Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Actually this is more like Waterworld failure

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 27
    I was so pissed off that i stopped playing dayz to go watch that garbage. At least i didnt pay.

Id like to do one more review comparison, because i truly do believe that Sony paid people off to write positive reviews before the movie came out.

Review 1: " a spontaneous eruption of hellfire hilarity. - Peter Travers in Rolling Stone"

Review 2: "Theatrical disaster. Horribly unfunny. Juvenile. Tasteless. Dumb. Forced. Disgusting. Pathetic and desperate." - RedLetterMedia

As mentioned before, there seems to be a big gap here.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 07-18-2016 at 04:36 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    This is a great breakdown of the evolution of GB3, all the craziness at Sony and why things went so wrong. Despite what the obviously paid reviewers will tell you.

UHM's Arrogant Metal Head
    If anything is possible, is it
    possible for something to be
    impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Add DMHead777 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 570
    Given: 1,294
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag DMHead777 PSN ID dmhead777 Steam ID whittem0re
    That girl from the video above is a god damn moron

"Yay, I want to give a movie a higher rating to push women in films! It's a good intention, but still not honest."

No, it's not a good intention, like, at all. I watched that Red Letter Media video yesterday. Now THOSE are some honest reviews. I always enjoy watching their channel.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I havent watched the RLM review yet, I'm trying to go in with an open mind when I see it with my GF, if I ever find time to go.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by DMHead777 View Post
    That girl from the video above is a god damn moron

"Yay, I want to give a movie a higher rating to push women in films! It's a good intention, but still not honest."
    All she is saying is that it needs to come from a place of creativity if its going to happen. If there is an honest attempt to do this through proper film making means then she could see the value in suggesting a higher rating for these efforts. Instead what we got was a movie made in a board room by people who dont know how to tell stories and simply want to push product sales while giving it a gimmick. Because of this we cannot even give them credit for attempting something.

Im not sure why you'd think shes a moron for saying that, its all spot on.

Last edited by El Ahrairah; 07-21-2016 at 01:06 PM.

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bravenewworld1 View Post
    All she is saying is that it needs to come from a place of creativity if its going to happen. If there is an honest attempt to do this through proper film making means then she could see the value in suggesting a higher rating for these efforts. Instead what we got was a movie made in a board room by people who dont know how to tell stories and simply want to push product sales while giving it a gimmick. Because of this we cannot even give them credit for attempting something.
    Well, yeah that was all pretty obvious without watching her vid. Called her a moron from her past videos. Especially since her name is Comic Book Girl and she called Deadpool the first R rated Marvel Movie. She is a lousy reviewer. Much prefer RLM.

Psycho Killer
    Lurking in the Dark

Status
    Last Online
    3 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Toby On Twitter Add Toby on Facebook
    Visit Toby's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 458
    (DISCLAIMER: I DID NOT PAY TO SEE THIS TERRIBLE MOVIE, SO I WATCHED IT ONLINE FOR FREE IN THE MOST SUITABLY WORST QUALITY)

Ghostbusters 2016 is SONY and Paul "FUCK YOU" Feig's reboot to draw in the mostly stupid crowds they think will give them a new bankable franchise, only 88 million out of 144 million people were fooled enough to see it, if this was the presidential race I'd probably have high hopes for America than I ever did before.

The first trailer that came out for this piece of forgettable garbage started a huge argument on the internet about the retarded ignorant shit-throwing sexist/misogynist cultists versus the feminists who thought this movie will be the gateway to more female presents in one of the most culturally-celebrated artistic mediums of film versus the Ghostbusters fans that were sane enough to express reasonable disagreements about how Paul "TOTAL-FUCKING-PRICK" Feig was being thoughtless and not respecting the original source material.

How did SONY and Paul "COCK-FACE" Feig react to this? Paul Feig called all the Ghostbusters fans assholes and saying fuck you to them all on his twitter even the ones who were being respectful, Paul Feig was acting like the over-grown man-child he seems to have hated, and when he and SONY came out and said "If people don't come to pay to see our movie then they're all women-hating Donald Trump worshiping rapists"...which made me want to NEVER pay to see the movie, which I didn't.

The Ghostbusters movie is an origin story of how the whole team of hilarious women caricatures of the original cast come together, building ghost traps (kind of), who don't want to make a business out of catching ghosts but to just hunt and study ghosts while working with the government while there's a sub-plot with a nerdy ghostbusters fan who wants to open portals to other ghost dimensions because he was bullied and picked on and Paul Feig just REALLY HATED his core audience.

It seems like once the backlash on the first trailer came about, there seemed to have been a specific and possibly interesting vision I wanted to give a chance and see if I could like it, I really tried to give this movie a chance but it had no interest in having a consistent or effective vision other than it being an almost 2 hour long hate rant on the Ghostbusters fanbase.

Paul Feig really wanted to show how much he wanted to hate on all the people who were disagreeing with the direction the franchise or reboot was going and he wanted to exploit the shit out of the anti-feminist stupid guys by which is what surrounds these female characters who are given NOTHING TO WORK WITH and only doing improve that comes off truly and cringe-worthily awful that completely ruins and destroys the talent these four female leads are much more better at than anything this movie or its director could ever have hoped to provide.

The visual effects are ungodly awful, some scenes did some interesting bits like with mannequins moving around and Slimer and some great 2D animation with the Ghostbusters logo coming to life, but the rest of the ghost effects are something you've seen out of Eddie Murphy's Haunted House which is even more terrible when the effects for Ghostbusters (2016) look EVEN WORSE like Green Lantern WORSE and the score is fucking depressingly dreadful making failed attempts at making the Ghostbusters theme out of an orchestra or terrible rap remixes it's like watching a 90s rape scene by the end of credits.

The cameos? Just came in for the pay check, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts, Dan Aykroyd and Sigourney Weaver as great as they are their cameos are extremely small and they really could not give a single solitary fuck to do anything because how can you blame them? Their roles are paper-thin they might as well have not been in it.

You know what the original plot of this movie was going to be? Having the old Ghostbusters catch ghosts while handing down their torches to new Ghostbusters "The Force Awakens"-style, that would have been much more appropriate and have given Ghostbusters fans a nice bit of closure to the original movies while kick-starting a new franchise.

But Paul Feig didn't want to make a sequel and just wanted to make a reboot with a stupid convoluted plot and that's what we got.

I don't usually like to level myself with the more hateful crowds over a movie, but I hope Paul Feig LOSES his job! Paul Feig has done nothing but disrespect his own audience with his childish bullshit, taking 144 million of SONY's dollars and jerking off every step of the way to make a movie that is more like a sequel to Adam Sandler's Pixels than anything resembling a competent film.

Paul Feig wasted the precious time, money and intelligence of myself and anyone else who was foolish enough to see this movie to prove that they weren't assholes just because a shit-for-brains ego-stroking director told them so.

I'm glad this movie BOMBED as it deserves to, it's not even about being a Ghostbusters fan anymore, it's about insulting your core audience who wanted to give you a chance to prove them wrong and that what they'd see would be good, but now Paul Feig has FAILED at his job HORRIBLY and has ruined his own reputation and basically what I'm saying is that anything bad that happens to this film that kept it from being a successful franchise is all the failure of Paul Feig that he brought upon himself.

And to those that say that this movie was a test to see if H-wood would ever consider putting more female leads in movies and saying that the failure of the film's success will reflect upon how H-wood will see and think there is no market to be made with female leads, let me put this stupid opinion to bed once and for all...

...Feminist or not, like you I also want to see more female leads in movies only if they are likable and well-written characters in a good story like Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton and Uma Thurman...

...Hollywood does not give a single flying fuck about anything that has to do with being progressive or anything that has to do with political issues, all they care about is if they can make a franchise out of a thing and female leads are not their main focus at all, because the people running H-wood are just a bunch of old rich crusty white men who don't know what "adapting to market" means, so you're wasting your time and are deluded to think and feel that if a SHITTY COMEDY like this was the answer to your movement then you've clearly have no idea what it is you stand for.

Ghostbusters (2016) is a forgettable, disgustingly-unfunny, offensively-boring and depressingly anger-inducing piece of garbage that makes Sony look more humiliated and more desperate to find a hit and studios will maybe think twice about hiring Paul "HACK-FRAUD" Feig in this industry because we do not need more directors like him making more shittier comedies and being disrespectful to the audience that buys your product and makes your business.

2/10

Last edited by Toby; 07-26-2016 at 06:48 PM.

"It's a Freak Show! A Freak Show! See the strange and bizarre! Step right up, we'd love to see you! We think YOU can be the STAR! Hahahaha! Oooh! Hahahahaha! Ooohh! Hahahaha!"-Umlaut (CarnEvil)
    GORY PUMPKIN WEBSITE

"Ignorance must die if creation is to survive.."-Dillon Mason (Hacksaw: Documentary of a Psycho Killer)

HellBound Saint/Damnation Ready
    My "Give a Fuck" is
    Still Broken,but my "Go
    Fuck Yourself" is Fully
    Functional!

Status
    Last Online
    07-02-2020

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Follow hacknslash On Twitter Add hacknslash on Google+
    Visit hacknslash's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 303
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID hacknslashbmf
    Well I thought this was fuckin great granted i was thoroughly Stoned, but heres sum quick thoughts on this.
    First off the film is highly enjoyable. All the main characters had great chemistry with the Holtzman chick, an the black chick Patty being the most fun of the quartet also Chris Hemsworth was great as dumb ass.
    Personally I dont think its a remake.Its definitely more of reboot that captures alot of the same spirit of the Original . I mean yeah there's four of 'em an one of thems is black, but its a completely different story. I dont see what all the hatred is about? This flick was crafted with alot of love for the original. Both Ivan Reitman and Dan Akroyd were Executive Producers. All of the Cameos in this added to the fun. There were plenty of nods to the first flick also.
    I went into this with super low expectations. I mean i seen this in the theatre when I was a kid so the Original was a massive part of my childhood. Right to the extent that i hated the cartoon becauses the Busters were too different from the movies.
    Any ways I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this. My advice take this flick for what it is.Dont try an hold it up to the high pedestal that Original is on. I think its a great addition to the Ghostbusters Universe. Definitely better than the '88 sequel thats for sure .

Last edited by hacknslash; 07-29-2016 at 01:30 AM.

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

HA HA HA holy shit RLM rips Sony a new one in this video. A+ fellas, A+

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

impossible?

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

But Rich, Sarah Jessica Parker wasn't in the new ghostbusters lmao

Love RLM

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Looks like the studio overestimated the staying and money-making power of the remake, because there was confident sequel talk after the movie was released, but now reports indicate that not only are they estimated to lose a potential $70-million, but another live-action sequel seems unlikely at this point. Apparently they have to make $300-millon to "break even" and it's only at $180-million worldwide right now. However, they're still confident that they'll reach that goal after rental/DVD/Blu-ray sale, plus merchandising. Either way, the studio is reportedly pursuing some sort of animated Ghostbusters movie that could hit theaters in 2019 and a new animated TV-series called Ghostbusters: Ecto Force that could come out sometime in 2018.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...sequel-918515?

It's honestly not much of a surprise to me. I estimated that movie would make $40-$50-million in it's BO opening, but would quickly decline from there and it looks like I was right. Everyone who wanted to see the movie saw it opening weekend. The trailer didn't look very funny to me, but I'll eventually catch the flick when it becomes available (outside of theaters).

Zombiefied Zealot
    The Ancient One

Status
    Last Online
    11-18-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 328
    Film was decent although it wasn't as funny as the original or as entertaining even though there were a couple scenes that told you this was a reboot and not a sequel. Want something more entertaining and funny? Watch the original film.

Like, so many people out there were trying to track this down. And it just...got delivered on a tweet. What the hell.

"The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state."

“Watch your thoughts, they become words;
    watch your words, they become actions;
    watch your actions, they become habits;
    watch your habits, they become character;
    watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
    Want something more entertaining and funny? Watch the original film.
    lol

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Movie was okay. I was hoping all the funny stuff was in the movie, because I didn't find the trailers funny at all, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. It was fairly entertaining though, and amusing at times, but not as funny as it wanted to be. Wasn't a big fan of all the heavy CG use, but I did like the neon colors and look of the ghosts. Characters were pretty bland and the cameos were a waste, but the movie itself is alright. It's not good, but it's not that bad either. Probably give it a low 6/10.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    I just hope they don't remake The Frighteners.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Call me STRT or Street
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

I agree it wasn't horrible, it just wasnt good. Very bland movie.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by koolmike View Post
    I just hope they don't remake The Frighteners.
    You know ive been thinking about this for a while now and im almost ready to say that there is someone in hollywood stopping Michael J Fox movies from being remade.
    Of all the movies weve seen remade and rebooted, not one Fox movie has been remade or rebooted and a large chunk of them fit the remake/reboot category.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    43 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Saw this with my son and it wasn't a pile of shit I thought it would be. I...dare to say it was actually enjoyable.

The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-03-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread