Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

Sharkwater

watched this Documentary last night off netflix and wow. This one makes you think. I've loved sharks ever since I was a kid, and I knew they were endangered and thats bad enough. But I had no idea how close. Shark finning is highly illegal but done all the time. Every day thousands of sharks are killed.

This movie is a real eye opener about it, but its not a complete downer either. Sure you've got the greenpeace freaks who think human beings are worthless pieces of crap. But you have the realistic people as well, and the people who actually give a damn. Sharks are a top predator in the world and around 7o to 80% of our oxygen I think it is, comes from the ocean. If the top predator in the ocean died out we'd have a problem.

Now I did have some issues with this flick, one is I felt like Rob Stewart was a bit full of himself. Not to villanize the guy cuz I felt like he was doin the right thing. But I felt like he just liked hearing his own voice to much. There were other people in the film we briefly heard from, but it was mostly him and his crazy greenpeace friend. And his surfer dude voice did get on my nerves. Plus I think its a bit extreme to sink ships if they are doing something they shouldn't be. But then again if your breaking the law you do need to be stopped. And they did ask this boat to stop doing what it was doing, and they didn't stop. So they got into a sea battle basically. Which was pretty cool to watch. And of course there was a big conspiracy against them because shark finning is a big business and certain countries don't want to stop doing it. Moral of the story? DON'T EAT SHARK.

I find it hilarious to believe that in THIS DAY AND AGE there are people that beileve that sharks have magical healing powers, and if you eat them and those powers will be tranfered to you. There was this extremely idiotic asian guy that Rob was talkin to in different parts throughout the film, and he was goin on about how sharks are fierce killers, and that people eat the fins because sharks don't get diseases. Which they do. And at a resturant that serves shark fin. Where they are talking into the camera about how shark fin isn't the cure all people think it is. They get thrown out. Which I found interesting.

Basically the movie went on about how all life in the ocean, not just sharks are in danger because these fisherman lay down these lines that are over 30 miles long and catch whatever they can, and throw most of the dead stuff back. If you did that on land you'd go to jail for a long time. But Sharks are not protected like they should be. I believe they should, but people have this crazy notion that sharks are man eating monsters although elephants and tigers and all that kill way more people than sharks. Crocodiles are way more fierce than sharks, yet they are protected and sharks are not. Not that crocs shouldn't be protected. I'm just sayin thats BS is all. So if you like sharks or your an animal lover period you should watch this flick. Its interesting to watch and some of the underwater shots are beautiful. You may disagree with some of the force the people use in this movie, but you can't disagree with them that these animals should be protected.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40
    This can all be blamed on Steven Spielberg.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread