Pensive
    Follow Luris Blear On Twitter Add Luris Blear on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID arcanasphere

Lightbulb Obstacles for a Third Batman Movie -- TDK SPOILERS

Okay. Before I even start writing, I want to make something clear. There are Dark Knight Spoilers ahead!

Not everyone gets the chance to see movies in a theater. I do not want to spoil this for anyone. There are just some issues that need to be brought up.

Big empty space to prevent against accidental clicks.

Introduction
    As The Dark Knight begins, Batman is a hunted vigilante. As it ends, he is wanted for several murders above and beyond his former status.

The police in Gotham must be incompetent to continue the search for more than a week after the events of TDK and not come to the conclusion that Bruce Wayne is the Batman.

Weak Alibi

Bruce Wayne is seen near China. Batman is seen in China. While a plausible cover was created, this circumstance is still a clue in the bigger picture.

Double-Wide Phone Booth

Bruce Wayne enters a hole in the wall in Wayne's Apartment. Batman emerges from nearby. This is the weakest evidence, but still unnerving when laid along side everything else.

Fingerprints

Bruce Wayne, minus any gloves or noted protection for his fingers, enters a room filled only with hostages and a booby trapped window. Blindfolded hostages, of course. Being the brilliant detective that he is, Bruce handled the equipment and the hostages with his bare hands.

Did he stick around to clean up when the bullets started flying? Probably not.

Mister Reese, A Tale in Two Parts

Part 1 A squirrelly sort of accountant working for Wayne Industries makes a very public claim that he quit his job and is about to reveal the true identity of the Batman.

Part 2 Who should walk away from causing a car accident with the police vehicle carrying Mister Reese but - once again - Bruce Wayne, CEO of Wayne Industries?

Conclusion

One might argue, But the police are corrupt! The corrupt ones hate Batman the most. The good ones still have a job to do. Somewhere in the middle, these pieces should be easy to put together. The assault against his former employee at a sensitive time should raise many, many red flags. Add Fingerprints to the mix, and Bruce might just want to point his yacht toward Roman Polanski's house for an extended stay.

That is, unless, he applied some Bat-Fingerprint-Disguise Spray on his way to the crime scene.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    21 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 167
    Man, your mind is brilliant.

The Russian Dictator
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-21-2014

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gotta be honest, it's getting to the point where I'm gettin tired of even hearing about batman. At this point I don't even care if there's another movie.

Haunter of the Dark
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-29-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Well, for the sake of argument.

The only person we see him talk to in China is Fox. It also talks in several parts about being smuggled into China, but doesn't say where he was picked up from. I'm assuming it couldn't have been very far off the Eastern Coast with the entire russian ballet in tow.. We can also assume that he had fake passports, Visa's etc.. while he was in China.

THe fingerprint stuff with the hostages. At that time everyone was focused on the Joker. If and when someone put together there might be finger prints in that room, it coulld easily have been too late. One last thing with the fingerprints. In both the comics and the movies, it shows how batman is pretty much tapped into everything. Not to far of a stretch to imagine that he could alter the records to change his fingerprints. Personally, I would think he would alter the computers say they would come back for a match with Clark Kent. Lastly, there is a good chance his prints wouldn't be on file. Mine aren't ..or are they?

Double-wide phone booth. That's assuming a lot. First, we don't know who those two people were. It easily could have been two people that, perhaps, should not have been in that position , and had no desire to say anything. Plus, it could have been on different floors, etc..

Reese. Well, that's another big assumption. I think the point of that scene was to give Reese a good enough reason to keep his mouth shut. As for putting two and two together, again everyone would have been more interested in the bombs at the hospitals.

Plus, I would also like to think that Gordon would do what he could to impede any serious progress on finding the Batman. There is a great scene in one of the graphic novels where Batman decides to reveal his identity to Gordon to show he can be trusted. Gordon refuses to look, saying that wouldn't help things, but he goes on to hint that if he really wanted to, he could have found out who he was, and maybe he already knew.

That which does not kill you, can still mess you up for life.

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40
    Bruce Wayne is billionaire , the people of gotham city are hired actors(think colonial towns and civil war re enactments). They're all pretending, to help out a rich kid live his fantasy. They're well aware who batman is. You may have noticed some talented actors among the townspeople, most notably Morgan Freeman.

Theatricality and Deception
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-02-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    yeah and its easier to say all that from the outside too. and at the time, while crazy things are going on, they're not gonna think back like "Wait, Bruce went into the entrance and Batman came out the exit".

I paid $20 for what?
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-01-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow Luris Blear On Twitter Add Luris Blear on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID arcanasphere
    As I said: Double-Wide phone booth was a stretch.

Fingerprints in the room with the hostages is not. Crashing his car into Reese is not. A boat full of ballerinas didn't see him in China, but did see him leave. It's not like these were some nobodies either: they apparently had a successful run with their show.

It seems that any good police officer would start with Bruce Wayne endangering the life of his ex employee at such an odd time, and backtrack from there. There is more than enough.

Sadly, Nolan's "Alfred" is too fat for the batsuit. Can't pull a Matt Murdoch with this one.

Blog - Facebook - Myspace
    Night Shine Islands - Fantasy podcast, Last update: October 8
    I survived Camp Hacknslash

Insane Membrane
    crusing.

Status
    Last Online
    02-10-2021

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Follow da Gay On Twitter Add da Gay on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    I think you guys are forgetting who batman really is...

that suit is a miracle slimmer.

Wants to be a
    CRIMINAL

better than you
    #BoredAsFu@k

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Bored