Kate and John are a couple grieving over the tragic loss of their unborn child. It's taking a toll on both their marriage and Kate's fragile psyche as she is plagued by nightmares and haunted by demons from her past. Struggling to regain some semblance of normalcy in their lives, the couple decides to adopt another child. At the local orphanage, both John and Kate find themselves strangely drawn to a young girl named Esther.
Almost as soon as they welcome Esther into their home, however, an alarming series of events begins to unfold, leading Kate to believe that there's something wrong with Esther - this seemingly angelic little girl is not what she appears to be. Concerned for the safety of her family, Kate tries to get John and others to see past Esther's sweet facade. But her warnings go unheeded until it may be too late...for everyone.
- Originaly scheduled for a November 6th '09 theatrical release.
- Filming took place in Toronto and Montreal.
- Director Jaume Collet-Serra also worked on House of Wax '05 and Goal II: Living the Dream.
- Produced by Dark Castle Entertainment and will be distributed by Warner Bros.
- Written by David Leslie Johnson and based on a story by Alex Mace.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.