Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Rotting Member
    I have returned!!!!

Status
    Last Online
    07-05-2011

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add Wally The Cannibal on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Laugh_Oul_Loud PSN ID Warwick_Pride Steam ID Steam's still around? Wii Code Fuck Wii
    I like to have fun at the movies, and I did with Halloween 2. You can all bicker away about whatever, but to me that's what truly counts sometimes is being entertained and forgetting about life's bullshit for a couple of hours with your friends.

I gots a new band, it's a pretty cool band: WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/DTDHG

The Stoner In The Horror Movie
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 80
    Quote Originally Posted by koolmike View Post
    Was off today...had nothing to do...saw F4 first then snuck in to see H2.

At least I didn't pay for this crap.
    Good Thing.

Non Horror Draft Winners
    #1 Get Some
    #2 Steelba
    #3 Steelba
    #4 strtfghtr

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by koolmike View Post
    Was off today...had nothing to do...saw F4 first then snuck in to see H2.

At least I didn't pay for this crap.
    Perhaps Mike, but you did pay for F4.

A relatively unseen classic!

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Perhaps Mike, but you did pay for F4.
    So did I and it was worth the $13.50 I doled out for it.
    I checked in on H2 after FD ended and it was a ghost town in there, FD3D was packed though.

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

UHM's Pedophile Hunter
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-08-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 22
    I went to see this flick on Sunday with my brother and a couple of his friends. I wasn't disappointed, but I wasn't thrilled with it either. This is the way I feel about Rob's take on the original too, though. I enjoy it, but in comparison to the original film, it's mediocre. I do think that Rob has a good visual eye and entertaining concepts for movies, but as others have stated, he lacks writing finesse. All of his characters end up rather similar, no matter who created them originally. Maybe he should team up with a couple other writers and they can work together? It's rare that a film script goes into production without changes being made by others involved with the film-making.

Anyway, about the film. I agree with many others who saw it, the first 20 - 30 minutes were great. The gore was well - done and the atmosphere was tense. As a fan of the original Halloween 2, I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a longer use of the hospital, but Rob Zombie had other ideas which were fine too. I really liked that Brad Dourif had a much bigger part in this one - he is a great actor (I believe he was nominated for an Oscar for his work in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) and horror veteran that many of us know and love. Margot Kidder appearing as Laurie's therapist was nice too. (Say what you want about Rob Zombie, but he does have respect for horror fans - and gives nods to previous material - which I like. Most remakes nowadays act like they are something new and original and they're not - not to mention a good deal of them are, as someone else said, "hackalicious" [Love the word, had to use it, lol]) I thought Laurie became more of her own character, and I could actually see a lot of modern teens acting the way she did after a tragedy. I didn't like how everyone looked like a grungey mess though. I think Annie was under-used and Harley and Mya should have been developed more. I actually didn't mind the visions and I liked the "humanization" of Michael. I guess I'm just one of those psychology buffs that likes to get inside their heads and I felt something for Michael for the first time. I felt the climax was rushed, but the ending was a nice twist. If they follow this opening, it would be a nice twist for the series, as ReD said.

All in all, I'd probably give it a 6.5/10 because I found it entertaining. Still not even close to Devil's Rejects - Rob's true hit. I'd like him to do one of his "originals" again (in quotes because, as someone said, there's really no originality anywhere anymore). Well, that's my take on it.

Check out my Movie Review Blog: http://www.kaysfilmcritiques.blogspot.com/

As well as my Book Review Blog: http://kaysbookcritiques.blogspot.com/

Theatricality and Deception
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-02-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    movie was decently entertaining the opening scenes with MM getting out of the ambulance and
    Spoiler...
    brutally slicing off the guys head which was definitely brutal

but then kinda got just stupid with the overkills, stabbing that black nurse like 50 times, I mean c'mon. surprised though MM
    Spoiler...
    doesnt don the mask that much in this

, j
    Spoiler...
    ust kind of has his face hidden in the dark a bit

. Loomis was a complete utter waste seriously and then just decides to
    Spoiler...
    show up at the end just to get killed

. whatever. apart from being somewhat entertaining, this movie was a piece of shit

Rotting Zealot
    MidnightMovieGuy

Status
    Last Online
    06-18-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Busy
    Follow BooBerry On Twitter Add BooBerry on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Yeah, I think they tried to compete with Jason in terms of brutality. I agree about the overkills.

Last Flick Seen: WolfCop - 5/10 The Quiet Ones - 2/10 Starry Eyes - 6/10
    Midnight Movie Gay - http://midnightmoviegay.wordpress.com
    Instagram: MidnightMovieGay

Metalhead Grl amongst Killers!
    Clap for the Killers!

Status
    Last Online
    01-31-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Add grlxx on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag I forgot it. Wii Code Forgot that too
    My friend ALMOST suceeded into talking me into seeing this...but i have zero desire to. ironic enough, the local theatre had this promotion (or shall i say call for desperation..) anyone who bought their tickets in advance got a free H2 keychain :bs:

Blood, Guts, Gore and Mayhem...I fully approve! (chicks dig horror, too) -Boardie formerly known as ipodgrlx.

"Into unending Sorrow, a festival of horror...An orchestra of the undead" \,,/

My Blu-Ray collection, so far..
    http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...p?member=grlxx

[My DVD's.]

Average Joe
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    03-31-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Just got back from it and I thought it was pretty damn good. I had very low expectations and they were blown out of the water. I honestly don't think this deserves the ripping it's getting, but hey opinions are opinions.

8/10 for me.

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-31-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    It was always pretty clear that Halloween fans would watch Halloween 2, knowing exactly what we were all offered in the last run (which in my book was treacherous). In the case of Halloween 2, it was indeed better, but far from satisfying. Micheal Myers, great. Humanize Micheal Myers... wait, wasn't it the lack of "humanizing" this character that made him not just unstoppable but unapproachable. Some could argue that it was that uncertainty of being even human that made him something to fear and bask in the thrill of witnessing his presence. Alright, so for die-hard fans we are aware of the young Micheal Myers being seen more often in the the 'tv-version' of the original film. Did it do much to help the film? In my personal case, it just made the movie longer (or was it? I don't know exactly). But I have been convinced for as long as I can remember the thing that worked so effectively for this character was his ability to have nothing recognizable in any sympathetic form. We all have seen his break down moments, especially in part 5, but it was short lived and quite typical after that many sequels. Ok, so I've complained a bit here about the MAIN character, but without complaint I will add remorsefully Micheal Myers, the stalker/killer was great. Maybe the grunts and moans seemed typical of his "character development" but in any other Halloween film it could've worked just the same.
    As for Rob Zombie and his fascination with including familiar actors in unfamiliar situations, redundant. Seriously, there has to come a point when people will catch on; Rob Zombie has a tendency to take his sympathizing for "the old school" a little too "new school". As much as violence and tension seem to play strong in this film, something any horror fan can treasure, it can become secondary to how its unfolded. You should all be aware of who I am referring to as the "all-star" cast of this new series. Always seemed a little unfitting for me personally... feels more like one of those 'should-I-die-tomorrow' attempts at movie making. Not a move with plenty strength if you ask me.
    The acting all together was much like watching a battle between a beetle and an empty can of soda in the eyes of a Polanski-wannabe director. But giving a Saving Private Ryan death scene to Danielle Harris' character was not only hard to endure, but for a moment I actually became distracted enough to begin counting the empty seats in the theater I was in. I must've made it to around 40 before remembering I was in fact watching a film I paid to see. Laurie Strode in this film was about as interesting as she was entertaining. Bland. Forgettable. Annoying. Useless. Teenager? Fine, I get it, even tried harder at some points. But no. I am certain most of that is in fact due to some of the worst screen writting in recent history.
    It must be understood that nepotism might seem understanding to those just barely making it in a business full of greed, worship, exclusiveness and even betrayal. But the inclusion of Rob Zombie's wife, Sheri Moon Zombie, is not only a direct insult to the viewer, but in this film in particular it proves to be an absolute waste of imagination for the flow and nature of a film series that has notoriously been popular to due to the very simplistic and straight-forward character development of anything regarding Micheal Myers' past. If anything, I'd probably think very differently of the outcome of this film if it were absent at least 99% of all of Micheal Myers' mother's scenes.
    All in all however, a better effort in terms of continuation from the last. Dr. Loomis' character was easiest to observe indifferently, being of course Malcolm McDowell and NOT Donald Pleasance. But on a continuous rant against this film's direction... it has been very popularized the fact that the score of the original film series (of course most notably the FIRST) is what helped build such a solid, and at that time, contemporary chunk of iconic horror. It was wasteful in many ways to lack that particular theme in this movie (and the last) in such entirety. By including it torwards the end of the film made up for nothing... it felt more forced that way and should be noted for Mr. Zombie in the future to be certain film scoring is not to be underestimated. And being an 'old school' horror fan himself, he should've already understood the nature of bringing cinema its truest terror... what we cannot see.

Last edited by Tsorf; 09-02-2009 at 08:18 AM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

skybrick
    This user has no status.

I read that book.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-28-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Just got back from it and I thought it was pretty damn good. I had very low expectations and they were blown out of the water. I honestly don't think this deserves the ripping it's getting, but hey opinions are opinions.

8/10 for me.

Detroit Lions Baltimore Ravens Detroit Pistons Michigan Wolverines Detroit Red Wings Kentucky Wildcats

Zombiefied Zealot
    Preternatural of being, I am
    not me.

Status
    Last Online
    11-07-2022

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Add BigFatOgre on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 18
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag BigFatOgre75
    I don't like the idea of the grunting thing. Michael is supposed to seem inhuman. He is the purest of evil with nothing left in his soul. He killed without effort as if it was just a part of everyday existance. I'm not sure why Zombie wanted to humanize him so much. I don't want to feel for Michael - I want to beafraid of him.

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    He grunts in Carpenter's film and no one had a problem with it. Now suddenly everyone thinks he needs to a fucking mute?

A relatively unseen classic!

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    RIP is 100% spot on. Hated RZH2 but that's an argument that does not work IMO.

He grunted about the same amount of times IMO in both Carpenters film and RZH2.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-28-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    He grunts in Carpenter's film and no one had a problem with it. Now suddenly everyone thinks he needs to a fucking mute?
    :lol2:
    word

i think im gonna check this flick tomorrow. fuck it. if its as br00tal as everyone is saying. ill be happy.

Detroit Lions Baltimore Ravens Detroit Pistons Michigan Wolverines Detroit Red Wings Kentucky Wildcats

Drunken Master
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-31-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    I'll wait till they give it away for free on dvd to watch it.

Have drums will travel
    You're a ship out to sea and I
    am a storm cloud forming...

Status
    Last Online
    03-02-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Add Lemmywinks on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Zakzombiekiller
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmares View Post
    I'll wait till they give it away for free on dvd to watch it.
    If free beer is thrown in i'll consider it.

Why put off until tomorrow to what can be avoided all together.

Being the best shite in the toilet doesn't mean anything other than you're still shite.....-Dexter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast