Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

skybrick
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Payne View Post
    Why is it someone always has to help Jigsaw out? Why cant it of just been him and left it at that.
    The games must go on.

Quote Originally Posted by mr32 View Post
    I was saying the same thing about IV after S3. How can they make a part IV when jigsaw is dead, but they pull it off with IV. They probably already have the story for V and VI.
    The only way I see it is if V and VI are wrapped around each other like III and IV were, but then there wouldn't be a twist.

Id probably give this a 7/10
    I didn't get confused at all so that helps. Sloppy at times? most def but I sitll enjoyed it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

UHM's Reverend
    I take what I don't need... I
    crush... You BLEED...

Status
    Last Online
    4 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Follow WarBeast On Twitter Add WarBeast on Facebook
    Visit WarBeast's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Nope. PSN ID Dada Steam ID Don't want to share it. Wii Code Zilch
    Quote Originally Posted by FREDDY VORHEES MYERS75 IV View Post
    I HEARD THAT THEY ARE MAKING A SAW 5 & HERE'S MY PLOT FOR IT
    PLOT:5 YEARS LATER JIGSAW WAS A GOOD PERSON NOW BUT BUT A GROUP OF PSYCHOS TOOK HIM & HIS FRIENDS WITH REIVALS TOO TO PULL THE GAME ON THEM BUT JIGSAW'S DAUGHTER WAS THERER TOO SO HE GOT A DOOL TO SAVE HIM & HIS 2 FRIENDS WHICH SUVIROED IT SO THEY GOT IN LOVE THEN A NUCLEAR BOMB FELL THE END
    It is simply impossible for a person to be this fucking stupid and still be able to breathe, let alone set up an account on this message board... I think this guy is acting retarded on purpose.

Plucking Eyes, Sockets Red, Swarming Flies, EAT THE DEAD!!!!!! - Me

"The blackest night falls from the skies,
    The darkness grows, as all light dies,
    We crave your hearts and your demise,
    By my black hand— the dead shall rise!"

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2020

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBeast View Post
    It is simply impossible for a person to be this fucking stupid and still be able to breathe, let alone set up an account on this message board... I think this guy is acting retarded on purpose.
    One can only pray that someone is acting in that scenario.

UHM's Battle Royale Survivor
    This user is too awesome to
    have a status

Status
    Last Online
    05-18-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag UHMs Misfit
    cannibal chainsaw returns

Sometimes Dead is Better
    The Fallen Angel

Status
    Last Online
    03-12-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I am very much up in the air on this movie. Some of the plot threw me off, while some of it never really attracted me (Jigsaw's wife). I really felt they should've focused on the character of Rigg for much more of the film. He was the strongest character and strongest actor. I will have to watch this again when it hits DVD. Wasn't too big on the twist though.

Times are looking grim these days - holding onto everything - it's hard to draw the line. I, am hiding in this empty space, tortured by my memories of what i've left behind

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2020

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    I am very much up in the air on this movie. Some of the plot threw me off, while some of it never really attracted me (Jigsaw's wife). I really felt they should've focused on the character of Rigg for much more of the film. He was the strongest character and strongest actor. I will have to watch this again when it hits DVD. Wasn't too big on the twist though.
    I dunno. I liked the twist. It gave you the sense that Jigsaw really had all of his grounds covered and wasn't just focused on one thing at a time rather than the big picture.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Just caught the flick. Weakest in the series, but still a good movie. Should have a review soon.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2020

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Looking forward to your review fright

Hopefully you still consider this a must see movie :p hehe I love the entire series.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

In order to fall under my "Must See" list it has to receive an 8 or 9-rating, which, sad to say, won't be given to this film

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Big Blue
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-02-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    damn fright a 7? isnt that a bit high?

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

No

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2020

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Yeah, I think that review's pretty spot on. I'd still consider the Saw series as a whole must see and therefore, the fourth one is in there lol

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Thumbs Up
    Here's a interview with co-screenwriter of Saw IV, V and VI...

Exclusive Interview: Patrick Melton
    IGN chats with the co-screenwriter of Saw IV, V and VI and the sequels to Feast.
    by Stax
    October 31, 2007 - Screenwriter Patrick Melton caught his big break when Feast, a script he co-wrote with writing partner Marcus Dunstan, won the Project Greenlight competition and was produced as a feature film in 2005. IGN Movies recently had the chance to chat with Melton about making the leap to co-writing Saw IV, as well as the next two installments in Lionsgate's hit horror franchise.

IGN: How difficult was it for you and your writing partner Marcus Dunstan to step into an already existing franchise?

Patrick Melton: It was tricky because the Saw films are so serialized. Unlike other horror films, the core characters and story threads span all films, so keeping track of those aspects was a challenge. However, with Darren [Lynn Bousman] still on board directing, in addition to most of the crew, we had a lot of people watching our backs and ensuring that everything tracked.

IGN: Did you feel confined at all by all the pre-established elements that you had to use? Did you ever wish you could have just started with a clean slate?

Melton: Had we started from a clean slate I'm not sure it would have been a Saw film. For me, and many other fans, it's fun to see how the pre-established characters and story threads play out when additional aspects are added to them. At the same time, though, it's a challenge to get in the mindset of the franchise and capture the voices of the pre-established characters. Then again, the core creative team was always there to make sure everything tracked.

IGN: Since Darren Bousman had constructed Saw III to be the last saw film in a way -- he killed off Jigsaw -- how many variations did you guys go through until you found a way to make a Saw IV work? Besides working Jigsaw back into it, what was the biggest narrative challenge you faced?

Melton: Jigsaw was dying in the original Saw, so killing him in III seemed appropriate. However, Saw III ends with a cliffhanger (Jeff's missing daughter), so it clearly wasn't the last film. When Jigsaw died, he proved that he already had games to be played. The swallowed tape was only one of several clues, as we learned in IV. And because we play with time so much in the series, simply because Jigsaw is dead doesn't mean that he can't still be involved. And is it really a Saw movie without Jigsaw?

- Lionsgate

Click for more images from Saw IV.
    IGN: How satisfied are you with the finished result? And was there anything in the script that didn't make it into the final film?

Melton: The Saw films are about constant rewriting. From writing to directing to editing, constant rewriting is taking place. There's a lot that was supposed to be in IV that is being pushed to V because there was simply too much story. When Marcus and I were brought in we pitched a trilogy. I enjoy the Saw films because they don't feel episodic and they evolve. The characters and story threads we introduced in IV have an end game that intertwine with the characters and story threads Leigh [Whannell] weaved through the first three films. I really like IV, and I'm excited to get started on V.

IGN: So what exactly can you reveal about Saw V?

Melton: Yes, as stated, Marcus and I are writing V, in addition to VI. We pitched a trilogy early on, and we're continuing the open threads from IV (there are a lot). Additionally, with the final twist in III, we have things to work with from III. Like what ever happened to poor little Corbett (Jeff's daughter)? As usual, the overall story is shrouded in secret, so I can't say anything just yet.

IGN: What can you tell us about the status of the Feast sequels and The Midnight Man?

Melton: Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds and Feast 3: The Happy Finish start shooting back to back in Shreveport, Louisiana on Halloween. John Gulager is at the helm again and the movies are going to be nuts. Blood, gore, and the most unheroic characters to date. No one is safe... not even babies. The Midnight Man, which Marcus is directing, is supposed to shoot after the Feast films. Dimension is our studio and they're looking to start rolling after the New Year -- likely in February. In tone, The Midnight Man is more like Saw than Feast. It's supposed to be a genuine chiller that should scare people into thinking, "Damn, that could happen to me." The world is a scary, scary place... and your own home can be the scariest of all.

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse" -Michael Corleone

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-03-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    WHHOOOOO!!!! well, happy Halloween everybody...that means either 365 or 358 days until SAW V!!!! i honestly can already not wait...and i'll learn to stay the hell away from wikipedia this time!! >_< oh, wellz...the movie was awesome...the gore made me smile and the fact that an hour and a half of film made NOTHING HAPPEN IN THE LONG RUN!! all that's new is a couple more people are dead...no overall story progression...HILARIOUS!! haha, well, yeah...BAM!! i'd give it a 7...

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2020

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by haydonobob View Post
    WHHOOOOO!!!! well, happy Halloween everybody...that means either 365 or 358 days until SAW V!!!! i honestly can already not wait...and i'll learn to stay the hell away from wikipedia this time!! >_< oh, wellz...the movie was awesome...the gore made me smile and the fact that an hour and a half of film made NOTHING HAPPEN IN THE LONG RUN!! all that's new is a couple more people are dead...no overall story progression...HILARIOUS!! haha, well, yeah...BAM!! i'd give it a 7...
    I don't know how you can say there was no story progression because a completely "new" variable was added into the equation/revealed.

Horror Geek
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-27-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by haydonobob View Post

zzzzz

If left in the sun..mayo grows hair
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-16-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Absolutely great movie. As good, if not better then the first. By far the most clever in the series. My only question is....

**SPOILERS**How did Jigsaw get this guy to help him? Was that something I missed or are we to assume it will be revealed in Saw 5?**

And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. ~ Acts 4:12

"I feel the need...the need for SPEED!"
    -Tom Cruise and Anthony Edwards
    'TOP GUN'

Check out my MySpace page....http://www.myspace.com\pastorice43

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2020

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by pastor_ice43 View Post
    Absolutely great movie. As good, if not better then the first. By far the most clever in the series. My only question is....

**SPOILERS**How did Jigsaw get this guy to help him? Was that something I missed or are we to assume it will be revealed in Saw 5?**
    For some reason I'm thinking that it was told and I can't remember. But I could be wrong...

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

It wasn't revealed, but it should be in the sequel.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast