Lucas Till will play Cayden Richards, 18, has it all: Captain of the high school football team straight-A student gorgeous girlfriend. But when he wakes one dark night to find his parents brutally murdered, he is horrified to realize that he is turning into an animal: a wild, savage wolf.
Panicked, Cayden runs, determined to find out what is happening to him. His quest leads him to the strange, isolated town of Lupine Ridge, where two clans of wolves are on the brink of war. The opposing clans are lead by Connor, the powerful, pure-blood alpha of a savage pack and John Tollerman, an old farmer, committed to protecting the human citizens of Lupine Ridge.
But when Cayden falls for Angelina, the beautiful, young mate promised to Connor, a battle to the death is inevitable. And as the past begins to reveal itself, Cayden's place in the world becomes clearer -- As does his power to put an end to the savage violence building up around, and within him...
October 16, 2014 (VOD)
November 14, 2014 (Limited)
R "bloody violence throughout, and some sexuality."
- Ketchup Entertainment will distribute in the US.
- Filmed in Toronto, Canada.
- Writer/director David Hayter aims to start an original franchise that avoids the cliches associated with werewolf films, saying: "You're not going to see a person with a snout transforming into a werewolf and it's going to take place in a mountain community that's almost unconnected to the modern world."
- Stephen McHattie will portray "a key role as a farmer named John Tolleson."
- Fans may recognize Jason Momoa from the Conan the Barbarian remake and as "Khal Drogo" from Game of Thrones.
- Originally titled Slaughter's Road.
- When in early development with Crystal Sky Pictures, Thomas Dekker and Ray Stevenson were attached to star. It's currently not known if they are still attached.
- Filming was originally said to begin sometime in Summer '09 then July 2010.
- This marks David Hayter's directorial debut.
- Hayter describes the film as "Twilight with a bit more bite to it, and without abstinence." He explains that he took out the mythology and found a way to make it a metaphor for a teen maturing sexually into adulthood, at the age when young men howl at the moon.
- Produced through the newly-formed Dark Hero Studios, which writer/director David Hayter will co-operate with fellow producer Benedict Carver.
- Writer/director David Hayter served as co-writer of the first two X-Men films and most recently with Watchmen. Gamers may also recognize his name as the voice actor for "Solid Snake" in the Metal Gear Solid series.
6/10 | Click here
to read the official review from a UHM staff member.