PART 1: The newfound married bliss of Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) and vampire Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson) is cut short when a series of betrayals and misfortunes threatens to destroy their world. After their wedding Bella and Edward travel to Rio de Janeiro for their honeymoon, where they finally give in to their passions. Bella soon discovers she is pregnant, and during a nearly fatal childbirth Edward finally fulfills her wish to become immortal. But the arrival of their remarkable daughter, Renesmee, sets in motion a perilous chain of events that pits the Cullens and their allies against the Volturi, the fearsome council of vampire leaders, setting the stage for an all-out battle.
PART 2: After the birth of Renesmee, the Cullens gather other vampire clans in order to protect the child from a false allegation that puts the family in front of the Volturi.
- The two-part flick will be filmed back-to-back in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Mackenzie Foy plays "Renesmee".
- Maggie Grace plays "Irina" -- a member of the Denali coven, considered cousins to the Cullen clan as the only other "vegetarian" vampire group. When Irina blames the Cullens for the death of her lover, her actions set in motion a terrifying chain of events.
- Will be split into two parts, with the second segment releasing in 2012.
- Rami Malek will play the Egyptian vampire "Benjamin".
- Bill Condon (Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh, Kinsey, Dreamgirls) directs.
- It's rumored that this may be 3D.
- The fourth and final installment in The Twilight Saga.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed either films.