Follow WarBeast On Twitter Add WarBeast on Facebook
    Visit WarBeast's Youtube Channel
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag Nope. PSN ID Dada Steam ID Don't want to share it. Wii Code Zilch

Dead Like Me: Life After Death

Well, I just finished watching the latest chapter of woefully canceled grim reaper series, Dead Like Me... A direct to video movie called "Dead Like Me: Life After Death. Picking up where the series left off, sort of, it reunites the crew of Reapers, painfully minus Rube, and with a different chick playing Daisy.

It was fun enough to watch, but for me it brought no real sense closure for the series. Granted there were some things addressed but it just more-or-less felt like just a long episode and left me wanting to see another episode to find out what happens next.

As stated before, Rube's absence was a very big shadow on the whole thing, and the way they addressed it left something to be desired. "Rube's moved on... that's it." It felt sort of like this time I dislocated my shoulder in a mosh pit and my buddy stomped on my foot to distract me while popped it back into place. There were a lot of questions unanswered about Rube and it was part of the mystique of the show... what new thing will be revealed next? Well, apparently nothing now.

ANYHOO... I still enjoyed the movie and I'd recommend it to fans of the show, but just don't expect any real closure...

Hopefully it does well enough that the show can make a comeback... even though not having Rube in it would be a bummer, I still think the show can work with out him.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by WarBeast; 03-02-2009 at 03:28 AM.

Plucking Eyes, Sockets Red, Swarming Flies, EAT THE DEAD!!!!!! - Me

"The blackest night falls from the skies,
    The darkness grows, as all light dies,
    We crave your hearts and your demise,
    By my black hand— the dead shall rise!"

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0
    I was so bummed the show got canceled I didn't even bother seeing the second season. But I may watch Season 2 now that this is out, I saw it at Walmart yesterday. had no idea it was out. I figured it might be "eh" like you said. But who knows maybe they'll make another one. And now that the Mandy Petinkon or whatever his name is that played Rube isn't on criminal minds anymore he'll come back. This was a great show.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

+ Reply to Thread