The story follows a young lawyer, Arthur Kipps, who is ordered to travel to a remote village and sort out a recently deceased client’s papers. As he works alone in the client’s isolated house, Kipps begins to uncover tragic secrets, his unease growing when he glimpses a mysterious woman dressed only in black. Receiving only silence from the locals, Kipps is forced to uncover the true identity of the Woman in Black on his own, leading to a desperate race against time when he discovers her true intent.
- Originally set for a January 20th 2012 US release.
- CBS Films will distribute the flick in the US.
- Viewers may recognize lead actor Daniel Radcliffe from the Harry Potter films.
- This was originally going to be Hammer Film's first 3D movie, but they apparently changed their minds about the 3D.
- Hammer Film's Exclusive Film Distribution is handling worldwide sales and distribution.
- Fans may recognize Brit director James Watkins from his previous work with 2008's Eden Lake.
- Described as a "classy ghost story that tugs at the heart and chills to the bone."
- Jane Goldman (Stardust, Kick-Ass) adapts the book for the screen.
- You can read UHM's review for the original movie here.
- The book has been adapted into an on-going stage play and spawned a television movie in 1989.
- Based on Susan Hill's 1983 bestselling novel The Woman in Black.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.