Status
    Last Online
    09-19-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Anyone want to collaborate on a script/story?

I know I am a newbie here, but I am relocating soon and will be unemployed for who knows how long.

I'm looking to collaborate with anyone(s) on any type of horror-themed story. Can be short, long, full-length, whatever. I'd like to stay away from slashers and zombies unless we are going to get really zany with it. I think the genre is just over done right now. Still love those genres though!

A run down on me:

My favorite film is Night of the Living Dead '68. And I really don't like Rob Zombie films - they look nice, but I hate his stories. I was really impressed with The Ruins because it was just... fun. My favorite horror novel is the Necroscope stuff from Brian Lumley. I also like a lot of what Clive Barker used to do. Not really a fan of possession films or action/horror flicks. But I love Exorcist I, III and The Omen.

I've never written a horror script before. I came up with a horror treatment that another producer is trying to pitch now that he wrote the script - indie level and local shoot, not anything major. I have co-written a screenplay with a friend here in Denver - the story is a social commentary drama. Since I am moving, he's going to carry on with the production - he's going for $. So I know the ropes. I used to work for a now-defunct DVD company as a production manager and go to see a lot of stuff from the ground up.

So....:

Mainly, I'm looking for this to be fun. I'm not looking to make $ or a name for myself. I just want to write a horror-themed story with some other like-minded people. And if we were to be sold, I'd split any $ with whomever the other writers are equally.

Anyone game? I'll give you may email addy if you want to do this or we can simply do it here! I also cannot start writing in earnest until 8/18. Once I move, I won't have solid internet until around then... But I'd love to kick around ideas.

Thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Blake Maples 2010
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-07-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by 9er View Post
    I know I am a newbie here, but I am relocating soon and will be unemployed for who knows how long.

I'm looking to collaborate with anyone(s) on any type of horror-themed story. Can be short, long, full-length, whatever. I'd like to stay away from slashers and zombies unless we are going to get really zany with it. I think the genre is just over done right now. Still love those genres though!

A run down on me:

My favorite film is Night of the Living Dead '68. And I really don't like Rob Zombie films - they look nice, but I hate his stories. I was really impressed with The Ruins because it was just... fun. My favorite horror novel is the Necroscope stuff from Brian Lumley. I also like a lot of what Clive Barker used to do. Not really a fan of possession films or action/horror flicks. But I love Exorcist I, III and The Omen.

I've never written a horror script before. I came up with a horror treatment that another producer is trying to pitch now that he wrote the script - indie level and local shoot, not anything major. I have co-written a screenplay with a friend here in Denver - the story is a social commentary drama. Since I am moving, he's going to carry on with the production - he's going for $. So I know the ropes. I used to work for a now-defunct DVD company as a production manager and go to see a lot of stuff from the ground up.

So....:

Mainly, I'm looking for this to be fun. I'm not looking to make $ or a name for myself. I just want to write a horror-themed story with some other like-minded people. And if we were to be sold, I'd split any $ with whomever the other writers are equally.

Anyone game? I'll give you may email addy if you want to do this or we can simply do it here! I also cannot start writing in earnest until 8/18. Once I move, I won't have solid internet until around then... But I'd love to kick around ideas.

Thanks!
    hey, i have an idea/script i have been working on, i would want to film it quickly but i have no rush, the name is Blackout

its about a town being harrassed by something that kills them at night, the whole idea is that whatever is killing them is what also caused thier blackout and they are trapped in their town.

i haven't really done a whole lot more with it, i mean i havent gotten more in-depth with the story...

if you wanna work with me on it, my email is, blake142007@gmail.com

i really doubt that any money can be made of it lol, but if we could find a way i guess we could, but just let me know whatcha think.....

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-19-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by blakemaples_2010 View Post
    hey, i have an idea/script i have been working on, i would want to film it quickly but i have no rush, the name is Blackout

its about a town being harrassed by something that kills them at night, the whole idea is that whatever is killing them is what also caused thier blackout and they are trapped in their town.

i haven't really done a whole lot more with it, i mean i havent gotten more in-depth with the story...

if you wanna work with me on it, my email is, blake142007@gmail.com

i really doubt that any money can be made of it lol, but if we could find a way i guess we could, but just let me know whatcha think.....

I like the concept. Could be very eerie if done well. I'll drop you an email. :bigthumbup:

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Quote Originally Posted by 9er View Post

I hope you find what you're looking for. Lot's o' luck to you.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-19-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Thank guys.

Yeah, I guess I am a minimalist horror fan. I like the simple horror films that just kick ass. I love trashy ones too. LOL.

Anyone, just hit me up. rottenbucher at yahoo dot com.

+ Reply to Thread