Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26
    Has anybody seen "Salo: 120 Days In Sodom"? I haven't, but just recently has a friend recommend that one, which was the first time I has even heard of that one. I already checked out its trailer, and it definitely looks different and original, to say the least, from that. I couldn't find it viewable for free anywhere, and it's not currently available on Netflix or Prime either. The only copy I found available to order would be on DVD, and not cheap. I'm mainly wondering if it would be worth spending a bit more to see and to have as a keeper, to watch again and again from time to time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I finally got to see Salo: 120 Days In Sodom, which has got to be the most disturbing and neauseating movie I have ever seen, but also very intense and perfectly filmed, directed, edited, and executed! The story takes place during the Nazi Halocaust in Italy with a realistic outlook on how sick and demented that organization really was in ways most history books did not include in their teachings! Something even creepier about that film is that the director was murdered in real life by a male prostitute that same year. I personally found it worth a look, but I would have to be very selective in who I might recommend it to...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I finally got to see "Cannibal Ferox," and I'm glad I did. There's a lot of great action and suspense, along with the gore fx looking really neat and intense. There is also a lot of very wild and intense jungle based horror scenes with the anacondas catching and devouring wild animals, which does happen out in the deep hearts of the jungles in different parts of the world. There is also a good well developed plot and story line, along with good, well developed drama and dialogue, helping to develope each character overall well. This is a bit more extreme and graphic than "Cannibal Holocaust," but it should appeal to most fans of both that film, as well as the Italian giallo horror films from the 1970s and 1980s.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I also got to see Mario Bava's "Shock," which is another high recommendation for those into the Italian giallo horror films from the 1970s and 1980s. That one begins with a nice newly married couple with a young son, whose real dad had been believed to have killed himself at the beginning, only the story developes more and more into how the real dad did not kill himself, and his spirit lives on, wanting to reclaim and spend time with his son. This one is overall well developed into a good story with plenty of twists and turns leading it into different ways from how things originally appear, reminding the audience on how things are not always how they appear and how looks can be deceiving. On a side note, the child actor in this film is very adorable and did an amazing job playing his role.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I just saw Mario Bava's "Black Sunday," which has nothing to do with the American movie from the 1970s about terrorists wanting to bomb the Super Bowl, but is about a witch and her husband who were tried and murdered for their satanic deeds back in the 1600s, then accidentally resurrected when a professor accidentally cracks open her glass tomb. Her spirit then has her husband rise from the grave to get into the castle of the descendants who tired and murdered them to not only get revenge, but also for the witch to be reborn through their youngest daughter. Just like most of Mario Bava's horror films, this one is an eye opener and very intense from beginning to end. This is also a black and white classic horror film from 1960, starring Barbara Steele. Those who like Mario Bava and/or Barbara Steele should definitely give this one a look.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I recently watched Delirium by Lamberto Bava. It's late in the giallo game but none the less is a fantastic watch. The nudity is turned up to 11 and the kills are fun and interesting. Plus is features the now late Daria Nicolodi so that makes it a must watch giallo.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    5 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 50
    Need to get back into some Giallo, been a while.

Last movie I watched with even a vague Giallo feel was the Spanish film Killer of Dolls (1973). He was an odd cat to say the least.

Need to pick up Eyeball at some point.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Splat View Post
    Need to get back into some Giallo, been a while.

Last movie I watched with even a vague Giallo feel was the Spanish film Killer of Dolls (1973). He was an odd cat to say the least.

Need to pick up Eyeball at some point.
    Eyeball is a good one. It has a very well developed plot with well developed characters along with well developed drama and dialgoue. There are also a lot of twists and turns, making it look like the killer is one person, then that person gets it, then making it look like the killer's another person, and so on. Three more recomendations from Lenzi are Nightmare City, Eaten Alive, and Cannibal Ferrox, if you haven't already seen them.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Hate the voices.

Status
    Last Online
    22 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 271
    Given: 356
    Ah, Cannibal Ferox. Nothing like a full-on castration scene to brighten your day...

I can feel your blood
    dripping on my skin
    I can taste your flesh
    All I need is death.

Zombiefied Zealot
    Eat The Dead

Status
    Last Online
    5 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 50

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I just recently caught a few more Italian giallo horror films on Tubi TV! Umberto Lenzi's "A Quiet Place To Kill," Mario Bava's "Baron Blood," and another one called "The Black Belly Of The Tarantula" may not be the best of the sub-genre, but they are all still overall good, unique, original, and interesting films with a lot of great action, suspense, and thrills, along with good twists and turns! There is even a good amount of humorous dialogue in each of those films as well! Those who like the Italian giallo horror films should enjoy those as well!

Last edited by classic_horror_fan; 01-29-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    17 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 268
    Given: 103
    I've always liked Tubi's selection of horror/thriller flicks. They tend to offer more lesser known/hidden gem stuff. Midnight Pulp is also good for these kinds of movies, though they're not always free.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I just saw a few more Italian giallo horror films on Tubi TV, Mario Bava's "Blood On Black Lace," Umberto Lenzi's "Knife Of Evil," "Beyond The Darkness," "The Night Evelyn Came Out Of The Grave," and "Strip Nude For Your Killer." They are all very intense, artsy, and gory with plenty of great twists and turns! "Knife Of Evil" and "The Night Evelyn Came Out From The Grave" turned out to have two of the most surprising endings I have seen, which says a LOT!

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Been thinking of revisiting the giallo genre; it has been awhile

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I just saw Mario Bava's "Hatchet For The Honeymoon" for the first time, and that one is an eye opening interesting and intense one. It is about an unhappy married man whose wife will not have a divorce because she wants to keep part of his business and profit. He goes on a spree of killing soon to be happy brides, due to that and a severe mental illness. This one takes us inside the mind of the sick and demented serial killer, which is unique and different from most serial killer films, and it is very artsy and gory with good smooth editing like most of Mario Bava's work. Those who like the psychological thrillers that are dark, artsy, and gory in the old school done right format, along with fans of Mario Bava should not be disappointed with this one.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I finally got to see Lucio Fulci's "Aeginma,' which is a comedy horror anti-bullying film, and is very well done with so many awesome looking kill scenes with the spirit of a dying victim of a college prank gone terribly wrong getting back at all those involved with it. This is like taking "Carrie" to a whole new level. There is also a lot of great action, stunt work, props, gore, drama, dialogue, scenery, with great smooth editing and a killer lively soundtrack on the background to provide a great lively mood for each scene as it goes along. This are also plenty of artsy and gory scenes throughout the movie as well, which are overall well done. This is yet another example on why Fulci is considered one of the better of the lower budget horror film makers who can take a low budget horror film, and not only make it look good, but also make it look like it is on a much bigger budget than it actually is. This is also highly recommend for fans of the older school Italian giallo horror films.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I recently saw a few more classic Italian giallo films on Tubi TV from Lucio Fulci that I had not seen before, and it was about time I finally got to see these. One is "Aeigma," about a college prank gone wrong with the victim's ghost back to haunt all of those involved. Another is "Manhattan Baby," about a cursed antique found in an ancient Egyptian tomb, brought back to Manhattan to bring the ghosts of ancient Egyptian pasts into the city of Manhattan. The third one is "Demonia," about an archeology team accidentally digging up the ghosts of another evil past with the demons coming back to haunt everybody. These are all very intense and well done, which is to be expected when from Fulci, who has not disappointed me. Even his lowest rated films turned out to still be worth a look in my opinion.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    It's been a while since I last posted on here! Some of the giallo films I have seen since I was last on here are "Last Shark," "The Church," "Grim Reaper," "Deep Blood," and "Nosferatu"(1979), to name a few.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I missed this thread. I mean I dont think any of those films are actually giallo films. Nosferatu isnt even Italian.

Love the Church though, great movie

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    17 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 268
    Given: 103
    The Church is one of my favorite Soavi flicks. Which is saying something, as I liked most of the movies he directed back in his hey day. But yeah, none of those are actually giallo films. As mentioned previously in this thread, giallo is a very specific sub-genre of Italian horror, not a catch-all term for Italian horror in general.

Incidentally, if you liked The Last Shark and Deep Blood, check out the equally bad Bruno Mattei killer shark flick Cruel Jaws, which like those others is also currently available for free on Tubi. I don't want to be the only one who lost ninety-six minutes of my life on that turkey.

Last edited by Lon of the Dead; 12-02-2021 at 06:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21323334353637383940414243 LastLast