Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0
    BD reports a lot of bullshit. I wouldn't believe anything they say. Although I wouldn't be to suprised if someone came on board to do Halloween 3. I personally think they should remake the original Halloween 3. Season of the Witch and just call it that. Drop the H3. Make it its own movie.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Zombiefied Zealot
    Preternatural of being, I am
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Add BigFatOgre on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    :nono:More 3d. I sure do hope this is incorrect info.

skybrick
    This user has no status.

I have a ton of respect for RIP but how your saying a movie like this is original is beyond me. Brutality is not how I perceive Michael. He is a finesse killer and I do not want to see his emotions poured on the screen. The unknown and mystery of Michael is what made him interesting. Now that it is gone these last two movies are leaving a horrible mark on the beginning franchise. I aint going to pay a dime for this and the only way Ill watch this movie is if its free.

Last edited by skybrick; 08-30-2009 at 05:13 PM.

Zombiefied Zealot
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    Finesse? Didn't he stick a girl to the wall with a kitchen knife.

skybrick
    This user has no status.

Dont even talk if you dont know what Im talking about n00b

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Halloween 2 was an absolute, herculean failure of a movie IMO yet at the same time I would never say Michael was a finesse killer IMO.

No way, no how. He was just as if not in some cases more brutal than Jason.

Mysterious to the extent that he was silent and stalked in the shadows was about as far as the mythos went for me. After that it was find Laurie Strode, find Jamie Lloyd, find Laurie Strode then lose in hackalicous fashion to Busta Rhymes in what I would say is still one of the worst if not the worst film in the franchise.

Between Revenge, Resurrection and RZH2. I'd probably give RZH2 the nod as the worst but Resurrection is a film I'll likely never watch again whereas I'll probably end up checking RZH2 when it hits TV in a year or so just to see if my opinion changed but I highly doubt it will.

Last edited by Red; 08-30-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by skybrick View Post
    I have a ton of respect for RIP but how your saying a movie like this is original is beyond me. Brutality is not how I perceive Michael. He is a finesse killer and I do not want to see his emotions poured on the screen. The unknown and mystery of Michael is what made him interesting. Now that it is gone these last two movies are leaving a horrible mark on the beginning franchise. I aint going to pay a dime for this and he only way Ill watch this movie is if its free.
    Thanks.

It's a matter of taste I suppose. I don't like the original Halloween 2. There was time when I did, but know it bores me. I also have no interest in the majority of these horror remakes. They have all been a huge disappointment. (I'm going to watch Last House remake tonight. Love the original, dreading this remake.) So for Rob Zombie to deal with the original H2 for 15 minutes (more effectively than anything Rosenthal did) and then scrap it for an original take on the franchise I thought was a wise decision. A straight remake would have been far more offensive to me.

You might be right about Mike being a finesse killer, but that's because of Carpenter's style. Personally I don't think movies like that work today. As I get older I appreciate seeing the reality-based brutality and horror of violence as depicted on screen. It's more interesting to me to see Zombie's chest pounding knife kills with all of their intensity and bloodsplattered aftermath than to see Michael Myers stab a nurse in the back with a tiny scalpel and lift her into the air ridiculously, or burning a nurses face in the hot tub lifting her out every few seconds so we can see the damage. Those things just don't resonate with me now the way they did when I was 14.

Again though...you haven't seen the film. To each his own. I would rather spend my money on a director trying to do something with his material than a studio pumping out franchise fodder like Final Destination in 3D. Trying and failing is better to me. (Although I don't think RZ failed with this movie.)

Last edited by RIP; 08-30-2009 at 05:37 PM.

A relatively unseen classic!

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatOgre View Post
    :nono:More 3d. I sure do hope this is incorrect info.
    Poltergeist remake in 3D goes into production next year.

skybrick
    This user has no status.

Can somebody define finesse for me, especially ReD. . Michael picked and chooses who to kill and he is so subtle in action. Anyway, I didn't want to argue about that.

EDIT: To each of their own.

Last edited by skybrick; 08-30-2009 at 05:50 PM.

Undead n Luvin It
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-30-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Falling Rock View Post
    BD reports a lot of bullshit. I wouldn't believe anything they say. Although I wouldn't be to suprised if someone came on board to do Halloween 3. I personally think they should remake the original Halloween 3. Season of the Witch and just call it that. Drop the H3. Make it its own movie.

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1....-coming-next-s

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ente...mmer-2010.html

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090830/.../us_box_office

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    no interest in this

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

anti-social worker
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Thanks.

It's a matter of taste I suppose. I don't like the original Halloween 2. There was time when I did, but know it bores me. I also have no interest in the majority of these horror remakes. They have all been a huge disappointment. (I'm going to watch Last House remake tonight. Love the original, dreading this remake.) So for Rob Zombie to deal with the original H2 for 15 minutes (more effectively than anything Rosenthal did) and then scrap it for an original take on the franchise I thought was a wise decision. A straight remake would have been far more offensive to me.

You might be right about Mike being a finesse killer, but that's because of Carpenter's style. Personally I don't think movies like that work today. As I get older I appreciate seeing the reality-based brutality and horror of violence as depicted on screen. It's more interesting to me to see Zombie's chest pounding knife kills with all of their intensity and bloodsplattered aftermath than to see Michael Myers stab a nurse in the back with a tiny scalpel and lift her into the air ridiculously, or burning a nurses face in the hot tub lifting her out every few seconds so we can see the damage. Those things just don't resonate with me now the way they did when I was 14.

Again though...you haven't seen the film. To each his own. I would rather spend my money on a director trying to do something with his material than a studio pumping out franchise fodder like Final Destination in 3D. Trying and failing is better to me. (Although I don't think RZ failed with this movie.)
    Agree with this breakdown, RIP. Have to say, though, I thought the second half of RZ's H2 was far too similar to the end of the first (RZ) film. I'm all for going with a new direction if you're going to go the remake route, but I wasn't expecting that feeling of repetition between the two.

Patriot, n. One to whom the interests of a part seem superior to the interests of the whole. The dupe of statesmen and the tool of conquerers. ---Ambrose Bierce

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Agree with this breakdown, RIP. Have to say, though, I thought the second half of RZ's H2 was far too similar to the end of the first (RZ) film. I'm all for going with a new direction if you're going to go the remake route, but I wasn't expecting that feeling of repetition between the two.
    I didn't catch that vibe myself. I thought RZ's Halloween remake was really great when it was original material. Once Myers gets to town and it becomes a fairly straightforward remake of Carpenter's source material I essentially tuned out. H2 didn't do that for me. I liked the party they went to. Great production design. I also liked Dourif's gut-wrenching reaction as well. Rang true to me. I also enjoyed seeing Hesseman and Kidder in the film. Maybe I'm showing my age there, but i grew up watching those two actors.

anti-social worker
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-18-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I didn't catch that vibe myself. I thought RZ's Halloween remake was really great when it was original material. Once Myers gets to town and it becomes a fairly straightforward remake of Carpenter's source material I essentially tuned out. H2 didn't do that for me. I liked the party they went to. Great production design. I also liked Dourif's gut-wrenching reaction as well. Rang true to me.
    Thought Dourif was criminally underused in the first one, so more screentime was a big plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP
    I also enjoyed seeing Hesseman and Kidder in the film. Maybe I'm showing my age there, but i grew up watching those two actors.
    Heh. Johnny Fever: the retirement years.

Patriot, n. One to whom the interests of a part seem superior to the interests of the whole. The dupe of statesmen and the tool of conquerers. ---Ambrose Bierce

Purely & Simply...Evil...& Stoned.
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-30-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I didn't catch that vibe myself. I thought RZ's Halloween remake was really great when it was original material. Once Myers gets to town and it becomes a fairly straightforward remake of Carpenter's source material I essentially tuned out. H2 didn't do that for me. I liked the party they went to. Great production design. I also liked Dourif's gut-wrenching reaction as well. Rang true to me. I also enjoyed seeing Hesseman and Kidder in the film. Maybe I'm showing my age there, but i grew up watching those two actors.
    :nod: Thats pretty much the way I feel about the two films but I thought the party scene was a little too long and pointless. Seeing Dourif and Kidder was pretty cool, Dourif to me was the highlight of the film. It was kinda like watching Charles Lee Ray VS Michael Myers

Zombiefied Zealot
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    Flixster - Share Movies

Suttle.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Just got back from this.

Shit movie. Dream sequence with MM was OK. The rest of them were laughable. Like RZ took a big hit of ACID and remade part II. Bringing in 70's actors who I liked didn't help this garbage in any way for me.

Definitely a bigger and more brutal killer but not as scary as the original. Some movies are just not to be remade. Hallowwen is one of them IMO.

Undead n Luvin It
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-30-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by koolmike View Post
    no interest in this
    Quote Originally Posted by koolmike View Post
    Just got back from this.
    :straightface2:Lol..

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by IM_UndeaD View Post
    Was off today...had nothing to do...saw F4 first then snuck in to see H2.

At least I didn't pay for this crap.

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by IM_UndeaD View Post
    you're kinda pissing me off, you'll know when i'm real pissed cause you'll be banned

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast