The theatrical release of the original Tremors in 1990 combined suspense-filled action, sci-fi imagination and witty humor in the tale of a tiny Nevada town terrorized by giant man-eating worms known as Graboids. The Graboids eventually morphed into even more deadly creatures known as Ass Blasters. In this all-new adventure that travels halfway around the world to South Africa, the Graboids and the Ass Blasters are not only bigger and badder but Tremors 5 introduces an additional unexpected surprise that raises the stakes in the battle for survival.
Universal 1440 Entertainment
Don Michael Paul
- Filming in Johannesburg, South Africa. (10/15/14)
- One of the producers was quoted saying: "The Tremors franchise has built a reputation for high intensity fun and suspense and this installment takes it to a whole new level."
- Michael Gross returns as weapons enthusiast and expert subterranean creature hunter "Burt Gummer" with Jamie Kennedy as his new right hand man, tech-savvy "Travis."
- Director Don Michael Paul also helmed Half Past Dead, Lake Placid: The Final Chapter, and recently Jarhead 2: Field of Fire.
- A rumored sequel was originally reported back in 2008 with the title Tremors: The Thunder From Down Under, where it was supposedly going to take place in Australia.
- The obvious sequel/semi-reboot of the Tremors series.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.