Last Online
    01-06-2006

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Halloween 9 news

this is news to me, if this is already known by all.. please disregard.

i got it from Halloweenseries.com

A source got in touch with FANGORIA with some news about the ninth HALLOWEEN film, currently in development. "The new movie is called HALLOWEEN: ASYLUM," the scooper tells Fango, "and it’s being written by Matt Venne—whose spec horror script SECOND SIGHT is being produced by Clive Barker’s Seraphim Films—for SUICIDE CLUB’s Sion Sono to make his North American directorial debut. HALLOWEEN: ASYLUM is being set in Smith’s Grove, which became a maximum security penitentiary/asylum after the breakout of ’78. It’s filled with deranged killers and Michael is awaiting execution, harking back to the horror-hospital setting of HALLOWEEN II. This is not going to be some neutered VS. movie, not filled with campy one-liners, etc. Rather, it takes the iconic Michael Myers back to his roots in a very cool setting. It’s really serious/scary/suspenseful in tone, like all the best HALLOWEEN films have been." No one from the HALLOWEEN camp has officially confirmed these details, but we’ll let you know more as we find it out. —Michael Gingold

and

Robert Englund hopes to be wearing Freddy’s striped shirt again by the end of next year. “New Line Cinema has commissioned two scripts: One is Freddy vs. Jason and Michael Myers, or Freddy vs. Michael Myers, I’m not quite sure how that works,” Englund reveals. “The other one is a prequel; apparently it’s not that prequel script that’s been floating around for several years, it’s something new. They will select one of those two [projects].”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left, no conscience, no reason, no understanding, in even the most rudimentary sense, of life or death or right or wrong. I met this six-year-old boy with a blank, cold emotionless face and the blackest of eyes, the Devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and another seven trying to keep him locked away when I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil." -Dr. Loomis

Lucky Number 13
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-24-2007

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Another Freddy vs Jason movie would kick ass. anything with Michael and Freddy would likely suck.

Movies that will be awesome
    Skinwalkers, The Breed, Awake, Partition, Hatchet, Grindhouse.

Movies in 2007 that were awesome
    Eragon, Hitcher

Movies in 2007 that were crap
    Black Christmas

Movies in 2007 that I rented and Liked
    The Illusionist, Stan Lees Lightspeed, Saw 3(saw it in theatersfirst), Pulse(American), Lost(2004 Dean Cain Movie)

Movies in 2007 that I rented and Hated
    THe Night Listener, The Guardian, You, Me, and Dupree,

MY DVD'S-DVD Spot

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    So according to the idea. Myers is going to be in an institution again?

With the laughable ending and alternate ending to H8. It looks like H9 will start from scratch and ignore continuity of previous entries. What a surprise.

Far as the other idea goes. If all is true, Englund must be desperate to make afew bucks. IMO Myers involved with Freddy or Jason won't work imo.

Smile.Kill.Repeat
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-29-2011

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up
    Sounds like a cool idea for for H9

and i know if they made Freddy vs Jason vs Michael so many people on here would be seeing it, i know i would.

"You think that when you die, you go to Heaven.
    You come to us!" -Tallman

My DVD's
    Latest DVD: Maskhead

Congrats Steelba on Winning the 1st, 2nd and 3rd UHM Horror Drafts!

Dream Demon
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by DarK SiDe
    So according to the idea. Myers is going to be in an institution again?

With the laughable ending and alternate ending to H8. It looks like H9 will start from scratch and ignore continuity of previous entries. What a surprise.
    As much as I hate when a sequel doesn't have continuity with previous entries, I for one would be very glad if H9 completely ignores the poor excuses for Halloween movies that were Halloween H20 and Halloween: Resurrection. That specific plot outline for H9 sounds like it might and I stress might end up truly taking the Halloween series back to its roots. At least I hope so anyway.

IMO Myers involved with Freddy or Jason won't work imo.
    Maybe logically it wouldn’t work to have Myers thrown into the mix, but when you're talking about movies with supernatural killers that can't be killed - I would say sometimes it's okay to throw logic out the window and just have fun with it. I always looked at Freddy vs. Jason as a fun movie and not really a serious entry to either series, which is why I was able to enjoy it - it's kind of like a hypothetical "What if?" movie, you know - "What if these two popular characters were to somehow cross paths?" "What would happen?" etc. Interesting questions to think about. Also, if the box office results for Freddy vs. Jason are any indication, a new movie with Myers thrown in would most likely work out very well for the movie studio in the form of big box office $$$'s. I know I would definitely see it in theaters, as would most other horror fans despite how much they claim to be against it.

Last edited by Freddy316; 12-19-2005 at 12:07 PM.
    "The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either"
    -Benjamin Franklin

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyKruger316
    As much as I hate when a sequel doesn't have continuity with previous entries, I for one would be very glad if H9 completely ignores the poor excuses for Halloween movies that were Halloween H20 and Halloween: Resurrection. That specific plot outline for H9 sounds like it might and I stress might end up truly taking the Halloween series back to its roots. At least I hope so anyway.
    True.

Might be best to leave behind the futile efforts that were H20 and H8. That said, had they played their cards right instead of making mediocre entries with predictable cliffhanger endings. They would'nt have had to dodge continuity.

But its not like its something they haven't done before because once H20 came out. They completely dodged sequels 4-6 with the Thorn story.

Maybe logically it wouldn’t work to have Myers thrown into the mix, but when you're talking about movies with supernatural killers that can't be killed - I would say sometimes it's okay to throw logic out the window and just have fun with it. I always looked at Freddy vs. Jason as a fun movie and not really a serious entry to either series, which is why I enjoyed it. Also, if the box office results for Freddy vs. Jason are any indication, a new movie with Myers thrown in would most likely work out very well for the movie studio in the form of big box office $$$'s. I know I would definitely see it in theaters, as would most other horror fans despite how much they claim to be against it.
    No doubt it would make money and yes logically Myers does'nt fit. I also agree with Freddy vs. Jason being nothing more than a fun spinoff. That said, it does'nt mean I thought the movie was any good. The problem with any VS. movie is the simple fact that something will always change.

They tried rather pointlessly in making Jason appear to be the 'good' guy or the least menacing of the two which was rediculous. Could you imagine what they would do with Myers in the mix?

Freddy vs. Jason was acceptable because it had been in development hell for nearly two decades. When news first broke that it would finally happen. People were optimistic and happy it would finally come to fruition.

The movie did some nice business at the box office. Now adding Myers among other horror icons seems to be the concept with no real reasoning. You can't just throw random characters together and hope for box office success.

Freddy. vs Jason also was'nt exactly a dynamite film in terms of acting. All the characters were forgettable and stereotypical. If another vs. film is going to be made. This area needs to improve. Because I for one didn't give a shit about any of those characters in Freddy vs. Jason. All the leads were awful and Monica Keena was marginal at best.

Last edited by Red; 12-19-2005 at 12:13 PM.

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    I would like the idea of ignoring everything after part 2. I didn't think H20 (worst name ever) and Ressurection were that bad but besides killing off Lori Strode they didn't really accomplish anything. This idea sounds good and I hope they use it and I dont care what anyone says I would love another versus movie. Freddy vs Jason was a fun flick and I wanna see another one.

Last edited by Chief Falling Rock; 12-19-2005 at 04:34 PM.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Mee too.

Halloween franchise should be laid to rest.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-13-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Now this actually sounds like a cool idea for a Halloween film. It would fit in with Halloween 8 (yes I agree it sucked) in a way if Myers was captured after being taken to the morgue. He'd be sent to the institution to await execution but of course escape, creating havoc in the asylum and either slaughtering or possibly recruiting the other inmates.
    What I liked about the Thorn subplot that ran through films 4 through 6 was that Michael's evil was treated like some supernatural curse or disease that could be passed on. Obviously the power made him stronger then most mortals but what if that same force had almost drained Michael dry and needed a new host. A maximum security asylum/prison would be a good breeding ground for that kind of evil.

Which brings me to my next point concerning the versus film. I would LOVE to see another Jason vs Freddy flick, but if New Line wanted to include Myers as well that would be great. (I'm a crossover fan, sue me.) Of course the best way to make Michael an equal to two demonic monsters like Jason and Freddy is to, again, delve deeply into the Thorn subplot. I mean Michael's been shot, blown up, burned, drowned, electrocuted, stabbed, clubbed and everything else and he's survived so I think he's definitely earned the 'no longer human psycho, currently supernatural monster from hell' status. You just need the proper background to explain and you've got a three way monster brawl.

COME AND GET IT LADIES!

Sometimes Dead is Better
    The Fallen Angel

Status
    Last Online
    03-12-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Sure, as bad as H8 was i'm still really looking forward to 9. Resurrection may have been poor in quality, but the character of Myers was still kick ass. I like this storyline as well. It could flow.

Times are looking grim these days - holding onto everything - it's hard to draw the line. I, am hiding in this empty space, tortured by my memories of what i've left behind

Kill Paris Hilton
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-17-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    H9 had 2 working scripts that ive heard about, i'm pretty sure i read that the Michael venne script got scrapped or is in the process of a re-write.
    In regards to Freddy vs Jason, if Michael was thrown into the mix it would surely be a crapfest.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-10-2006

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I think H9 will be great, certainly a way to end(?) the series on a higher note than H8 left. God, that was bad!

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael, eh. I liked Freddy vs. Jason a lot, I felt they crossed over the two stories so great. When we see the Elm Street sign, the camera moves down to Jason, that was great. But I don't see any crossover with Michael Myers working. Then again, I guess I should see all the movies to decide that.

Riot
    This user has no status.

I loved the first two Halloweens and thought H20 was pretty cool so this sounds like it might be cool. I'd also LOVE a Freddy Prequel (and not the mediocre TV seris one)

Master of Brutality
    Back at it again.

Status
    Last Online
    10-10-2020

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Add UzumakiW on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 75
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID UzumakiW Steam ID UzumakiW
    I definetly want to see the new Halloween movie. And I would be interested in seeing a new Freddy Vs. Jason movie, but I'm not so sure if they shoud put Micheal in. Don't get me wrong, Micheal is the perfect killer and one of the best in movie history, but Freddy and Jason are like hardcore killers, big, tough, and strong, but most of what you see Micheal do is pop out of the shadow and sneak up on people, then kill them. He would have a hard time fighting Freed or Jason, they would tear him up. I think they should put in Pinhead instead of Micheal. If Pinhead was in it, that would make it very interesting. But even if they did put in Micheal, I would give it a watch.

"We all go a little mad sometimes"

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-10-2006

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by deathslasher666
    I definetly want to see the new Halloween movie. And I would be interested in seeing a new Freddy Vs. Jason movie, but I'm not so sure if they shoud put Micheal in. Don't get me wrong, Micheal is the perfect killer and one of the best in movie history, but Freddy and Jason are like hardcore killers, big, tough, and strong, but most of what you see Micheal do is pop out of the shadow and sneak up on people, then kill them. He would have a hard time fighting Freed or Jason, they would tear him up. I think they should put in Pinhead instead of Micheal. If Pinhead was in it, that would make it very interesting. But even if they did put in Micheal, I would give it a watch.
    Pinhead isn't very hands-on when he kills. Freddy, Jason, Michael, Leatherface, Chucky, they all physically walk up to someone and kill them. Pinhead just stands there, expresses some cool dialogue, and chains or whatever kills the victim.

Taxidermist Extraordinaire
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-09-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Freddy and Jason was an uneven fight to begin with, I would like to see Jason and Michael Myers beat the crap out of each other, that would be pretty cool. All three series have gone to shit, so screw it, haha.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-26-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

Just Curious

I never viewed the entire Halloween series and was always curious to know if Michael Myers was ever unmasked?

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-10-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Add APoL CoLD on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    This is old news.

And from what I remember, it's supposed to be written by Jake Wade Wall, the writer of the When A Stranger Calls remake and it's now called Halloween: Retribution (although I'm pretty sure he said it's only the working title anyhow).

As for the series, like I've said countless times, I'm a HUGE fan and love all the movies excluding Season of the Witch and Resurrection. Like many, I thought Resurrection was God awful but I actually love H20 and think it's a worthy sequel. I don't get why so many people hated it. But anyway, I'll always love the Halloween series and will see any sequel that is released.

Forgive me father, for I am sin
    I'm living proof that a mind is a terrible thing.
    So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. If life gives you assholes, make a Troma movie.

Demon to Some
    Imagine peace on this earth
    when there's no grief Imagine
    grief on this earth when
    there's no peace

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Darkgod on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 51
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Chumpstylz PSN ID D_A_R_K_G_O_D
    It is sad to say, but this series died with Akhad. WIthout him or debra hill, the only thing that has a chance in hell of saving this is John Carpenter.

Or..... Tom Atkins

Pinhead in Training
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-27-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by kiddyidd
    I never viewed the entire Halloween series and was always curious to know if Michael Myers was ever unmasked?

Yep for about 10 seconds in Halloween and Then for about 30 secs in Halloween 5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast