|Tags: Amber Heard, Danielle Panabaker, ghosts, haunted, haunting, John Carpenter, Mamie Gummer, psychiatric ward, SUPERNATURAL, the ward|
Set in a mental institution where a young woman, Kristen is haunted by a mysterious and deadly ghost. As danger creeps closer, she comes to realize that this ghost might be darker than she could have imagined.
Kristen, early 20's wakes to find herself bruised, cut, drugged and held against her will in a remote ward of Chamberlain Psychiatric Hospital . She is completely disorientated, with no idea why she was brought this place and no memory of her life.
The other patients in the ward, four equally troubled girls, offer no answers and Kristen quickly realizes things are not as they seem. The air is heavy with secrets and at night, when the hospital is dark and foreboding, she hears strange and disturbing sounds. It appears they are not alone.
One by one the girls disappear and Kristen must find a way out of this hellish place before the ghost comes for her too. As she struggles to escape, she will uncover a truth far more dangerous and horrifying than anyone could have imagined.
- Getting a video on-demand release a month prior to a limited theatrical run in July 2011.
- ARC Entertainment and XLrator Media Partnership will distribute in the US.
- Filmed in Spokane, Wash.
- Originally said to start filming sometime in May '09, but was delayed.
- Danielle Panabaker plays "a patient in the institution, a snobbish girl who flirts with orderlies and faces electroshock therapy."
- Amber Heard plays the lead girl.
- This will be Carpenter's return to the director's seat since Ghosts of Mars in 2001.
- Produced by A Bigger Boat and Echo Lake.
- Written by Michael and Shawn Rasmussen.
5/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.