Revolves around robbers trying to flee to France after stealing 25,000 gold rings from a Spanish city. A curse falls on them and they fall into the clutches of the witches of the Navarrese in the town of Zugarramurdi.
- IFC Midnight will distribute in the US.
- Filmed in Zugarramurdi for two weeks, then continued for seven more weeks in Madrid.
- Spanish director Alex de la Iglesia also helmed other dark comedies such as The Day of the Beast, The Perfect Crime, and most recently The Last Circus.
- Budgeted at 6-million Euros ($7.8-million USD).
- Described as "an outrageous comedy, in the line of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, but a horror comedy."
- Known as Las Brujas de Zugarramurdi in Spanish.
A UHM staff member has not reviewed this film.