01-16-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Add zorro on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Thumbs up Rogue

:bigthumbup:Not since Jaws have a creature feature been of such high standards. It surpasses the recent 'based on true stories' killer Croc movies such Primeval and Black water.
    Directed by Greg Mclean who made the low budget Wolf Creek, this film captures real tension and plays on thematic fears: being hunted, drowning and isolation. The actors especially Radha Mitchell, are true to life (even annoying at times) and the Australian on location gritty feel add to Greg Mcleans modest script.

There's nothing glossy about this move even though the ending is a little predictable. This film seem to have been unjustly overlooked at cinemas and deserves a second life on DVD & BluRay.

This is far from a badly executed B movie, so see how fast you can swim and watch it - even killer crocs don't appeal to you, view it just to see the Australian outback.

If you like zombies you gotta get the breathing dead

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Back in the grave
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-07-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    I saw this posted on here last week and got a copy of the movie and it was actually pretty good. The croc was decent looking and it had elements of Jaws 1, 2 & 4(yeah I know). I'm not sure I would call it the JAWS of crocodile movies but it was a fun little movie.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread