Last Online
    08-31-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 5

Shadow of the Collossus the movie....there is no god

Sony's brilliant PlayStation 2 game Shadow of the Colossus is becoming grist for the Hollywood blockbuster mill, in what appears to not, unfortunately, be a horrible, horrible joke. Might want to pour a stiff drink.

According to the Hollywood Reporter's Risky Biz Blog, Sony Pictures will be tackling Shadow of the Colossus for a movie adaptation with producer Kevin Misher, responsible for films such as The Scorpion King and The Interpreter, as well as the upcoming fighting movie Fighting. Now here's where it gets... rough. Got that drink yet?

The screenplay for the Shadow of the Colossus feature is reported to be penned by Justin Marks. He's the same man responsible for the not-so-great Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, if that rings any bells.

The 2005 game, which focuses on the adventures of Wander and his horse Agro, was minimal on dialogue, so a filmed version would be... interesting.
    http://kotaku.com/5202716/shadow-of-...-all-hope-lost

I can't place what I feel about this in words.....so I'll have Darth Vader do it for me:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

UHM's Giant
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-14-2018

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    having not even played SoTC, i can't really say too much, but i'm sure the fans of this game are all types of pissed. but hey if there is one positive thing from this article its that it reminded me to pick this game up and give it a try.

UHM's #1 Killer
    Half of life is fucking up,
    the other half is dealing with
    it.

Status
    Last Online
    11-25-2023

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Wouldn't make much of a movie :mhehe:

"(Insanity) is not hubris, not pride; it is inflation of the ego to its ultimate - confusion between him who worships and that which is worshiped.
    Man has not eaten God; God has eaten man." Philip K. Dick The Man in the High Castle (1962)

I said shit Goddamn! I'm a man!!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-19-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Yeah, I honestly don't see how this could work unless they drastically change things. Ugh.

"This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom."

Chief of UHM
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-22-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    great game, as long as the get the colossus fights right I don't care how much they change it. Screwed up storyline anyway. But yeah the people involved don't give me much hope.

Rotting Zealot
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-31-2015

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 5
    Justin Marks, writer of Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li as well as the upcoming big screen version of Shadow of Colossus, recently spoke with Hollywood Reporter about video game adaptations and Colossus.

"With a lot of games there are so many elements in the universe you spend your time tearing down and tearing down. What's nice about this game is that it's so sparse so you can start building right away. This is a game that catches you unaware -- it catches you on an emotional and experiential level, not just for the puzzles you solve."

He also said he will try to avoid letting the studio add Hollywood cliches to the story.

"What's so nice about this game is that it's all seen through such an adult lens, so that what pleases the fans also pleases a wider audience."
    http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/101704/

As if this movie couldn't suck more....

+ Reply to Thread