|Tags: 3d, Abigail Breslin, comedies, COMEDY, Emma Stone, end of world, flesh eaters, gore, Jesse Eisenberg, Paul Wernick, Rhett Reese, Ruben Fleischer, SEQUELS, Woody Harrelson, zombedy, zombie-ish, ZOMBIES|
No official plot yet.
- The Zombieland pilot has been filmed and is planning to air to Amazon Prime members online mid-April 2013. If successful, it will turn into a 12-episode online series. Meanwhile, the movie's sequel is on hold while the filmmakers work closely with the series. (3/26/13)
- Eli Craig (Tucker & Dale vs Evil) is in talks to direct the series.
- Apparently the online retailer, Amazon, is helping to develop this into an Amazon exclusive 30-minute series. (1/22/12)
- Despite the previous news of a film sequel likely not ever happening, it seems that intention of turning it into a series is still in the works. You can find some details on characters expected to be in the potential series here. (1/18/13)
- Director Ruben Fleischer had an interview recently where he revealed that there's currently no plans to pursue the sequel, but he wouldn't quite rule it out entirely, saying: "I hate to do it, but I can say that there’s no immediate plans to make the movie. There’s no script, really, so the likelihood of it happening is slim. But I would not wanna put a nail in that coffin." When asked what his ideas were for the script, he said: "Needless to say it was a continuation of the original story with the same characters. I guess the only thing I could really say is that the threat to our heroes wasn’t only zombies, like they encounter other people that they’re all jockeying for positions." (1/10/13)
- This project is now "on hold" with word that original writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are working on a half-hour comedy series based on the movie. This works out for the writers since the first film was originally intended to be a television series to begin with. Fox is developing the show, with a potential 2012/2013 broadcast eyed. Assuming the show does proceed and become a success, it's said that the sequel to the movie will likely not happen. (10/26/11)
- Director Ruben Fleischer offered an update on the project recently, saying: "I can promise you it's something we all want to do. I think the reality of it happening is getting less and less real. It's just harder and harder every day, because everybody's gotten really busy and the reality is that we've never had a script that we've all just fallen in love with. Until there's a script that we all can say, 'This is it,' it's more of an idea than an actual thing that we can work towards prioritizing and realizing." (7/18/11)
- No word if female leads Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin will also be returning.
- Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg are in talks to reprise their roles.
- This film will be in 3D.
- The obvious sequel to the hit horror-comedy Zombieland.