Last Online
    11-25-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

'Tintin' production starts up

Paramount Pictures and Sony Pictures Entertainment today announced the start of principal photography on the 3D motion capture feature The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn, directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Jamie Bell and Daniel Craig. The full press release:

Paramount Pictures and Sony Pictures Entertainment have announced the start of principal production in Los Angeles on the 3D Motion Capture Film "The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn," directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Jamie Bell ("Billy Elliot," "Defiance") as Tintin, the intrepid young reporter whose relentless pursuit of a good story thrusts him into a world of high adventure, and Daniel Craig ("Quantum of Solace," "Defiance") as the nefarious Red Rackham.

Bell and Craig are joined by an international cast that includes Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Gad Elmaleh, Toby Jones and Mackenzie Crook.

"The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn," from a screenplay by Steven Moffat, Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish, is produced by Spielberg, Peter Jackson and Kathleen Kennedy, is the first in the series of 3D motion capture films based on the iconic character created by Georges Remi, better known to the world by his pen name "Herge" and is due for release in 2011. Executive producers are Nick Rodwell, Stephane Sperry and Ken Kamins. Paramount Pictures will release domestically and in all English speaking territories and Asia, excluding India. Sony Pictures Releasing International will distribute the film in Continental Europe, Eastern Europe, Latin America, India and the remainder of the world.

The second feature in the series is scheduled to be directed by Jackson, with a potential for a third film as well.

Eighty years ago, Herge introduced the world to a unique cast of characters who have been embraced by readers of all ages. The Adventures of Tintin - a series of 24 books, the final unfinished adventure was published after Herge's - death became Herge's life's work. The first adventure was published in 1929. Over 200 million copies have been sold worldwide. The popular series has been translated into 70 languages and still attracts thousands of new fans each year.

Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson will bring Herge's stories to life employing state-of-the-art performance capture technology developed by Jackson's Weta Digital. Source
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Good news for Tintin fans. Loved the cartoon as a kid, never read the books though..

Simon Pegg & Nick Frost as inspectors Thomson & Thompson

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshiped.
    Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man." Philip K. Dick The Man in the High Castle (1962)

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    13 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 167
    Sound very interesting. I may have to check this out.

Diz mutha F'er got banned!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    On the neighboring planet across from Nebula M-Spacehunter.
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Damn Steven Speilberg. :bat:

The Priest
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-29-2015

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Amused
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    I never watched Tin Tin as a kid. Just one of those things i did not get into.

I once was lost but now i'm found

My dvd collection

You'll Never Walk Alone

+ Reply to Thread