3 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 11
    I would rather see Spider Man make a brief appearance in one of the next films,Daredevil as well.
    I would also like to see Rhino make an appearance in one of the next films,maybe along side of the leader in Hulk 2.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "You screw my wife,I screwdrive your head"

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-16-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Im all in for every single film Marvel will churn out, I dont give a shit if its bad or awesome so long as it gets made. Man-Thing and Elektra were both steaming piles, but who cares, no one is obliged to see them. I do wish Raimi and the cast were removed from Spider-man at this point, but my opinion versus a bajillion dollars at the box office sure isnt going to count.

Im just surpised at how many people liked the new Hulk film, I thought it was pretty barfy and was just a cartoony rehash of the previous film with Edward Norton playing himself coincidentally in a film with the Hulk in it. Id still watch 20 sequels even if they ended up as SciFi Channel originals, cant get enough Marvel. Well.. I could do without Nic Cage. God he sucks.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurdur View Post
    People shouldn't compare it to The Dark Knight, because they're apples and oranges. TDK is dark, Iron Man is about 70% light, 30% dark. They're two completely different movies.
    yeah I just wasnt as impressed with with Ironman as everyone else seems to be...sure RDJr was good in it...but the rest of the movie just didn't do it for me
    Yep. TFA is a WWII movie.
    sweet...the Captain kicking Nazi ass sounds good to me
    Yep. That's the plan.
    cool were'nt they making an Ant-Man movie prior to the Avengers as well?

Last edited by strtfghtr; 03-16-2009 at 10:19 AM.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I would rather see Spider Man make a brief appearance in one of the next films,Daredevil as well.
    I would also like to see Rhino make an appearance in one of the next films,maybe along side of the leader in Hulk 2.
    Keep dreaming for your Daredevil movie. Instead of making a sequel, they made a spin off. Shows you how much 20th Century Fox thinks Daredevil is a hot commodity. As for Spidey, he's strictly a Sony character, so he won't be teaming up with anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    cool were'nt they making an Ant-Man movie prior to the Avengers as well?
    I think Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg are still considering doing it, but that's been going on since 2006. Nothing has shown me that movie is actually coming out. Bu that doesn't bother me. I think it's pretty kick ass that we're finally going to get a live action crossover with four of Marvel's big boys. That's enough for me.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    It's a shame I loved daredevil (the character, not the shit movie)

That's one character that deserves a remake like what they did for the Hulk.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-16-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Im with you on that one, I hope Fox lets their rights expire on the character so that Marvel can reclaim him and hopefully give us an awesome reboot. Same with Ghost Rider, god damn them for giving that to Sony so they could make a pussified PG-13 Carpenters listening to ass Nic Cage movie. The one saving grace of that flick was that they actually managed to make GR look badass still.

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Spider-Man 4 Script Due this Summer
    Source: SCI FI Wire, Empire March 31, 2009

Sam Raimi told SCI FI Wire that David Lindsay-Abaire's script for Spider-Man 4 should be ready by summer.

Raimi said the film has to make the announced May 6, 2011 release date. "We have to make the release date, and on all of these pictures, the 'Spider-Man' films--and I'm sure it's the same as with many of the other bigger-budgeted films--they have release dates far in advance of a screenplay," he said. "So it's about getting it ready the best you can in time for the first day of production. That's what we've always done, and that's what we'll try to do again."

The helmer also told Empire magazine he will have full control over the fourth installment - something he didn't have on the third. "They really gave me a tremendous amount of control on the first two films, actually," he said. "But then there were different opinions on the third film and I didn't really have creative control, so to speak."

He added that "The best way for me to move forward on films, is that I've got to be the singular voice that makes the creative choices on the film. I love Spider-Man so much that I'd like to continue telling Spider-Man stories. But only under those circumstances where I think I can honour him."
    “They really gave me a tremendous amount of control on the first two films. But when it came to the next , then there were different opinions on the third film and I didn’t really have creative control, so to speak.”

It was rumored that Raimi wasn’t allowed to do his own story and that producers forced him to add Venom last minute as one of the villains in the story. When asked about that, Raimi responded:

“I don’t even want to comment on Venom, because I know he’s a great character and all the fans love him. I never want to say anything bad about a much-beloved character because usually it turns out that I’m the one that doesn’t understand what makes it great.”

More questions were thrown at the Director about the issues surrounding Spider-Man 3 and the at-the-time Marvel head honcho Avi Arad’s rumored insistence on Venom’s inclusion, but Raimi responded professionally and didn’t name names or play the blame game in his answers.

“The best way for me to move forward on films, I realize…and this was a lesson I had to learn for myself…is that I’ve gotta be the singular voice that makes the creative choices on the film.”

"I love Spider-Man so much that I'd like to continue telling Spider-Man stories but only under those circumstances where I think I can honour him. I don't think I can honour him any other way."

Hopefully the next movie will return to the style and grade of the first two films. I’m glad that Raimi has confirmed that Tobey Maguire will be back as Peter Parker. Raimi also wants Kirsten Dunst back as Mary Jane but no deal has been made as of yet.

Earlier this month Raimi did give an update on Spider-Man 4, but he declined to add any more information: "I haven't yet talked to my producers about what they want to reveal. It's such a long way off that I'd rather not talk about it in case I say things that they didn't want me to reveal."

As for the villains of the next Spidey flick, Raimi has expresed interest in Morbius as a possible choice. He also has talked of bringing back a dead character. They have also spent a lot of effort in developing the character of 'The Lizard'.
    So for those of you who hated Spider-Man 3, don't fret. This one should be better.

Cowboy From Hell
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-13-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    [QUOTE=cmurdur;807825]“I don’t even want to comment on Venom, because I know he’s a great character and all the fans love him. I never want to say anything bad about a much-beloved character because usually it turns out that I’m the one that doesn’t understand what makes it great.”
    [QUOTE]

Obviously he doesn't understand. His depiction of Venom was sheer bullshit. Can't wait to see what they do with the lizard

"Obliterate the screams of the weak
    Who needs a god when you've got Satan
    No god to offer this forgiveness
    No god to punish for these sins
    Tormented for the prize of salvation
    Broken loyalty to life after death"

NIZ08
    This user has no status.

Didn't marvel say they were gonna make an antman movie also to contribute towards the avengers movie? Edgar Wright was in the spotlight in directing it.

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    It's still in development land, but nothing has come out saying that it's a definite future release.

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    "The film is almost entirely about character, and yet we still have twice as much action as we did last time, so it's going to be nuts," Robert tells our own Thea Andrews of the super sequel, set to start filming Monday. "Essentially 'Iron Man 2' is about looking behind the armor, or the armature, of a superhero. It's one thing to say you're Iron Man, it's another thing to be fully ready to do that."

As for co-star Scarlett Johansson, who plays the femme fatale Black Widow in the sequel, Robert says, "We've been rehearsing and she's in insane shape. She's getting lean and mean."
    -Robert Downey Jr.

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    I wonder how thick her russian accent is gonna be. And I wonder if shes gonna be the "good" black widow or the "bad" one. Sam Raimi pretty much ruined Spiderman with part 3. Hopefully 4 can reedem itsself, but I doubt it. And I want a fuckin deadpool movie!!!

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Gary Oldman seen of set of Iron Man 2.
    Joblo.com

The flurry of news from the set of IRON MAN 2 continues. Yesterday the internet was flooded with various images from the set and news that Gary Shandling had been cast as a senator. Now comes news that another Gary--he of Oldman fame--has been spotted on set as well.

Rumours abound as to who the thespian is playing, with the most popular consensus being the role of Howard Stark, Tony's father. The studio has yet to confirm Oldman's involvment in the film, but if this is in fact true, his defection from DC Comics (where he played Commissioner Jim Gordon) to the highly touted Marvel sequel could be seen as traitorous in the eyes of die hard DC fans. It would almost echo the time Rodney Saltamankins Jr. left the Grendington Jukers of the Fried Pomegranite League in the thirties and joined their cross-town rivals the Felterstine Cockles, but only not as severe.

UHM's no0b
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-10-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Get Some View Post
    i'd watch my little pony over spiderman 4
    ha

Don't expect it to tango; it has a broken back.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-28-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    Dark Knight wasnt as great as people try to pretend it is. Iron man on the other hand was a damn good movie. As much as I hated Ledger winning the Oscar, I will admit he was without a doubt the best part of the movie, but if you take him out. The movie is just not that good. People claim watching it with the Joker cut... meaning they fast forward to the scenes he is in because of how bad the rest is.
    :nod:

i only went and seen it cause the joker was such a bad ass

the end pissed me off..

Detroit Lions Baltimore Ravens Detroit Pistons Michigan Wolverines Detroit Red Wings Kentucky Wildcats

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Venom project still running in development:

A few weeks back, ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! had the privilege of visiting the set of Sony's upcoming horror comedy Zombieland, starring Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin. While we can't talk just yet about what we saw, we did get to spend a good 45 minutes with the film's co-writers and executive producers, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, both cool guys who are clearly fans of genre. With that in mind, it was exciting to know they were working on the first draft for Sony's planned "Spider-Man" spin-off movie Venom, and we had to try to get in a few questions about that.

The duo actually went to Sony with a pitch for their take for the popular Spidey villain, but couldn't really say too much about it due to the usual non-disclosure agreements anyone involved with such a high profile project for Marvel would probably have to sign.

"Venom is something that we're very fired up to be writing," Reese told us. "We have turned in a draft and are waiting to hear back, so it's early in the process. But it's a thrill to be writing 'Venom' for obvious reasons."

As far as what they looking for, Reese did say that they had to follow "certain parameters" or the "47 rules" as Wernick called them.

"Obviously, with a character like Venom there's a ton of stuff to draw from," Reese told us. "Then they had specific rules about the villain and the backstory and stuff like that, so there were certain things they wanted us... certain parameters they gave us. But largely we pitched them something and they liked it but they had changes, so we worked on the outline for a long time and then we wrote the script. So with Marvel and Sony and us it's definitely very, very collaborative."

They couldn't talk about whether they were going to ignore everything that happened with the character in Spider-Man 3 or start fresh for reasons mentioned above.

Insane Membrane
    crusing.

Status
    Last Online
    02-10-2021

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Follow da Gay On Twitter Add da Gay on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    I'm still iffy on Thor.

Wants to be a
    CRIMINAL

Valhalla, I am coming
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    10-22-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
    Dark Knight wasnt as great as people try to pretend it is. The movie is just not that good. People claim watching it with the Joker cut... meaning they fast forward to the scenes he is in because of how bad the rest is.
    Enough, man. If you don't like the Nolan films or think the Burton films are far superior, fine. But don't act like your opinion is what goes and everything else is wrong. I don't pretend The Dark Knight is a good movie, I truly think it's a good movie. And so do millions of other fans. And it's not just because we loved a certain character. We loved everything about it.

As far as this Joker cut goes, those people aren't real Batman fans. They're casual Joker fans who only love Ledger's performance. If you gave them any other Batman film, they wouldn't bother with it. I bet you that they would turn down Batman, a film featuring the Joker, because "The Joker wasn't bad ass enough." I don't their opinion can be taken seriously if they only give a shit about one thing and won't give the rest of the movie a chance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast