
- Filmed in Louisiana.
- Producer Jason Blum was quoted saying: "The 'meta' angle is a big part of the movie in that the original movie is referenced a lot as is the true crime. It's pretty self-referential and Ryan Murphy-esque."
- Gary Cole plays "a deputy who is doggedly pursuing the killer."
- Joshua Leonard plays "the deputy assigned to protect Timlin and her Grandmother."
- Veronica Cartwright plays "Addison Timlin’s Grandmother who is raising her after her parents die in a car accident."
- Travis Tope plays "a classmate who befriends Timlin’s character and decides to make a documentary about the search for the killer."
- Addison Timlin plays "a young high schooler being raised by her grandmother who’s targeted by the mysterious killer."
- Writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa also scripted the Carrie remake.
- MGM is aiming to produce on a low budget and keep "the original's cinema verite style."
- It's said that this remake will have "horror-movie tones and elements of a procedural in the vein of David Fincher’s Zodiac."
- The original 1976 film was based on actual murders by an unidentified person dubbed locally as the "Phantom Killer". The murders took place in and around the city of Texarkana, which is on the border between Texas and Arkansas.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.