Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

The Purge series

I like the movies, so I'll check this series. Hopefully they'll go over more stuff that occurs during the purge other than murder. I mean, you'd think there'd be more looting or something

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

UHM Emissary
    Long live the new flesh

Status
    Last Online
    01-19-2024

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 706
    Really excited for this. Want to see more of how this came to be and hoping for more on the class structure and new markets that have emerged as a result.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    * First time watch
    365 Days of Horror 2020-2021 https://boxd.it/97ywm

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I dunno if anyone caught the series already, but I recently finished it and I thought it was alright. The movies are a bit of a guilty pleasure and this series is essentially one long movie, so while it's not very well written and it's incredibly predictable, I still found myself somewhat enjoying it at times.

The whole 10-ep series pretty much took place during Purge night and followed a handful of different characters with their own agendas during the night. Didn't like all the characters, but they were all interesting at least and the show finally showed things the movies didn't touch upon much, like sexual assault and how some women deal with it, because you'd think that next to killing that'd be right up there with what people are doing most during the Purge. There were also some burgleries, but not enough arson was shown, which is another thing I think a lot of people would probably do during the night. Either way, it was interesting to see the show cover and expand on certain aspects that the movies haven't quite yet.

It has already been renewed for a second season, so I'll probably catch that as well. Overall I'd probably give the show a 6/10.

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458

Been watching Season Two of The Purge and so far it's way better than the first season especially where the writing is concerned, you have the writers delving into ideas like a group of poor citizens who want to pull off the biggest bank heist during the Purge, a traumatized survivor becoming a killer and ruthlessly murdering people off Purge night, a husband who is trying to figure out who put a hit on him during Purge night, a sister who works for the NFFA as a Purge Night Surveillance Agent who is trying to figure out what happened to her sister to get her killed during the Purge and uncovering the reality that the Purge is making everyone more violent everyday.

It's very compelling stuff so far and I actually like all the characters and the situations aren't drawn out in a stupidly cartoony fashion (the scenes where the Purgers take forever taunting their victims rather than just kill them right then and there).

It's weird, in terms of the Purge franchise it only works in twos, The Purge: Anarchy and The Purge: Season 2. Really weird.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Toby; 11-25-2019 at 07:35 PM.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Season 2 was a HUGE step up from the tiresome first season. Since it mainly takes place between purges it explores how purging effects people and society in general, and the characters here are way more interesting. I'd recommend checking it out if you liked the movies, and if you haven't seen the first season just skip it all together and watch the 2nd because there's no connection between the two. There's even a nice nod to the first Purge movie in this second season. 7/10

+ Reply to Thread