02-21-2024

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 4

Review: Midnight Movie.

**Spoilers Throughout Review**

Now I’m not the one to go to the shelves when it comes down to picking horror films, because they all suck, but sometimes if you look good you can find some very interesting cheesy things. Which brings me to midnight movie, a supernatural slasher that was good in some ways, but didn’t give me what I really wanted.

The movie centers around a movie director who actually killed the cast of his film while making a movie. Now in a mental hospital, he is watching, that he made, and uses some kind of spell to get into the actual film (cheesy right). His doctor comes back to the hospital to find blood all over the walls and floor, but no bodies in sight, leaving him wondrous.

Five years later, a detective and the doctor go to the theatre in which they are having a midnight screening of the movie. There they meet a group of teens, a biker and his girl, and two employee’s. Hearing about the myths and such, the group of people don’t believe anything that they have heard, until they see a few of their friends die on screen. Thinking it was game, they go around looking for them. Then they realize that the blood is not corn syrup but actual blood. Trying to escape the theatre, the group runs frantically around the theatre, but they soon come to realize that they are no longer in the theatre but apart of the movie itself. Now they must all find a way to end the madness before they all fall victim to the director himself.

Now I have to say that the movie is cheesy in some ways. I think the most cheesiest thing here is the killer, which you have seen pictures pf before, but nonetheless, he is very ballsy. I think if they wouldn’t have given him a limp leg, in which it doesn’t limp but drags, the he wouldn’t have been as cheesy as he was. Then there is the story that is very complicating for the simple fact that we have a shit load of plot-holes as we are trying to figure out how did the film get to the theatre and what did the director do to get into the film? Was it a form of witchcraft or something. Then you have your standard characters, the asshole, the bully, the nerd, the innocent girl, the slut, and the aggravating bitch that you want to die. Though the characters are very agitating and stupid, they do give us a little characterization on each of these people. Other’s you will care about, some you will not, which is a good thing. Then I was aggravated by the pacing, which we waited at least 30 or 40 minutes before we get any on screen deaths.

Now that we are away with the bad shit, lets move on to the good shit. The acting wasn’t that bad for a direct-to-video feature. The deaths were incredibly gory. The killer’s weapon was small, but he used it to his advantage, since he was so ballsy. I especially like the death when he put his whole arm through a characters body and grinded the weapon into another characters chest. Wow was that bloody.

I have to say that I would have given this film a higher rating, but I wanted to know how did the killer get into the film, and the ending was clichéd and kind of disappointing, and I wanted more from this film. So I guess I’ll give this a 6. Even though it was cheesy it was decent and interesting. Give it a rent, but don’t expect a lot as far as story but a lot of cheese.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by IKickAssForTheLord; 02-27-2009 at 06:08 PM.

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-08-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Add blindloathing on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    its called midnight movie??

Deadbeat posting at dawn
    病気の

Status
    Last Online
    6 Hours Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add woodenheart on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 167
    Great review, :thumbup3: I kinda liked this film..It started out fantastic but it slowed down and I did not care for the ending. I caught this online.

Last edited by woodenheart; 02-27-2009 at 03:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread