|Tags: Blumhouse Productions, ghosts, haunting, limited, Oren Peli, Paramount Pictures, paranormal activity, SUPERNATURAL|
Katie and Micah were a promising young couple, with a carefree life, until bizarre events began occurring in their new home. Katie was no stranger to paranormal phenomena, as she had been stalked by a malevolent entity since childhood. They purchase a video camera in an attempt to find out what's happening as they sleep at night. Over the course of three weeks in September & October of 2006, they ran nightly surveillance and captured indelible proof on home video, which has been edited into a feature film.
- Getting a limited theatrical release via Paramount Pictures.
- Completed in 2007, with distribution picked up in 2008, the film has since been sitting around waiting for a proper release, while still visiting various festivals, where it has received a lot of positive reviews from critics.
- A bigger-budgeted remake is supposedly in the works by DreamWorks.
- Oren Peli shot the film with a high-def camera in his own home in a span of a little over a week, and using two unknown actors, who also manned most of the camera work.
- The directorial debut of video game programmer Oren Peli.
7/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.