Last Online
    06-12-2016

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysm View Post
    Yeah, Rob Zombie really has that whole white trash thing down to an art form.
    Haha he must be from my neighborhood.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-01-2008

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    worst horror film ever made is a bit far fetched. i dont think theres anything wrong with making the film with new ideas thats the whole point of a remake and rob zombie made it as a fan with the blessing of john carpenter himself. i think zombie did a great job rehashing it, giving the audience some explanation of why myers is what he is, plus abit more gore for the saw generation so to speak. sure alot of people think classics shouldnt be touched but also theres nothing wrong with giving them a modern look either.

Token black chick
    Drinking Margaritas and
    watching horror

Status
    Last Online
    01-16-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Follow Jungle_Julia On Twitter Add Jungle_Julia on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    When i first watched it i hated it. The problem was me comparing it to the orig. disceting what was changed and what stayed the same which i shouldnt have done. When i viewed it a 2nd time it really wasnt that bad. I love the part where
    Spoiler...
    he ambused lauries parents with the dad getting that punch to the face

Its not the greatest thing by far i wasnt expecting much i mean it is rob zombie after all

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. And I've got promises to keep And miles to go before I sleep...

http://www.facebook.com/FemmeFatale87

http://www.Twitter.com/Shelbyyyy_babyy

Rotting Zealot
    MidnightMovieGuy

Status
    Last Online
    06-18-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Busy
    Follow BooBerry On Twitter Add BooBerry on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Quote Originally Posted by réÐþÁ†µ View Post
    Still I won't deny Rob needs a lot of work in terms of dialogue.

It would help if he took a walk around public areas. Not everyone talks the way he portray's them in his movies.
    Try like NO ONE talks like the way he portrays them in his movies. I've been around white trash for quite a few years and I've never heard people talk like he makes his characters. Other than that I agree, the movie was alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    -Michael magically grows 4 feet and gains 200 pounds of muscle and doesn't speak.
    Don't people usually grow with age? I thought that was normal... and he didn't speak in the original either unless I've missed something.

Last Flick Seen: WolfCop - 5/10 The Quiet Ones - 2/10 Starry Eyes - 6/10
    Midnight Movie Gay - http://midnightmoviegay.wordpress.com
    Instagram: MidnightMovieGay

UHM Since 1999
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-19-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    When evaluating a horror movie, the quality of the dialogue isn't exactly at the top of my list.

FrighT MasteR:one of da best additions to da board, in my opinion, having a place like the oath/dark mind for more intellectual discussions and analysis, and sometimes offering a lil comedy relief with da FrighT interviews

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    I dug this movie, it had its flaws. Mainly Loomis for me, I didn't like this version of him. But I dug this movie none the less. This movie was gonna get remade regardless of wether Rob Zombie did it or not, and I'm glad he got to do it. Rob had the balls to do something different. We've already seen the original, no need for a shot for shot remake with the same storyline. He went in a completely different direction with it, and I liked it. Michael Myers was tougher than any human probably is yes, but in this flick he wasn't immortal. There was a reason he was the way he was, you almost felt bad for him. All serial killers are fucked up for a reason, and Michael was no exception here. It made him feel more real to me. And I like the fact there was a reason why he wore a mask. I can see how some people wouldn't like that much back story, but I myself liked it. Like I said before, it was something different.

Now don't get me wrong. The original Halloween is one my favorite horror flicks of all time, just so happens I'm wearing a hoodie with Michael Myers face on it right now. But the original didn't hav any kind of back story. Which keeps it mysterious and fun yes, but at the same time just bugs the hell out of me. Now be warned I'm going to spoil the original Halloween, but if you haven't seen it by now do us all a favor and go hang yourself. In the original, this kid goes nuts for no reason and kills his sister. Spends like 15 years in a mental institution, then one day just breaks out and DRIVES A CAR which I'm pretty sure someone in his situation in real life wouldn't know how to do. He automatically knows which chick is his little sister even though its 15 years later (which for some reason is something Rob Zombie kept in his version). Then out of nowhere he's immortal. For some reason you can't kill the guy. All these unanswered things always bugged me, but when you were a kid and heard stories of the boogeyman you never got an explination of him, he just was. Which made him really creepy, and I'm pretty sure thats what Carpenter was going for. And in that aspect I love the original movie, its filmed very well to. One of the few slasher flicks thats actually scary (atleast when I was a kid it scared the crap out of me).

So for me I love both films. Robs version isn't trying to be carpenters version so I view them as 2 seperate films. (although I'm glad he kept the theme music, you can't hope to ever top that).

Last edited by Chief Falling Rock; 12-06-2008 at 08:59 AM.

UHM Since 1999
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-19-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Also some good old fashioned gore in this.

FrighT MasteR:one of da best additions to da board, in my opinion, having a place like the oath/dark mind for more intellectual discussions and analysis, and sometimes offering a lil comedy relief with da FrighT interviews

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    I don't think RZ has any talent what so ever as far as film making goes..."borrows" too much from movies already made.

Last edited by koolmike; 12-07-2008 at 06:17 PM.
    "Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

UHM Since 1999
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-19-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    I'm not sure how much true originality there is in any genre of film.

Child of the Grave
    The Duke of NY...A#1

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 94
    True, but IMO, RZ has less than everyone else.

"Wake up sucker, we're thieves and we're bad guys. That's exactly what we are."

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 10
    Quote Originally Posted by koolmike View Post
    I don't think RZ has any talent what so ever as far as film making goes..."borrows" too much from movies already made.
    you're correct..
    He'll never make a genre classic, or even anything above average.
    He will however have a fanbase like every director, even Uwe Boll has fans (Cata, Meta).

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

ShesAKiller
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-18-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I actually enjoy rob zombies films which are always full of gore and really messed up/torturous situations. However i have to agree that I had problems with the new Halloween. Being that i loved the original i was really psyched that a remake was being made by rob, but when i saw it the over analyzation of Michael as a young boy really bothered me. I liked Michael more as a character when his violence is unexplained and the story was pretty entertaining so for the most part you really didn't care why he snapped. I see the route the new movie was trying to go in an attempt to perhaps get the audience to sympathize more with Michael's character but the truth is i don't wanna feel sorry for him i just wanna cheer him on while hes killing people. It doesn't hold a candle to carpenter's original film but i did find it mildly entertaining.

Blood...sometimes it sets my teeth on edge

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    Tyler Mane brought something more to Myers, rather than trying to be like the Castle copycats. He was huge and menacing and I felt there was something more to his performance than the other portrayals.

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 10
    aka i'll enjoy whatever they throw at me.

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

UHM Since 1999
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-19-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurdur View Post
    Tyler Mane brought something more to Myers, rather than trying to be like the Castle copycats. He was huge and menacing and I felt there was something more to his performance than the other portrayals.
    Agreed.

UHM Since 1999
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-19-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Thumbs Up
    Not really concerned about whether or not the movie should have been made, just commenting on the change in the nature of the character.

It's possible to dislike a movie or a part of a movie and be okay with it being released and others enjoying it, although you wouldn't know it by reading some of the comments on this site.

Master of Brutality
    Back at it again.

Status
    Last Online
    10-10-2020

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Add UzumakiW on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 75
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID UzumakiW Steam ID UzumakiW
    Never bothered watching this.

"We all go a little mad sometimes"

Fresh Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    07-19-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    The film was solid, and a brand new take on an old, beaten franchise. While the first two Halloweens were great, the series was butchered after three (which was a blunder in itself). Rob Zombie succeeded in bringing new life to an old series, and I give him respect for that. He totally disregarded the original, which I don't totally agree with...making it not much of a remake, but more of a whole new movie, besides the mask and character names. What made Halloween scary was that he just snapped...a seemingly normal boy, kills his family without explanation, it could happen anywhere. Rob Zombie limited the audience that it appealed to by giving a reason for Michael's outburst.

It doesn't stack up to Carpenter's at all...but I don't totally hate zombie's version.

I met him, fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding; even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes...the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil.
    -Dr.Sam Loomis

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up