No official plot yet, but (much like the first) it'll likely tell a bunch of semi-connected stories during Halloween.
- Michael Dougherty is reportedly still working on the script. (3/18/14)
- While the first movie was intended to go theatrically, it's unknown if this sequel will. Considering the standard on-demand/limited theatrical release format that most films get nowadays, it's likely this will follow.
- Michael Dougherty had a recent interview where he mentions what we may expect in the sequel, saying: "There are different archetypes I’d like to explore, different types of monsters. We covered werewolves, vampires, and zombies, but there’s a whole slew of different creatures out there that we haven’t tackled, and I think Sam would probably be pretty good buddies with. So I think it’s time to let them have their time in the sun."
- It's said that this sequel may explore more of Sam and get into "some back story of who and what he actually is."
- It's said that writer Michael Dougherty originally intended to make a new Trick 'r Treat film every year or every other year during Halloween, where we'd follow a new set of characters and the only link being Sam. Although that never happened, he hopes it will this time.
- Michael Dougherty returns to write and direct.
- The first film was completed and supposed to hit theaters in October 2007, but was pushed back a year for unknown reasons. By 2008 the release was removed from the slate entirely. It was FINALLY released on DVD in October 2009.
- The obvious sequel to 2007's Trick 'r Treat.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.