Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

Devil's Den

Watched this on the watch now list on netflix, and I guess it was because I expected it to be really bad cuz of the negative to medium reviews I was reading but I dug this flick. Yeah its a rip off of From Dusk Till Dawn but that doesn't mean it isn't a watchable flick.

It stars Devon Sawa, Ken Foree and Kelly Hu. And its about a bunch of people stuck in a strip club and the strippers turn into a bunch of ghouls and start eating everyone. I was suprised cuz since I figured it was a Till Dawn rip-off that these evil strippers would be vampires, but they aren't, their Ghouls. Depending on what you read a ghoul is different from a zombie. And I would like to see more ghouls in flicks. They can go from human to ghoul form and they don't suck blood like a vampire. They eat you. And in this movie if you kill the queen the rest of them die. So they go through most of this flick fighting the queen. And it was a low budget flick but considering what they had I thought they did a pretty good job. Its nothing original, and its probably nothing you'll just have to own after you see it. But its a worthy creature feature. And after the ending I would love to see a sequal even though that'll probably never happen.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The Lord Caligula
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-21-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    i bought this about a year ago. wish i would have saved my money.

"If movies are the dreams of the mass culture, horror movies are the nightmares"
    — Stephen King

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-05-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Follow Masson26 On Twitter Add Masson26 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Falling Rock View Post
    Watched this on the watch now list on netflix, and I guess it was because I expected it to be really bad cuz of the negative to medium reviews I was reading but I dug this flick. Yeah its a rip off of From Dusk Till Dawn but that doesn't mean it isn't a watchable flick.

It stars Devon Sawa, Ken Foree and Kelly Hu. And its about a bunch of people stuck in a strip club and the strippers turn into a bunch of ghouls and start eating everyone. I was suprised cuz since I figured it was a Till Dawn rip-off that these evil strippers would be vampires, but they aren't, their Ghouls. Depending on what you read a ghoul is different from a zombie. And I would like to see more ghouls in flicks. They can go from human to ghoul form and they don't suck blood like a vampire. They eat you. And in this movie if you kill the queen the rest of them die. So they go through most of this flick fighting the queen. And it was a low budget flick but considering what they had I thought they did a pretty good job. Its nothing original, and its probably nothing you'll just have to own after you see it. But its a worthy creature feature. And after the ending I would love to see a sequal even though that'll probably never happen.
    i agree, its pretty much a remake of from dusk till dawn, but it was still entertaining, dont get why Sawa's career never went anywhere after Final Destination

Please visit my newly launched review site Vault of Obscurity

My DVD Collection

My Swaptree Profile

This and That Discount Store

If you live in the Massachusetts area (in particular Gardner/Fitchburg area) please come visit my retail store, which feature 3,000+ of DVDs, and VHS. (website linked above)

better than you
    #BoredAsFu@k

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thumbs Up
    I saw this a while back. That's 90 minutes of my life that I'm never gonna get back.

+ Reply to Thread