Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    One of the only good Wes Craven movies. I actually own the soundtrack to this one and enjoy playing it once in a while.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    One of the only good Wes Craven movies. I actually own the soundtrack to this one and enjoy playing it once in a while.
    I hate Wes Craven too, I think he's disgustingly overrated - although I did like Wes Craven's New Nightmare and The People Under the Stairs and all the Scream movies. I've been wanting to see Last House on the Left for a while now because the summary on Netflix sounds interesting, but whenever I think "early-Craven" I think The Hills Have Eyes, his original version, and it makes me dislike myself.

"This is not an exit."

better than you
    #BoredAsFu@k

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by ASoron0424 View Post
    I hate Wes Craven too, I think he's disgustingly overrated - although I did like Wes Craven's New Nightmare and The People Under the Stairs and all the Scream movies. I've been wanting to see Last House on the Left for a while now because the summary on Netflix sounds interesting, but whenever I think "early-Craven" I think The Hills Have Eyes, his original version, and it makes me dislike myself.
    I'm right there with you on Craven. His stuff is ridiculously overrated. He relies too much on campiness and trying to incorporate humor into his movies and most of the time, it just doesn't work. Swamp Thing? Deadly Friend? Shocker? All movies that would probably been better in the hands of a different director.

The Gay One
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-31-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I think it could've been a good movie, (the scene at the river is actually very good)but the ridiculous soundtrack RUINS it. Those goofy sound effects and stuff are too cheesy for me.

"He's a real gentleman. I bet he takes the dishes out of the sink before he pees in it." Shirley Maclaine as Weezer

better than you
    #BoredAsFu@k

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by JerkyPuck View Post
    I think it could've been a good movie, (the scene at the river is actually very good)but the ridiculous soundtrack RUINS it. Those goofy sound effects and stuff are too cheesy for me.
    I think the soundtrack is one example of Craven's campiness actually working. Some of the songs on it are so ridiculous and over-the-top that you can't help but kind of chuckle at them.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-19-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I didn't like this movie at all. I don't like when directors substitute substance for cruelty. By not adding any element of thought provoking storyline to a movie its almost as if the director is indirectly assuming that im stupid and i dont appreciate that assumption. Dont get me wrong, I like the ultra-violent, silly movies ( dead alive, everything troma) but they are intended to be that way. Like hostel, this movie was cruelty and not much else but intended to be taken seriously. I am assuming when this movie came out it attracted a similar crowd as Hostel...dumb, meathead jocks who like to watch women be tortured for no reason. The only redeeming aspect of this movie was when the mom bit that guys cock off. Fucking gnarley.

Diz mutha F'er got banned!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-10-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by desiredisaster View Post
    I am assuming when this movie came out it attracted a similar crowd as Hostel...dumb, meathead jocks who like to watch women be tortured for no reason.
    Nice way making a blind-dumb assumption of people based on your own personal taste of movies. Really, bravo.

Last edited by Cataclysm; 11-13-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by desiredisaster View Post
    I didn't like this movie at all. I don't like when directors substitute substance for cruelty. By not adding any element of thought provoking storyline to a movie its almost as if the director is indirectly assuming that im stupid and i dont appreciate that assumption. Dont get me wrong, I like the ultra-violent, silly movies ( dead alive, everything troma) but they are intended to be that way. Like hostel, this movie was cruelty and not much else but intended to be taken seriously. I am assuming when this movie came out it attracted a similar crowd as Hostel...dumb, meathead jocks who like to watch women be tortured for no reason. The only redeeming aspect of this movie was when the mom bit that guys cock off. Fucking gnarley.
    :noob:

"This is not an exit."

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-19-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    im just saying when hostel came out it seemed to get great responses from one demographic and it was annoying as shit. maybe that was just where i live or something. i dont know. i know that was offensive, sorry. but again way too many people who dont even watch horror movies made hostel the new standard for horror movies when in my opinion i really didnt think it deserved to be. last house on the left struck me the same way when i watched it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12