Bella Swan is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love, Edward Cullen, but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black. Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and finds her loyalties tested.
- Filming began in Vancouver in March '09 and shot in the ancient Tuscan city of Volterra in May for two weeks.
- Actor Jamie Campbell-Bower plays "Caius", a member of an Italian coven of vampires called the Volturi.
- Canadian supermodel Noot Seear is said to be playing "Heidi".
- Dakota Fanning plays a vampire with an "angelic exterior", who works for the Volturi family.
- New director Chris Weitz may be remembered by his recent work on The Golden Compass.
- Actor Taylor Lautner returns as "Jacob" despite early talks that he wasn't "bulky enough" for the role.
- Despite the novel, "Edward" will have a much larger role in this film.
- Director Catherine Hardwicke will not return.
- Melissa Rosenberg returns to adapt the screenplay.
- Summit Entertainment purchased the film rights to this and the following installments in the series, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, shortly before Twilight was released in theaters.
- Based on Stephenie Meyer's novel, this is the sequel to Twilight.
4/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.