Last Online
    04-30-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Horror Movie Ideas

Here are some ideas in which I have wrote about and plan on writing, critiques would help more than you think, just be honest:

Mystic Bridge (Inspired by The Mist) (finished)
    >>>A small populated island has trouble trying to reconnect with the outside world, due to a vast, foggy bridge and unexpected weather. When it is decided that it is best to stay isolated, the mayor's young son runs onto the foggy bridge, disappearing amongst the population. The islanders wish to save the mayor's son, but mythical wails and roars is what's plaguing them from going...but the boy's screams sounds convincing.

House of the Lost Souls (finished)
    >>>College film majors decide to make a documentary on a house that is believed to house the souls of the dead victims of an old murderer. To make matters more mysterious, it is suggested to get a "positive" experience of the house by staying for the night. They soon face disruptions and finds that the souls that are believed to still live in the house, are still there. The souls won't let them leave until they take what they have been wanting.

Imaginary Foe (in progress)
    >>>A widow and her young son face troubles with the boy's imaginary friend. While given help by a psychologist, the boy's imaginary friend, at first was nice to him, but soon, forces his controller to do things he doesn't want to do. At first, the mother needed convincing that her son's friend was real, but then receives convincing when she sees the imaginary friend, whom looks just like her son. The imaginary friend becomes impatient for what he "wants." Something that must be given and can't be taken. How can the mother receive any help when she is soon told that she needs a psychologist, and not her son? How can her son learn to face his imaginary friend, whom his mother sees as a foe?

Leave comments please, anything would help...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

the bloodening
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-29-2012

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Dead
    Add mitchell mcintyre on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    The last two just sound like a million other horror movies put out there. The first one does sound a little different. If I were you I would just stay away from the whole twist ending, That's been done way too often, besides people usually see it coming from a mile away. I recently watched a movie called Hatchet, it was good. It made feel good about horror movies again, it didn't fuck around. I don't know if I help, but you did say to be honest.

Last edited by mitchell mcintyre; 04-26-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Rated R Johnson
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-30-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    thanks that does help a lot. i did sort of had the same feeling about that. i guess the whole twist ending comes from me watching to many of M. Night's movies, but thanks, imma come up with some new ideas or something or at least build on these ones to make em better...

Rated R Johnson
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-30-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    here's another idea, i don't have a title for it yet but, >>>A very skilled medical doctor is always relied on to perform surgery on people with unknown sicknesses that he somehow always manages to identify them. He himself has a sickness in which he holds secret from everyone. The sickness becomes bad and the doctor stays away from society to secure it. The sickness puts him into a coma and the doctor is found unconscious. How will the doctor live if the best doctor that is out there (himself) is in a coma, with a sickness in which he only knows his symptoms?
    Is this one too conplicated or...is it okay...should I build on it? comments and critiques please...

Last edited by Rated R. Johnson; 04-26-2009 at 08:57 PM. Reason: grammer

UHM's no0b
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-10-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    sound like some rip offs in there

Don't expect it to tango; it has a broken back.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie

Rated R Johnson
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    04-30-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    *raises eyebrow* hehehe

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Its best to come up with an ending and work your way back. Great beginnings seldom lead to finished scripts.

Diz mutha F'er got banned!
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-22-2010

Member #
    On the neighboring planet across from Nebula M-Spacehunter.
    Threads
    My Mood
    Fine
    Thumbs Up
    This is eeirily similar to MY Horror Movie Ideas thread, which I unfortunatly can't prove ever existed.

Uber Geek
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-24-2009

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    I had an idea based around Pandora's box being reopend and
    what mankind considers to be true evil is just a drop in the bucket compared to what was remaining (meaning hope was'nt the only thing to be contained) It started off as a idea for a comic but the idea that the new evils would have physical forms was based on an idea that these were things mankind were never exposed to unlike war disease hate at one point having material forms but over time humanity became so use to them that they blended into nature as opposed to the new evils being released where they would appear as massive demonic figures plus the idea that the box was more a
    massive monolith I still have character ideas to work out but I began drawing out designs for the creatures my worst fear is that it isn't original enough but it still beats another remake I chose a monolith because I didn't want anyone to think I was ripping off hellraiser I still have to put a lot more structure, character developement and need to fine tune it a bit but any criticisism or ideas are welcome so long they are respectful.

one idea being their essances were released but they also had physical forms that didn't escape into the world.

Last edited by FXJKHR; 05-08-2009 at 03:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread