Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 75
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID UzumakiW Steam ID UzumakiW
    The Exorcist
    The Omen
    Hell
    Sky High (Not really horror, but Fright has a review up for it, so I guess it can't hurt to put it up)
    Art of the Devil (Kind of feel voodoo, witchcraft, and religion basically fall in the same area)
    Rosemary's Baby

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

"We all go a little mad sometimes"

Cowboy From Hell
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-13-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    How could I forget Angel Heart? Damn, definitely one of my favorite religious themed movies. :bigthumbup:

"Obliterate the screams of the weak
    Who needs a god when you've got Satan
    No god to offer this forgiveness
    No god to punish for these sins
    Tormented for the prize of salvation
    Broken loyalty to life after death"

Templar Knight in training
    BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Status
    Last Online
    05-25-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID Used_Meathook
    Quote Originally Posted by levil666 View Post

Although being a "dark art" or whatever pop masses want to label it, Satanism is still technically a religion, just not a christian religion, much the same as wicca, judaism, islam, or anything else not centrific of Christ.
    Technically, you could consider Atheism a religion as well. Boiled down to it's roots, having a religion means having "something one believes in and follows devotedly".

Satanism is as much a religion as the chess club. Rather, it's a term used to describe particular Atheists. It's merely a group of like minded people.

Religion has:

Belief in God(s)
    Prayer
    Churches / temples
    Holy Book / Scripture
    Priests / religious leaders
    Belief in supernatural (including angels / devils)
    Miracles
    Afterlife
    Holy wars
    Heaven / Hell
    Lifestyle restrictions (dress, diet, marriage etc. etc.)
    Belief without evidence (faith as a virtue)
    Belief despite conflicting evidence
    Supernatural origins of universe and / or humans
    Murderous fundamentalist extremists
    Annoying street / doorstep preachers
    The soul
    Regular ceremonies / acts of worship
    Sin
    Blasphemy

How many of those does Satanism have? One could argue that there actually IS a Church Of Satan. However, the whole idea of creating the church was to MOCK religion. It's just as much of a church as my studio apartment is. One could also argue that there is in fact a Satanic Bible. It's no more a bible then numerous books touting Atheism however. Again, the term bible was used to MOCK religion.

EDIT: For the uninformed, TRUE Satanism has NOTHING to do with sacrifice, demons, and all that other Hollywood crap. Satan simply means "adversary"...as in adversary to religion. We don't actually believe in Satan because that would mean we'd have to believe in God and in fact, Christianity.

Last edited by C.H.U.D.; 03-31-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Cowboy From Hell
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    06-13-2013

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Thumbs Up
    Totally get you on that C.H.U.D. ...
    I realize that it is a mockery of Christian beliefs, and much to the point of an inverse reflection of christianity and its symbols. However, and I mean no disrespect, just curious about a couple of the items from your list:

Belief in God(s) Even though there might not be belief in a singular "Satan", isn't there still a belief in a Dark spirit?
    Prayer Aren't there incantations for ceremonial purposes
    Holy Book / Scripture Like you said, it is meant as mockery, but I have met self-proclaimed satanists preach from it like gospel, and always found it strange
    Priests / religious leaders Anton LaVey?
    Belief despite conflicting evidence I guess it could be argued that believing Christianity is a farce could fall into this collumn
    Annoying street / doorstep preachers I've seen some pretty strange satanic street corner preachers, preaching from the satanic bible, and they were just as annoying.
    Regular ceremonies / acts of worship Maybe not regular, but I remember reading up on LaVey, and there were many a ceremony during his time

I guess when it comes down to it, the only real belief that can be argued as a non religious belief would be nihilism. Thanks dude, look forward to the response.

"Obliterate the screams of the weak
    Who needs a god when you've got Satan
    No god to offer this forgiveness
    No god to punish for these sins
    Tormented for the prize of salvation
    Broken loyalty to life after death"

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-16-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    There may be two conflicting versions of Satanism based on what CHUD is saying; I had always believed Satanism was direct belief and worship in and of Satan and the AntiChrist. Taken from the adversary approach, I can see where you are coming from CHUD, but I have never heard of that interpretation of the term.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Status
    Last Online
    05-25-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID Used_Meathook
    Quote Originally Posted by levil666 View Post
    Totally get you on that C.H.U.D. ...
    I realize that it is a mockery of Christian beliefs, and much to the point of an inverse reflection of christianity and its symbols. However, and I mean no disrespect, just curious about a couple of the items from your list:

Belief in God(s) Even though there might not be belief in a singular "Satan", isn't there still a belief in a Dark spirit?
    Prayer Aren't there incantations for ceremonial purposes
    Holy Book / Scripture Like you said, it is meant as mockery, but I have met self-proclaimed satanists preach from it like gospel, and always found it strange
    Priests / religious leaders Anton LaVey?
    Belief despite conflicting evidence I guess it could be argued that believing Christianity is a farce could fall into this collumn
    Annoying street / doorstep preachers I've seen some pretty strange satanic street corner preachers, preaching from the satanic bible, and they were just as annoying.
    Regular ceremonies / acts of worship Maybe not regular, but I remember reading up on LaVey, and there were many a ceremony during his time

I guess when it comes down to it, the only real belief that can be argued as a non religious belief would be nihilism. Thanks dude, look forward to the response.
    1) We don't believe in "dark spirits"
    2) There are no incantations or things of that nature
    3) If somebody is preaching from the Satanic Bible, then that's their thing. Just as if somebody wanted to preach from any other book. They are however, not a TRUE Satanist by going through this act since it goes against the very nature of Satanism.
    4) Anton LeVay was the creator of the Church Of Satan. It's kinda hard NOT to be in the spotlight when you basically INVENTED Satanism.
    5) We don't "believe" Christianity is a farce...we KNOW it's a farce.
    6) Satanists preaching on the street corners are not Satanists. They are people claiming to be Satanists and want attention.
    7) The "black mass" ceremonies that LeVay held were purely for shock value and fucking around with the media.

A lot of information about Satanism is misconstrewed due to the media's input and presentation of it.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Status
    Last Online
    05-25-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID Used_Meathook
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmanes View Post
    There may be two conflicting versions of Satanism based on what CHUD is saying; I had always believed Satanism was direct belief and worship in and of Satan and the AntiChrist. Taken from the adversary approach, I can see where you are coming from CHUD, but I have never heard of that interpretation of the term.
    There is only one Satanism.

When you hear of people sacrificing goats, drinking blood, and "speaking" to Satan while wearing black robes...those are not Satanists. Those are morons. Those morons are held in lesser regard then the Christians or any other religion.

Next time you hear of somebody being a Satanist, simply look at it like they are a normal Atheist. Reality is that I am an Atheist since all Satanists are. Atheists know that there is no god. Satanists know that there is no god except for myself...who is "god". It's a slightly different perspective on things, but primarily exactly the same thing as Atheism.

Last edited by C.H.U.D.; 03-31-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-28-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up

Detroit Lions Baltimore Ravens Detroit Pistons Michigan Wolverines Detroit Red Wings Kentucky Wildcats

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    05-16-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Sorry to the OP for getting the thread off track but its taken an interesting turn, CHUD I mean no disrespect in questioning you Im just very interested in your perspective. What would someone that worships the Christian Satan be considered then? It is perceivable that there are legitimate Satan worshippers, would they not be considered Satanists?

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    it's ok i like to hear all idiotic ramblings of people beliefs or disbeliefs

Personally I find anyone that takes a definitive stance on the subject of god's or a higher being's existence or non-existence to be very presumptuous. We all know there's no way to prove or disprove that one does in fact exist so all one's personal religion boils down to faith. Whether you have faith that god exists or whether you have faith that he/she does not. Either way you have faith...it is the rest that go searching for their faith or have lost their's, the ones looking for an answer that really interests me.

As for organized religion they always start with the best of intentions and try to make the world a better place but most often they end up creating conflicts and will probably drive humanity to the brink of self destruction.

Anyway I saw this crappy Sci-Fi movie a while back about a monster left over from Noah's Ark...the name eludes me but it was a fun semi-religious cgi-fest.

EDIT: found it...it was Monster Ark

Last edited by strtfghtr; 03-31-2009 at 10:06 PM.

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Status
    Last Online
    05-25-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID Used_Meathook
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmanes View Post
    Sorry to the OP for getting the thread off track but its taken an interesting turn, CHUD I mean no disrespect in questioning you Im just very interested in your perspective. What would someone that worships the Christian Satan be considered then? It is perceivable that there are legitimate Satan worshippers, would they not be considered Satanists?
    First off, you're not disrespecting me. It takes a lot to get me heated as I'm generally a pretty nice person.

As for answering your question, those people you refer to are morons. Plain and simple. What they do is in the same caliber when junior high school kids consider themselves "vamps" or vampires. Sure, I guess you can call those people Satan Worshippers...but certainly you cannot call them Satanists.

Honestly the amount of "Satan Worshippers" out there is very slim.

I'm willing to bet that roughly half of those Satan worshippers got into it because of musical influence (namely, Black Metal). There's probably a quarter of them that consider themselves Satan worshippers because they simply want to "rebel" and they are young and screaming for attention. The final quarter of them most likely generally believe that worshipping Satan will give them some type of benefit. Magical spells and secret powers of the occult...I don't fucking know.

My point here is that Satan Worshippers are primarily fraud. Very VERY few people truely WORSHIP Satan. A lot of people that are "in tune" with the devil most likely have pre-existing mental issues as well.

Last edited by C.H.U.D.; 03-31-2009 at 10:30 PM.

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Status
    Last Online
    05-25-2016

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Thumbs Up
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID Used_Meathook
    Quote Originally Posted by strtfghtr View Post
    it's ok i like to hear all idiotic ramblings of people beliefs or disbeliefs

Personally I find anyone that takes a definitive stance on the subject of god's or a higher being's existence or non-existence to be very presumptuous. We all know there's no way to prove or disprove that one does in fact exist so all one's personal religion boils down to faith. Whether you have faith that god exists or whether you have faith that he/she does not. Either way you have faith...it is the rest that go searching for their faith or have lost their's, the ones looking for an answer that really interests me.
    Atheists/Satanists don't have to "disprove" God's existense. Why? We didn't create religion. It's in the same sense that I can't disprove that a flying pumpkin monster who eats cats exists. If you tell me that it in fact DOES exist, that's on you for the burden of proof. For the sake of arguement, I can't disprove that an infinite number of things exist.

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40
    Rock n Roll Nightmare.

A rock band led by an Arch Angel vs. latex puppet Satan? All on a budget that couldnt buy a large pizza.

Blood Freak.

You're body is a temple, why get addicted to marijuana and mutate into a were-turkey? Why did a church agree to fund a film by makers of nudie cuties and stag flicks?

Last edited by choptop2; 03-31-2009 at 11:06 PM.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-28-2023

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thumbs Up

Detroit Lions Baltimore Ravens Detroit Pistons Michigan Wolverines Detroit Red Wings Kentucky Wildcats

Blood and guts junkie.
    Sleepy....

Status
    Last Online
    05-23-2011

Member #
    A house in the middle of the woods with my friends rotting near by.... Where do you think?
    Threads
    My Mood
    Innocent
    Thumbs Up
    the legend of hell house... it wasn't a "religious" movie but it dealt with some satanic religion things... and it is one of the true classic horror movies

80's Horror fan
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    3 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 11
    Ice from the Sun

"You screw my wife,I screwdrive your head"

Life... 2 inches to the left.
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-23-2011

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by C.H.U.D. View Post
    I can't disprove that a flying pumpkin monster who eats cats exists.
    He ate SNOWBALL! The poor kitty didn't even see him coming. I swear I saw it! Jesus is my witness! He made me some wine later and I felt better.

Our immortality is found in the words and actions of our children.

You see relatives at holidays, weddings, and funerals, but family is always with you.

Do not steal, rape, or murder. Everything else is fair game.

Facing failure is easier than running from regret.

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    2 Weeks Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    Joker your cobbreti signature is amazing

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Fresh Zealot
    I am high.

Status
    Last Online
    11-19-2019

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10
    that wasa another cultflick albiet pure cheese.

Steelbaz Youtube Channel

Nosferatu = UHM's Snitch

Ain't Got Time Fo' Jibba-Jabba
    Drunk Again

Status
    Last Online
    03-18-2022

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 39
    I can't believe no one has mentioned Prince of Darkness. It's one of the best religious horror flicks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast