Status
    Last Online
    12-10-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Post Idea for a short story or short film.

What do you guys think about this story?
    Two brothers Hayden & Kurill live alone in an old small Village in England. One night for an unknown reason (Explained later) Kurill becomes possesed by a demon. In a state of rage attacks Hayden. After a vicous fight Hayden kills his brother. He was afraid to go to anyone so he buried Kurill in his backyard. No one new the brothers so if they both just disapeared no one would notice.

After going through depression and hatred Hayden a couple days later attempts to commit suicide (still not knowing what really took over his brother). Until something caught his eye out in his foggy back yard. It was a dark figure with a black cloak with what looked like a mixed Jackal/Goat for a head. After more horrifying events unfold Hayden sets out on a terrifying adventure to uncover the hidden secretes of his brother and the Village.
    If The 9th Gate & Silent Hill had a baby then that's the story I'm aiming for or you could say I'm getting the vibe from some the early SH games.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Liquid_Snake; 07-09-2008 at 05:43 PM.

UHM's Serial Killer
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-21-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    This sounds like an interesting idea. I suggest writing it out fully and if you picture more of a film than as a short story film it.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-10-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Yea I would love to capture the Jackal headed beast in a foggy Village on film. The idea actually came to me in a dream. I'll probably take up your advice an make a full length story soon.

UHM's #1 Killer
    Half of life is fucking up,
    the other half is dealing with
    it.

Status
    Last Online
    11-25-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    ..Creepy... good idea, I like it.

"(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshiped.
    Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man." Philip K. Dick The Man in the High Castle (1962)

UHM's Serial Killer
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-21-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Snake View Post
    Yea I would love to capture the Jackal headed beast in a foggy Village on film. The idea actually came to me in a dream. I'll probably take up your advice an make a full length story soon.
    Yeah once you have it all written out it is so much easier to come back to it and find out what exactly you want to do with it. Whatever direction you take make sure to keep us updated. :nod:

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-19-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Just my two cents, so don't take it all too personally...

What if Hayden has no idea that his brother was possessed, but just killed him? And reflecting on things, Hayden realizes that who he killed wasn't his brother, just a shell. Then the demon story, as you have, comes into play.

?

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-10-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    @9er I'm confused about your Q: Yes Hayden did not know what took over his brother. He then tries to figure out what happend in a 2 or 3 day period which almost drives him insane. "Not being able to understand why your own brother would try to kill you is pretty fucked up" So he decides that he's just going to kill himself so that he can drop the burden of killing Kurill.

As he's trying to make the decision of ending it all the event about the Jackel headed man occurs Which is going to be hopefully one of my most frightning scenes n the story. After that & more Horrifying moments happen convinces himself that he shouldnt give up. Even though the pain is hard to bare with he needs to figure out the truth.

Last edited by Liquid_Snake; 07-11-2008 at 05:28 PM.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-19-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Snake View Post
    @9er I'm confused about your Q: Yes Hayden did not know what took over his brother. He then tries to figure out what happend in a 2 or 3 day period which almost drives him insane. "Not being able to understand why your own brother would try to kill you is pretty fucked up" So he decides that he's just going to kill himself so that he can drop the burden of killing Kurill.

As he's trying to make the decision of ending it all the event about the Jackel headed man occurs Which is going to be hopefully one of my most frightning scenes n the story. After that & more Horrifying moments happen convinces himself that he shouldnt give up. Even though the pain is hard to bare with he needs to figure out the truth.

Oh! That makes more sense. The way I read your first post is that "we" already knew his brother was possessed.

+ Reply to Thread