Status
    Last Online
    02-03-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1
    I'm waiting for the Maniac Cop reboot.... The new generations deserves Matt Cordell...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

UHM's Reverend
    I take what I don't need... I
    crush... You BLEED...

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cool
    Follow WarBeast On Twitter Add WarBeast on Facebook
    Visit WarBeast's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Nope. PSN ID Dada Steam ID Don't want to share it. Wii Code Zilch
    [QUOTE=Nija;798161][QUOTE=WarBeast;797566]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nija View Post
    remaking the crow is blasphemy(sp?), remakes=quick buck. Reputation..at risk for each horror icon.

Ok, yeah. But still its like setting up a lemonade stand, and having some jerk build his right next to yours. Steal your customers because they are fans of lemonade of course. Just because that person can bring more pizzaz to the table. Its no better than a generic brand. Same content but cheaper(not a great comparison but think about it).
    I disagree... In some cases, having a remake made can have a positive effect for the original. A good case in point would be My Bloody Valentine. A pretty much forgotten slasher flick that would have likely NEVER gotten the Special Director's Cut DVD treatment that it did, if hadn't been for the remake that just came out.

Yes, I'm sure that the motive for Lion's Gate re-releasing the original was to cash-in and draw interest in the remake, but I'd wager those who made the original were ecstatic with renewed interest in their original work that was a direct result of the remake.

Plucking Eyes, Sockets Red, Swarming Flies, EAT THE DEAD!!!!!! - Me

"The blackest night falls from the skies,
    The darkness grows, as all light dies,
    We crave your hearts and your demise,
    By my black hand— the dead shall rise!"

Nothing could save them..
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-21-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellar Dweller View Post
    Punk him once for me, one of the punches with your metal horns out so your pinky and pointer finger impale each ball.

I understand the thread starter's idea for understanding these film remakes to be a way of carrying on the legend; and we do have a choice to not watch or support them. But no. sorry, because all these herbs who are deciding to take horror into their lives as a trend put people like me and my friends to shame. just like when a band becomes popular and they change for the masses, these movies are just to keep the market of new merchandise flying to our shelves. Do you know how many people who actually saw My Bloody Valentine knew it was a remake? few to none, giving newly found fans a false knowledge and treading on the works put into the originals.

view my DVDs.... what i got, what ive seen, what i WANT.
    http://contagium.listal.com

SEE MY HORROR TATS/ACTORS IVE MET:
    www.myspace.com/contagium

Diz mutha F'er got banned!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-02-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    [QUOTE=WarBeast;798340][QUOTE=Nija;798161]
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBeast View Post

I disagree... In some cases, having a remake made can have a positive effect for the original. A good case in point would be My Bloody Valentine. A pretty much forgotten slasher flick that would have likely NEVER gotten the Special Director's Cut DVD treatment that it did, if hadn't been for the remake that just came out.

Yes, I'm sure that the motive for Lion's Gate re-releasing the original was to cash-in and draw interest in the remake, but I'd wager those who made the original were ecstatic with renewed interest in their original work that was a direct result of the remake.
    Yeah I agree..I don't really like the whole 3D thing

Groovy.
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-09-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I must admit, I cringe at the thought of most "remakes", but I must admit appreciation for those who state clearly (Rob Zombie, for example) that what they're doing is more of a "re-imagining". Which most true horror fans do in their minds, the "what if" factor always comes into play.

How many times have we sat around and had discussions that contained the phrases "it would have been so much better if...or, you know what would have been cool? Or, they should have/I wish they could have..." Some directors have been able to channel that. Rob Zombie is a true fan, and he knows where the line lies, where to stop, and where to push. We as fans should sit back with an open mind and if it really rings wrong, then hey, call it crap. But if it gives you that smirk with the nod and the internal "ok, yeah, nice one", then enjoy the ride and try not to let narrowmindedness take over, because sticking to the "formula" is what has killed many a movie. Sometimes it's necessary, but sometimes, it's tragic.

Last edited by LivingDeadDoll; 03-19-2009 at 02:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123