Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

The Conjuring

New flick from James Wan (Saw, Insidious)

Before there was Amityville, there was Harrisville. Based on a true story, “The Conjuring” tells the horrifying tale of how world-renowned paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren were called upon to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in a secluded farmhouse. Forced to confront a powerful demonic entity, the Warrens find themselves caught in the most terrifying case of their lives.
    http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movie/conjuring

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 5
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID wickednik
    And that's why you don't live in big creepy houses.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow Macready On Twitter Add Macready on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 210
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Believe it or not, this is my most anticipated movie of this year. I have read dozens of books by and about the Warrens and they are as legit as they come. I have met Lorraine Warren and she is an absolute delight to be around.

At least this time around it looks like Lily Taylor is in for an actual scare.

Also I like the old school look of the first poster for this. It looks like it is from the 70's.

Last edited by Macready; 02-27-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 433
    Yep. Got some high hopes for this one after seeing the trailer. I hope it's more consistent than Insidious.

I love GORE!
    Laid back

Status
    Last Online
    02-21-2024

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 4
    Now that creeped the fuck outta me....

" A little GORE never hurts anyone"

Rotting Zealot
    MidnightMovieGuy

Status
    Last Online
    06-18-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Busy
    Follow BooBerry On Twitter Add BooBerry on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 0
    Does look good, and has an interesting story going for it being based on true people, but we'll see. They could spin it way out there and ruin it easily.

Last Flick Seen: WolfCop - 5/10 The Quiet Ones - 2/10 Starry Eyes - 6/10
    Midnight Movie Gay - http://midnightmoviegay.wordpress.com
    Instagram: MidnightMovieGay

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBerry View Post
    Does look good, and has an interesting story going for it being based on true people, but we'll see. They could spin it way out there and ruin it easily.
    Many have tried to make movies from The Warrens' case files. They hardly ever allow it and when they do they do so under the terms of not spinning the truth. So I have little doubt that this will be made fairly straight up to their actual case file.

For more info you can check here:

http://www.warrens.net/The-Warren-Files.html

They have written some incredible books as well if you are into that sort of thing. Horrifying because they are real. Lorraine Warren was on set during production and although I'm sure there will be some Hollywood spin on it the source material and events will be spot on.

What's awesome, they built an EXACT replica of the house for this movie. Everything is exactly the way it was. That's pretty incredible.

Last edited by Macready; 02-28-2013 at 05:49 AM.
    The tranquility of night hides many malevolent things taking place under a stunning, mysterious sky pocked with precious gems of light. -GP

Published writer in Fantastic Horror, Volumes 1,2, and 5. Currently working on my first two novels!

Zombiefied Zealot
    Majestic ruler of scavengers

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 72
    Whoa! I almost pissed my pants just from this trailer! Can't wait to see this!

Rotting Zealot
    MidnightMovieGuy

Status
    Last Online
    06-18-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Busy
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Macready View Post
    Many have tried to make movies from The Warrens' case files. They hardly ever allow it and when they do they do so under the terms of not spinning the truth. So I have little doubt that this will be made fairly straight up to their actual case file.
    That's kind of iffy too because I've never been sold on the Warrens as believable. They've been knocked during their Amityville stuff and Lorriane always seems hokey to me in the stuff she still does. I think there was even a women who participated in the show Paranormal State who did an interview stating that Lorriane was feeding her stories she knew weren't true.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Lorraine was practically a regular on Paranormal State. It's easy to shoot down anyone who does this sort of thing. It's simple really, if you don't believe in this stuff everyone is a fake. If you do believe in it you use better judgement, some are hokey some seem legit. I happen to believe in this stuff from my own personal experiences and Lorraine is one of the most trustworthy people in the field.

It's really easy for some random person to come out of the woodwork and say someone was feeding them stories. Especially those looking for some attention.

Last edited by Macready; 02-28-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Eh, you use better judgement if you believe in this stuff? That doesn't sound right.

If you believe in this stuff then you're actually less likely to be objective and critical of all sources. You want them to be real. You're biased in the polar opposite from the hardcore skeptic or general non-believer. A skeptic, in treating all sources as unreliable or false, will hold them all to the same evidentiary standards. An open minded skeptic will then look at the facts and information and be big enough to admit when non-paranormal explanations don't exist for something.

Eyewitness evidence is no evidence at all and no reasonable foundation for a sense of trustworthiness. People are unreliable witnesses to complete non-events or naturally occurring stressful events. First person accounts of paranormal activity are interesting but no useful than a camp fire story, in determining the existence of the paranormal. No, the believer needs to hold all sources to even higher standards than the skeptic because they actually have something to lose and something to gain with each case investigated and/or invested in.

If you think anyone seems legit based on testimony alone, regarding the paranormal, you're not using judgement to any meaningful degree. People lie. People have mental illness. People get confused. People are victimized. People are generally baffled by everyday stuff. I posit it's difficult to find a person over 50 that is completely comfortable with a modern TV remote, I'm not about to take their word for beings from other planes of existence visiting them through their closets.

It could make for a really good movie though

Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 03-01-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
    Eh, you use better judgement if you believe in this stuff? That doesn't sound right.

If you believe in this stuff then you're actually less likely to be objective and critical of all sources. You want them to be real. You're biased in the polar opposite from the hardcore skeptic or general non-believer. A skeptic, in treating all sources as unreliable or false, will hold them all to the same evidentiary standards. An open minded skeptic will then look at the facts and information and be big enough to admit when non-paranormal explanations don't exist for something.

Eyewitness evidence is no evidence at all and no reasonable foundation for a sense of trustworthiness. People are unreliable witnesses to complete non-events or naturally occurring stressful events. First person accounts of paranormal activity are interesting but no useful than a camp fire story, in determining the existence of the paranormal. No, the believer needs to hold all sources to even higher standards than the skeptic because they actually have something to lose and something to gain with each case investigated and/or invested in.

If you think anyone seems legit based on testimony alone, regarding the paranormal, you're not using judgement to any meaningful degree. People lie. People have mental illness. People get confused. People are victimized. People are generally baffled by everyday stuff. I posit it's difficult to find a person over 50 that is completely comfortable with a modern TV remote, I'm not about to take their word for beings from other planes of existence visiting them through their closets.

It could make for a really good movie though
    No, that's not exactly what I said. People who don't believe in it take a much harder stance against it than people that do believe in it stand that it is all real. That's why I said for those who do believe in it "some are hokey, some seem legit".

I never said that people who believe in it believe in everyone out there but there are quite a few that try to debunk most claims, thus the use of "better judgement". But from what I see those who don't believe in it don't give an inch to anything actually being possible. Thus I say they use a lack of judgement because it's simply NO, can't be real.

However there are people on the other side of this spectrum where a slamming door which was caused by a breeze through an open window is Satan himself haunting them. Even when they find out there is an open window they will stick by their initial theory and there is no way a wind could have done it.

And yes, a movie about someone that has some serious mental issues actually having to deal with a haunting does make a good premise for a movie.

Last edited by Macready; 03-01-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Rotting Zealot
    blowin' heads up

Status
    Last Online
    08-30-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Ah, I see where you're coming from.

Still, I think believers should treat all new sources or cases with as much skepticism as someone who doesn't believe. The skeptic has nothing to lose if the person is in fact full of crap. And there isn't any reason to believe they're not. The believer who gives them even an inch loses some of their open mindedness, potentially, each time some new poser looking for attention makes claims of the paranormal.

See, I want to believe but it's all the "believers" and supposed victims that have eroded my belief than any of it is legit anymore. All those stupid ghost hunter shows were like the final straw. It's kinda like with UFOs, I used to really want to believe. I even committed several trespassing offenses ending in car chase by government contractors back in my college years, going on night time excursions to check out "The Ant Hill" in the Tehachapi Mountain range outside LA. But it's pretty obvious now there aren't any that aren't downright hoaxes or explainable.

I'm still barely holding onto open mindedness about there being anything remotely provable or verifiable. I'm old enough now that it would be reassuring to think it's not going to all just be nothing in the end.

Last edited by BurnetRhoades; 03-01-2013 at 09:24 PM.

horror freak from overseas.
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-09-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Confused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Expect a lot of sudden loud violin-torturing sound cues in order to "enhance" (read: cheapen) otherwise good scares.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-01-2014

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    looks like yet another mainstream churner for mega gay pussies!!!

I am here for the horror

Rotting Zealot
    MidnightMovieGuy

Status
    Last Online
    06-18-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Busy
    Thumbs Up

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    And to think all this time I thought I wasn't a mega gay pussy. Glad that's all sorted out!

UHM Emissary
    “I'm afraid I can't
    explain myself, sir. Because I
    am not myself, you see?”

Status
    Last Online
    10-25-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Add WickedNik on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 5
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID wickednik

Yup
    Nuthin' To Say

Status
    Last Online
    16 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID CuttyCantHang
    156031_500446736668499_92553608_n.jpg

Love it! Creepy ass trees

Last edited by Macready; 03-27-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-13-2017

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Bored
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3