Anna Maria Monticelli ... Niki
    Adam Ant ... Number One
    Mary Woronov ... Dancing Mary
    Héctor Mercado ... Ponytail
    Josie Cotton ... Silver Ring
    Frank Doubleday ... Razor
    Jeannie Elias ... Cassie

Plot:
    A doctor (Anna Maria Monticelli) is somehow exposed to a supernatural curse, as she begins reliving a dead patients life.
    She watches as a renouned Anthropologist takes some time off to live in America, when we spots a group of traveling Nomads, who he discovers may have a connection to a group of demons who assume human form.
    The doctor is drawn deeper and deeper into the reality of the Nomads, as she watches the decline of the life that she has been forced to witness.

Review:
    This is a haunting and chilling film. The way it flashes back and forth in between reality and flashbacks and fantasy, are remenisciant of another classic 'Jacob's Ladder'.
    One never knows that will happen, and the movie moves along quickly and passionately.

Pros:
    Wonderful directing from the future director of THE PREDATOR and DIE HARD! Creepy cinematography and STAGING. The transitions between the 2 realities often cause movements in one, or the other. So strange...one is never sure about when things will change or stay the same.
    Good use of LIGHTING and visuals to blend our perception into putty!
    Ghostly images from simple senerios....watch for the meeting between Brosnan and the Nun. WOW.....errie is the only word....
    Errie.......

Terrific acting.
    Pierce Brosnan does a good french accent, and makes you forget for a moment that he is remington steele or James Bond. His character is passionate about his work, but he is far too driven for his own good.
    Anna Maria Monticelli is also chilling in her portayel of a nearly POSSESSED doctor who merely wants to escape the nightmare engulfing her.

The Nomads were perfect in their protrayel...who knew that ADAM ANT could be creepy. While none of them speak, none of them have to do so. They are already saying enough by merely showing their faces and their demeanor.

VERY good original story, and I would actually like to see an alternate cut of this without the....
    CONS!

Cons:
    Bad, bad, bad music. At first....it seems good......80's in a good way....but then it becomes 80's in a BAD way. Bad lyrics from bad 80's rock. Oh my God....how anyone ever believed this type of music was a good idea is beyond me.

The conclusion tried SO hard.....too hard.
    The fear and wall had been so built up that there was no where to go to tear it down properly. It was a great idea....but executed with the total stench of 80's cheese. (the bad-limburger kind of 80's cheese, not the good kind)
    Things are left without a true climax....and I kinda wondered if there was a different idea for the ending at one time.

Overall:
    This is a B movie...however, if viewed as a B movie...it is a B movie worth watching. the pros outweigh the cons, especially if you are ready for the cheese. The good stuff is completely wonderful, and will blow your mind.
    Imagine if the previously mentioned movie, Jacob's Ladder, had a terrible 80's score with a cheesy ending, but still all the good stuff...and you might get an idea of what this film is like.

As a "B" movie: A-

As an overall Grade:
    B

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    35 Minutes Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 167
    I like this movie. The nomads look pretty cool. I like Adam Ant.
    Nice review Hyde....I may rewatch this film. Thanks for reviewing it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by woodenheart; 10-04-2008 at 04:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread