Julia and Alexis are supposed to be working on their history presentation. But Alexis is bored. She decides to send a nasty message from Julia's computer to another girl... who died three years ago... a decision she will soon regret.
- You can view the trailer for the short film that this project is based on here.
- Producer Stephen Susco was quoted saying: "It strikes at the modern social media anxiety that really hits a hot nerve in this country. How young people communicate is changing and technology is altering the tenor of that communication—in many cases for the worse. And this is an opportunity to do something scary and really potent at the same time."
- Director Tim Shechmeister is a recent UCLA film school grad, who helmed the short and co-wrote it with his brother, Matt, as part of a thesis project. The duo received their big break when writer Stephen Susco (The Grudge, The Grudge 2) attended a screenwriting event, where he spoke with Tim and received his business card with a link to the short film. Susco loved it enough to bring it to producer Roy Lee (The Ring, The Grudge), and the duo (along with producer Lawrence Grey) brought it to Sony Screen Gems, where the rights for a feature film was purchased.
- Described as being "reminiscent of The Grudge or The Ring, but primed for the current generation that uses smart phones and Facebook as extensions of themselves."
- Based on the 11-minute short film with the same name from Tim and Matt Shechmeister.