They are simply savages...

Addio Zio Tom aka Goodbye Uncle Tom

It was advertised as The first motion picture based on historical facts about the rise and revolt of slavery in America. It became one of the most reviled and misunderstood films of its time. Written edited produced and directed by Gualtiero Jacopetti and Franco Prosperi this epic recreation of the American slave trade atrocities was both condemned as depraved exploitation and acclaimed as an unprecedented cry of Black anguish and rage. The Detroit Chronicle hailed it as a graphic moving nerve-paralyzing film. Legendary film critic Pauline Kael called it the most specific and rabid incitement of the race war. Three decades cannot diminish GOODBYE UNCLE TOM s impact or quiet its controversy.

-----------------------------------------------

Not considered a true Mondo film since the events depicted in the movie are reenactments and recreations instead of real footage, its still proves to be a rather nasty look at the slavery and treatment of African-American's through the years.

Out of the whole movie the scene that I found the most disturbing was the slave ship footage which included having a mans teeth broken out because he refused to eat. Then another spraying diarrhea everywhere, so they decide to fix the problem by shoving a sugar can up the man's ass. Another movie that will leave a bad taste in your mouth but recommend checking out if you are looking for something more to your atrocity movies.

Blue Underground just released the 123 minute version which is the uncut version, and the one I recommend checking out. Since it's been awhile since I last researched this to find the different versions. If I remember correctly the Director's Cut actually removed alot of the "shock" scenes and instead made it more focused on the progression of the black culture.