Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...

Never Cry Werewolf on DVD

Never Cry Werewolf (2008)

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135933/

So I got this DVD in a pile of new movies for Xmas and finally watched it this weekend. The first thing you notice when you pick it up is in big letters KEVIN SORBO right across the top, and all I could think of was “Ahhh crap.” So there’s no way this movie could be good right? Right? Amazingly, it wasn’t as terrible as I was expecting.

VIDEO:
    The movie had that “Shot on video” look to it but after about 10 mins you could hardly notice. Actually the DVD video quality was impressive, most Sc-Fi Channel movies on DVD have a lot of grain in the picture, this baby was crystal clear. The effects were decent with a few old school blood and guts shots, and only 1 over the top CGI scene. No cool werewolf transformation though.

PLOT:
    Have you ever seen Fright Night? Great movie where a Vampire moves next door to a teenager, the teenager discovers the secret and hires a vampire hunter to battle the demon only to discover the hunter is a fraud. Now take that last sentence and replace “vampire” with “werewolf” and you have the movie. This movie is SUCH a Fright Night ripoff it’s not even funny, the only difference is the teenager is a hot girl, Nina Dobrov. Great eye candy in this movie. One thing I found interesting was the Romantization of the werewolf mythology. The werewolf concept was made into something elegant and deep, similar to a vampire. This is something you normally don’t see in werewolf movies (except maybe Howling 2). I thought it was nice to see a change from the norm.

STRUCTURE:
    The acting isn’t terrible but it’s not great…the worst offender is without a doubt “Hercules” himself. Kevin Sorbo sucks…plain and simple. The directing was flat with quite a few “Rear Window” scenes, nothing new here. Some random comedy was thrown in to lighten the mood in places, but feels stale and unnecessary.

OVERALL:
    While this movie should be terrible…it was actually fun to watch but it’s hard to say why…it was clichéd, poorly acted, done before and done better. Yet something keeps you attached to the screen…maybe its just Nina Dobrov…

4.5/10

P.S. If you are looking for a better new werewolf movie check out Big Bad Wolf on DVD, very entertaining, very gory.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Diz mutha F'er got banned!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    On the neighboring planet across from Nebula M-Spacehunter.
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    :nod: Yes, Nina Dobrov...

The Idiot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-20-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Like I've said before, if only it skipped the romance side of it.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    12-17-2011

Member #
    Threads
    Add buffyslayedme717 on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    The makers of Fright Night really should sue. Far from a great movie, but I agree that it's definitely more entertaining than it should have been, even though it's nothing you haven't seen before. Mmmmm...Nina Dobrov

+ Reply to Thread