Last Online
    02-21-2024

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 4

Review: Batman VS. Superman

*******************************************SPOILER REVIEW************************************************* *****

Can I just start this review off with a big deep sigh.....*big deep sigh*....how could they do it again. I mean how could they. They really fucked up Green Lantern and now they have fucked up possibly the most anticipated movie of 2016.

Let's start off with the direction. A lot of the time, I did not know what the fuck was going on. Scenes would just go from cut, to cut, to cut, to cut without any sense of direction or knowledge of what is going on. I know many of you may get mad at me for this statement, but I feel like Snyder is meant to handle projects like these, just off action sequences alone, but as far as story, he definitely needs more work from a suitable writer. I felt with my the right writer, this would have been incredible. I felt a lot of the scenes were unnecessary and were out of place or stopped the story from developing like it should. I felt this film should have been at least 45 minutes shorter. And maybe way more than that.

Meaning the action sequences, they were awesome but not as exhilarating as they were in Man Of Steel. I felt they these scenes were just made to wow, but missing all the passion and thrill that was in Man Of Steel. My favorite scene was when Batman went in to rescue Martha Clark from some baddies. Very good choreography. I also love Wonder Woman. I can't wait to see her and batman's standalone films, because they kept me most interested. I also felt that a lot of the action scenes were rushed, especially with our two subjects going head to head. I felt they could have done way better with it, considering people were coming to see Batman and Superman go head to head, but another missed opportunity to do something fun. I didn't mind the film being so dark either. I've always been a fan of DC comic because of their appeal to an "older" crowd so to say.

The acting was Great from SOME of the cast. I felt everyone gave their all, especially Ben Affleck as the Caped Crusader himself. Silencing all the hate and stealing the show from a very bland Henry Cavill as Superman. I felt in Man of Steel his performance was stronger. No need to worry about wonder woman, she's the show stealer in this film! Bold, Brave, Willing to fight anything that stands in her way, including that CGI infested toe-nail fungus they called "Doomsday". Now about Jesse as Luthor, I would say he did well at blending both weirdness and menace. I only partially blame actors for performances because of the way that they are written. So if they wrote this weird Luthor then it's entitled that he gets a weird performance, even though I would like to see a more mature and serious Luthor in the future.

So overall, not a bad watch, just a lack of good advertising (Basically everything that's supposed to be surprising is shown in the trailers and previews), competent but very sketchy and very lost direction, and some horrible CGI (which I couldn't understand with this being on a budget of $250M) I feel as if though DC and WB need to really tighten up and bring in other writes who could have better idea's for these projects. I would mind seeing all the creators behind the games and Cartoon movies try to take an aim a Justice League or DC movie.

A very disappointing 5/10 from me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    " A little GORE never hurts anyone"

Call me STRT or Street
    If someone asks if you are a
    god you say YES

Status
    Last Online
    1 Week Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Follow strtfghtr On Twitter
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 727
    Given: 363
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID EataFat1 Steam ID strtfghtr Wii Code something...
    I agree with almost everything you said, well done. (I'm a little harsher on Eisenberg than you)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

All You Need is Blood - The Official UHM Horror Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/allyouneedisblood

Insane Membrane
    crusing.

Status
    Last Online
    02-10-2021

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding