|Tags: Amber Heard, Dylan Walsh, killer, KILLERS, Nelson McCormick, re-imagining, reboot, REMAKES, Screen Gems, Sony Pictures Entertainment, stepfather, the stepfather|
Michael Harding returns home from military school to find his mother happily in love and living with her new boyfriend, David. As the two men get to know each other, Michael becomes more and more suspicious of the man who is always there with a helpful hand. Is he really the man of her dreams or could David be hiding a dark side?
- This remake will have a male protagonist as opposed to a female in the original.
- Actress Adrianne Palicki was originally in negotiations to play Amber Heard's part as the son's girlfriend, but there were scheduling conflicts.
- It's said that the film will be darker than the original, and the stepfather will be more creepy.
- J.S. Cardone (The Covenant, Wicked Little Things) is scripting.
- Greg Mooradian and Maverick Films will produce.
- Screen Gems owns the remake rights.
- Loosely based on the real-life case of John List, who murdered his family in 1971 and was finally captured 18-years-later after the TV series America's Most Wanted aired his story.
- A remake of the 1987 horror film starring Terry O'Quinn.
4/10 | Click here to read the official review from a UHM staff member.
All user reviews and new comments (if any) can also be found on that page.