The story revolves around a team of highly skilled soldiers sent to blow up a Nazi fuel depot, only to discover they are being hunted by an evil spirit unleashed by the Nazi's secret occult experiments.
Fort Hill Productions
- This project was described as being on the "fast track". This was back in September '06.
- When Victor Salva was still involved with the project he was quoted saying: "The film, set in World War II, follows a group of American soldiers in a snowbound forest, who find themselves battling a supernatural force the Nazis have unleashed to help them win the war. I was brought on to work on The Watch when the project was at New Line. John and Daniel’s original screenplay has a remarkable idea behind it. I believe The Watch has the potential to be a horror milestone—not just because of its originality, but for its pure scare power. Decisions are now being made as to where and when production will take place."
- Victor Salva was originally set to write and direct the film until he was replaced by James Wong (Final Destination, Final Destination 3)
- Matt LeBlanc (Friends) will produce with partner John Goldstone via the duo's Fort Hill Productions.
- It was once said that the spirit unleashed in the film is that of the Devil himself.
- Salva will rewrite the original screenplay from John Claflin and Daniel Zelman.
- First described to be in the vein of Predator and The Thing, but takes place during WWII.
- Victor Salva also directed Jeepers Creepers.
- Originally penned by John Claflin and Daniel Zelman.