Status
    Last Online
    01-20-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    It was actually people on this site that first got me to wanna watch Murder-Set-Pieces.I bet you guys liked it at first and then changed your minds cause it was cool to go against the hype :nod:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The Gay One
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-31-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Metapher View Post
    It was actually people on this site that first got me to wanna watch Murder-Set-Pieces.I bet you guys liked it at first and then changed your minds cause it was cool to go against the hype :nod:
    Maybe so...but not me. I just couldn't get it. It was way too random for me. The deaths were gory and cool I guess, but the killer was WAAAY too overboard for me. It's much scarier when the killer is restrained. The whole wildman thing just didn't appeal to me at all.

"He's a real gentleman. I bet he takes the dishes out of the sink before he pees in it." Shirley Maclaine as Weezer

Driden
    This user has no status.

Germany I can understand since they are a bunch of pussies lately but the UK?

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-28-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    There really isn't much that gets banned in the UK these days, with two main areas affected: real animal cruelty (the Italian cannibal movies for example)and 'sexualised violence' (especially when it involves children), which is where MSP comes in. It's certainly rare for the BBFC to outright ban a film- they're far more likely to settle for cuts and a high rating, which is what happened to Maniac and New York Ripper. If they took the great step of banning Murder Set Pieces, then the BBFC must have felt that it really had no redeeming virtues, not even the minimal ones of New York Ripper.

My guess would be that Palumbo would probably have got away with some cuts had the film been a proper movie, with plot, characters and so forth. You can make a film like Irreversible and get it passed uncut, because it's not just some excuse to show graphic violence. These days the BBFC are pretty lenient when it comes to films with some degree of artistic value (however small it might be), but I don't think I'm missing much by not being able to buy Palumbo's latest masterpiece.

COMING SOON: Dark Dreams: The World of Anime Horror, by Jim Harper (Noir Publishing).

Pre-orders available from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12