Last Online
    10-07-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Falling Rock View Post
    I just got back, great flick. I love this Jason. He's fast as hell and still manages to be "Jason". Don't go in expecting the Kane Hodder version of Jason, you don't really get that here. Although this Jason is big, he's fast and pissed off. I hope they get more creative with the kills next time around, cuz this one is mostly just slice and dice but theres a kill in the water that I JUST FUCKING LOVED.

The asian guy cracked me up, willa fords tits...very very nice. This one doesn't hide the nudity and I dig that, some of the F13 flicks didn't deliver in that department but this one did. I also love the fact he had the sack on his head for a little while. And I love how this Jason is NOT a big dumb brick wall. He's a big smart brick wall. Has traps set, and has ways of knowing where you are. I really hope theres a part 2 and by seeing my showing sold out, and the one after us was lined up out the door? I don't think theres any doubt their will be a part 2.
    Ohhh the water kill was my favorite kill too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

#1 Irish Fan!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    03-03-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Better than the past 4 Friday the 13th's combined.

Saw it today, the movie was absolutely packed, every showing was sold out.

The opening is ridiculously good, probably the best opening sequence to a horror film (slasher genre) in 10 plus years. It's total carnage and mayhem

As the film progresses it slows a bit in it's pace and hurts the film in that regard.

Other than that, I thought it was a blast, tons of bodies all over the place in all sorts of different ways, tons of titties left and right, drugs, alcohol and of course the horror cliches such as the Token Black Guy getting his racist ass pwned

The audience was really into this film, cheering for Jason as he went through horny teenagers like shark through swiss cheese. It's the first film in a while that got a standing ovation from the audience that I have seen, since probably The Descent. Take that as you will.

The film is easily the most technically sound film of the franchise. It's stylishly crafted, take the feel of the TCM remake and it's the exact vibe.

*VERY MINOR SPOILER*

The take on Jason is much better than the original story, this one could actually make some sense. He's not a big lurking idiot, he actually sets traps and baits his foes. Think of it as Rambo meets Jason, he strategizes his kills and thinks of ways to trap his victims, instead of chasing them around the camp for hours on end.

*END OF VERY MINOR SPOILER*

The film isn't a great horror movie by any stretch of the imagination. What it is however, is the best Friday the 13th film in YEARS. Probably since Part VI and easily the 2nd or 3rd best entry in the series. The film isn't really a remake at all. Take out the first scene and it would fit easily as a sequel (excluding Jason X of course). It's Jason at his finest, if that isn't your bag...skip it. If you like to see Ol' Hockey Puss hack up teenagers in all sorts of wonderful ways with some humor pinched in, this is your bag, bloody sleeping bag that is

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10
    It was good, not quite that good, but still a kickin flick..

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

The Gay One
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-31-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I'm with steelba. Good, but not that good. Expected more.

"He's a real gentleman. I bet he takes the dishes out of the sink before he pees in it." Shirley Maclaine as Weezer

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    03-31-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    It was a decent flick with a brilliant opening 20 mins but I have to admit that the characters were a little two annoying for my liking and jokes were very poor. I was just willing Jason to show up and start killing them off just so i wouldn't have to hear any of them speak anymore!

I was a little disappointed in the kill scenes, very unimaginative for the most part, just your simple slice and dice. Was looking forward to this for ages and I left slightly disappointed.

The good thing though is that the cinema was packed and after My Bloody Valentine did so well maybe now we will start to get much more horror films and particularly slasher films hitting our cinema screens!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567