Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm View Post
    The Bears can go fuck themselves.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

No one ever wins, no one finally loses... except the dead. Under the sun, they rot together with absolute biological equality

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm View Post
    The Bears can go fuck themselves.

To the original topic, art films like Eraserhead do require patience as they are usually slow going so if you aren't in the mood for that kind of a movie it will probably ruin the experience of the movie. Eraserhead is Lynch's most surreal movie, the rest of them are more avant-garde (that's how I think his style of movies are best explained anyways).
    Yeah, to this day he says Eraserhead is his most "spiritual" movie, that it has the most meaning to him of all the others. I can't help but wonder if Eraserhead is one of those movies where it's symbols only have definitive meaning for their maker, you know? It's not a kind of commentary that everyone will pick up on (aside from the occasional symbols regarding characters).

"This is not an exit."

Son of Celluloid
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-31-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfatha View Post
    It's not a movie to watch with your girlfriend unless she's a a real film student type and can watch anything.
    that's the dream, Godfatha.

that's the dream.

"When I'm travelling through the Land of Oz in my new Takuro Spirit, I drink Nozz-A-La! It fills me up but never fills me out! It makes me happy to be a man! It makes me know god! It gives me the outlook of an angel and the balls of a tiger! When I drink Nozz-A-La, I say 'Gosh! Ain't I glad to be alive!'"

Frey
    This user has no status.

I watched Eraserhead last night for the first time. It is one of the only Lynch films I had not seen. I felt a little odd after watching it. I gues the parent in me made me feel bad for the baby creature. A few years ago I took film appreciation in college and I wondered why we never watched this. I think it is a remarkable film. It is beautiful and thought provoking, yet very disturbing. When I get a chance I want to get this on DVD. I read someone here saying their interpretation was the struggles of parenthood. I saw it more as an obsession with sex and the consequences that it can create. I will give it another watch soon.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    It was decent, but relies more shock than anything imo

Frey
    This user has no status.

I have to disagree. I don't think it was made with the intentions of being a shock film. I would consider it more of an art house film. I mean yeah I was disturbed by the baby but I wouldn't really think that was Lynch's intentions. I regard him as a remarkable filmmaker. For me there are only 3 that I would consider as remarkable, the other 2 being Stanley Kubrick and Darren Aronofsky. I believe there is a lot of hidden meaning in this film that no one other than Lynch himself will ever know about. He is way too highly regarded as a filmmaker in my opinion to make a film simply for shock value, even if this was his debut.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12