|Tags: Anthony Hopkins, Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt, Hugo Weaving, Joe Johnston, lycanthrope, REMAKES, the wolfman, WEREWOLVES, wolfman|
Lawrence Talbot's childhood ended the night his mother died. After he left the sleepy Victorian hamlet of Blackmoor, he spent decades recovering and trying to forget. But when his brother's fiancée, Gwen Conliffe, tracks him down to help find her missing love, Talbot returns home to join the search. He learns that something with brute strength and insatiable bloodlust has been killing the villagers, and that a suspicious Scotland Yard inspector named Aberline has come to investigate.
As he pieces together the gory puzzle, he hears of an ancient curse that turns the afflicted into werewolves when the moon is full. Now, if he has any chance at ending the slaughter and protecting the woman he has grown to love, Talbot must destroy the vicious creature in the woods surrounding Blackmoor. But as he hunts for the nightmarish beast, a simple man with a tortured past will uncover a primal side to himself, one he never imagined existed.
- Originally set for a November 14th '08 theatrical release before moving to February 13th '09, then moved to April 3rd, then to November 6th '09, before moving again to February 12, 2010.
- Mark Romanek was set to direct before he left the project before filming was going to start, citing "creative differences," some of which was a dispute over the huge budget.
- Budgeted at estimated $100-million.
- The film will supposedly have new twists and characters to take advantage of today's new visual effects technology.
- Written by Andrew Kevin Walker (Se7en) .
- Produced by Scott Stuber, Rick Yorn, Mary Parent and Benicio Del Toro.
- A remake of the classic Universal film.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.