3 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 11
    Are there any pics of the monster floating around anywhere yet?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "You screw my wife,I screwdrive your head"

Citizen Erased
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-14-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Last edited by //Neon_Maniac//; 01-17-2008 at 10:56 PM.
    For one moment, I wish you would hold your stage with no feeling at all...
    -Matthew Bellamy

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    That pic blows. Can't see anything.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Horror Geek
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-27-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    wtf

zzzzz

Theatricality and Deception
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-02-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    heard you dont really get a good look at it, which is a good thing IMO.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-20-2014

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Just got back from seeing it and it was EXCELLENT. It was so much better then Blair witch project and Godzilla remake. The way they did it with a hold hand camera was so well done and realistic. This is probably the best monster movie I've seen in the long time. Best movie so far in 2008. I can't wait to see it again.

10/10

The Stoner In The Horror Movie
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Wax Zombie View Post
    Just got back from seeing it and it was EXCELLENT. It was so much better then Blair witch project and Godzilla remake. The way they did it with a hold hand camera was so well done and realistic. This is probably the best monster movie I've seen in the long time. Best movie so far in 2008. I can't wait to see it again.

10/10
    comin' from the dude that said Friday The 13th Part 8 was a 10/10... now I'm not sure 'bout this movie.

Non Horror Draft Winners
    #1 Get Some
    #2 Steelba
    #3 Steelba
    #4 strtfghtr

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    well this movie BLOWS. Thats right. IT SUCKED! The entire movie is the guys hand held camera so everytime something exciting happens it shakes 100 miles an hour so you never see whats going on. And that doesnt add "tention" that adds "annoyance". The monster is some fake lookin CGI piece of crap, and so are the little ones it spawns. This giant monster shows up out of nowhere, and for some reason it can spawn these little creatures that sound like donald duck when their mad.

And the idiot holding the camera. GIVE ME A BREAK. Hmm point the camera at these people I see all the time or that big ass fucking monster? Well me personally I'd go with the big ass fucking monster but apparently the camera guy didn't share my opinion. The first 15 minutes or so of this movie are boring as hell. And the ending? well the ending is just really bad. Just dumb. If your gonna go and try to make your "giant monster attacks new york" movie all realistic with a hand held camera, all your critters being crappy CG is probably a really bad idea. Now granted a lot of shots of a giant monster attacking the city will need to be CG. But every single shot? no. Not to mention the guys camera goes through hell and still works. I found that laughable, and the fact the military never took it away from him even when he went into their little HQ. I thought that was odd.

So if this movie breathes new life into the monster movie genre then I'm happy about that. Cuz I love a good monster movie. Key word being GOOD. This movie was not that. I've been waiting for this movie ever since I saw the trailer on Transformers and good lord was I let down. Crappy special effects and a really really really shaky camera is all this movie boils down to. If you don't like either one of those 2 things. Skip it skip it skip it! This movie was a good idea on paper...yeah....on paper. If the documentary style of the movie had been scrapped this movie might have been atleast watchable. So if you've heard this comparison its dead on true. This flick is Blair Witch meets the U.S. Godzilla remake. And yes thats as bad as it sounds.

Theatricality and Deception
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-02-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    pretty sure those going in know its all from hand held camera. if not then good luck. anyways it was entertaining, kept me on the edge of my seat and the pretty good shot we get at the end, the creature was cool I guess

UHM's Giant
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-14-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Falling Rock View Post
    well this movie BLOWS. Thats right. IT SUCKED! The entire movie is the guys hand held camera so everytime something exciting happens it shakes 100 miles an hour so you never see whats going on. And that doesnt add "tention" that adds "annoyance". The monster is some fake lookin CGI piece of crap, and so are the little ones it spawns. This giant monster shows up out of nowhere, and for some reason it can spawn these little creatures that sound like donald duck when their mad.

And the idiot holding the camera. GIVE ME A BREAK. Hmm point the camera at these people I see all the time or that big ass fucking monster? Well me personally I'd go with the big ass fucking monster but apparently the camera guy didn't share my opinion. The first 15 minutes or so of this movie are boring as hell. And the ending? well the ending is just really bad. Just dumb. If your gonna go and try to make your "giant monster attacks new york" movie all realistic with a hand held camera, all your critters being crappy CG is probably a really bad idea. Now granted a lot of shots of a giant monster attacking the city will need to be CG. But every single shot? no. Not to mention the guys camera goes through hell and still works. I found that laughable, and the fact the military never took it away from him even when he went into their little HQ. I thought that was odd.

So if this movie breathes new life into the monster movie genre then I'm happy about that. Cuz I love a good monster movie. Key word being GOOD. This movie was not that. I've been waiting for this movie ever since I saw the trailer on Transformers and good lord was I let down. Crappy special effects and a really really really shaky camera is all this movie boils down to. If you don't like either one of those 2 things. Skip it skip it skip it! This movie was a good idea on paper...yeah....on paper. If the documentary style of the movie had been scrapped this movie might have been atleast watchable. So if you've heard this comparison its dead on true. This flick is Blair Witch meets the U.S. Godzilla remake. And yes thats as bad as it sounds.
    Rather than type a long review I'm gonna say that I disagree completely. I'm not gonna type out a lengthy counter review but instead say simply put, either the video camera concept is gonna work for you, or it's gonna turn you off completely, that is the key deciding factor of your like or dislike of this film.

Last edited by Revenant; 01-18-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Hello?
    hi guys

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Doh
    Add Get Some on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 5
    i thought the movie was awesome

RIP JJ

Horror Character Draft Winners
    1-IKickAssFortheLord
    2-2011 Darkgod

Non Horror Character Draft Winners
    1-Shreds of Flesh
    2-2011 Woodenheart

TV Character Draft Winners
    1-Mudvayne_Eternal

My little DVD collection- http://getsome.dvdaf.com/owned

UHM's Reverend
    I take what I don't need... I
    crush... You BLEED...

Status
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Follow WarBeast On Twitter Add WarBeast on Facebook
    Visit WarBeast's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Nope. PSN ID Dada Steam ID Don't want to share it. Wii Code Zilch

I'm sure if I look around here long enough, I'll find a post I made months ago to you, stating something to the effect of, "Why are you even going to bother seeing this? It's going to be a CG monster and you're going to hate it."

I think we ended up agreeing that you hate just about everything.

Last edited by WarBeast; 01-19-2008 at 12:04 AM.

Plucking Eyes, Sockets Red, Swarming Flies, EAT THE DEAD!!!!!! - Me

"The blackest night falls from the skies,
    The darkness grows, as all light dies,
    We crave your hearts and your demise,
    By my black hand— the dead shall rise!"

UHM's Giant
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-14-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    more pictures added to 1-18-08.com, some very interesting ones, I don't think Cloverfield is quite done yet....

Got something else too, spoilers involved with these two links, I can't mention what they are since I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?...field059fu3.flv

http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370

click the links in the order they are listed.

And my final tidbit is below this and highlight it to see it.

Spoiler: In the final scene when Rob and Beth are in Coney Island, when they show the ocean for a few brief seconds you can see something crash into the water..

Last edited by Revenant; 01-19-2008 at 12:20 AM.

The Priest
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-29-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    I am looking forward to seeing this.

I once was lost but now i'm found

My dvd collection

You'll Never Walk Alone

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBeast View Post
    I'm sure if I look around here long enough, I'll find a post I made months ago to you, stating something to the effect of, "Why are you even going to bother seeing this? It's going to be a CG monster and you're going to hate it."

I think we ended up agreeing that you hate just about everything.
    well I dont hate everything, but you were right that I wasn't gonna like this flick. But honestly it wasn't the CG monsters that made me hate it. The more I think about it it was the camera work. Had it not been for that I think I might have atleast enjoyed myself. I think it would have been a better idea to go back and forth between their camera and something else. Cuz I think handheld thing can add some realism to a movie. But it being their the entire time for me is annoying.

Undead Sex Machine
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-13-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    ***SPOILER***
    Did anyone else notice that right at the very end when Rob and Beth were at Coney Island, you can see something falling from the sky and into the ocean?

UHM's Giant
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-14-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    well I dont hate everything, but you were right that I wasn't gonna like this flick. But honestly it wasn't the CG monsters that made me hate it. The more I think about it it was the camera work. Had it not been for that I think I might have atleast enjoyed myself. I think it would have been a better idea to go back and forth between their camera and something else. Cuz I think handheld thing can add some realism to a movie. But it being their the entire time for me is annoying.
    exactly, that concept is make or break for this film with people.

I think if this movie succeeds we could see some other monster movies, and frankly I wouldn't mind.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    A bit disappointing for all the hype, I think had there not been so much craze, there'd be less people walking away so pissed. I didn't think it was bad, I actually enjoyed it a lot, though I think it was terribly unfortunate that we got such a drawn out look at the monster's face.

"This is not an exit."

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40
    So are all the fanboys who've dedicated sites to this movie 6 months before release completely disappointed, feeling let down, and that somehow JJ abrams raped their collective childhood (cause there was no voltron)??

too many BANNED MOFOs
    Bo-rack Obama mutha fucka

Status
    Last Online
    06-06-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    ***Spoilers***(you're a fucktard if you're reading this thread if you don't want to see any)

I have a suspicion there may have been more than just one monster, perhaps more than two even. We know about the one that was able to walk through Manhattan, and we assume it was also the one that threw the statue head, but nothing on it looks like a tentacle, and the thing that caused the Brooklyn bridge to collapse really looked like a tentacle. And then you have the central park scene at the end where Hud dies. First of all, the monster he sees that is above him is much smaller than whatever they saw before, and second they would have seen or at least heard the monster coming from some direction. I believe the central park monster was altogether different.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast