Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sad
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Terminator trilogy plot holes?

After watching Terminator and Terminator 3, In Terminator 3 the t-100's battery or whatever explodes and creates a mini nuclear explosion. Now it seems to me that the Terminator from the first one is the same model, so when it is crushed by the hydraulic press, it's battery thingy should have exploded, creating a mini nuclear explosion and killing Sara Connor? Anyone else think about that or is it just me? And really though, wouldn't that have been an easier way to kill Sara? Ya know strap a nuke on the T-100 and when it gets close to her BLAMMO!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thrash or Die
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-23-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    T3 isnt cannon, thats why. If you hear anyone who's done the movies or is working on T4 always skips over 3.

Killing Is My Busines... And Business Is Good!

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40
    It's a time travel movie with Androids... it's bound to have a few plotholes.

P.S.

wrong forum.

Last edited by choptop2; 05-16-2009 at 10:49 PM.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-30-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sad
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop2 View Post
    It's a time travel movie with Androids... it's bound to have a few plotholes.

P.S.

wrong forum.
    Lol yeah. Ohhh! where would it go?

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullBat308 View Post
    where would it go?
    General chat or non horror movies... unless of course you're James Cameron and directed the 1st two.

Last edited by choptop2; 05-17-2009 at 12:49 AM.

The Architect
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Follow FrighT MasteR On Twitter Add FrighT MasteR on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 879
    Given: 134
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID frightie Steam ID frightie
    Quote Originally Posted by choptop2 View Post
    unless of course you're James Cameron and directed made the 1st two.

Join us.....
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    11-04-2012

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Not sure how i remember this since i dont like terminator 3 but im sure the model in part 3 is T-850 where as in the first 2 movies its a T-800.

If it bleeds, we can kil it

Thrash or Die
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    02-23-2013

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Eh either way T3 sucks.

Killing Is My Busines... And Business Is Good!

80's Horror fan
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    5 Days Ago

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 11
    T-1000 was a big plot hole.
    'You go naked. Something about the field generated by a living organism. Nothing dead will go'.

I liked T3 a lot I give it credit for the end alone,nothing happy,the future is inevitable no matter what they do to try and prevent it.

T1
    T3
    then T2.

"You screw my wife,I screwdrive your head"

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullBat308 View Post
    After watching Terminator and Terminator 3, In Terminator 3 the t-100's battery or whatever explodes and creates a mini nuclear explosion. Now it seems to me that the Terminator from the first one is the same model, so when it is crushed by the hydraulic press, it's battery thingy should have exploded, creating a mini nuclear explosion and killing Sara Connor? Anyone else think about that or is it just me? And really though, wouldn't that have been an easier way to kill Sara? Ya know strap a nuke on the T-100 and when it gets close to her BLAMMO!
    So I guess what Skynet needs to do is send a cybernetic suicide bomber naked back in time to kill the mother of the leader of the resistance...

Also if non organic matter can go back in time hence the naked time travel how can the metal parts of the first Terminator make it back to the Eighties?

Last edited by Sutter Kane; 05-17-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    01-13-2010

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutter Kane View Post
    So I guess what Skynet needs to do is send a cybernetic suicide bomber naked back in time to kill the mother of the leader of the resistance...

Also if non organic matter can go back in time hence the naked time travel how can the metal parts of the first Terminator make it back to the Eighties?
    The TV show expalined that the Termiantors fool time travel by using organic skin, basically man (or rather machine)-made living tissue put over the endoskeleton. Which of course gives a bigger plothole to the T-1000 unless it lierally mimics skin.

There's plenty of plot holes when you consider it though. Like John was a great leader in the future, but nothing like what happened to the current John made him that way. In fact, who is original future's John Connor's father anyway? It couldn't be Kyle Reese. So that makes the present John even more unlike the future one.
    Secondly, They sent a T-800 after Sarah, right? Why not find Sarah's mother and kill her before she gives birth to Sarah? Or even send yet another Terminator back to the time of T1, so that when Sarah thinks its over, BAM!, surprise ending, lol. And ocn eagain, for an all powerful, all knowing intelligence, why the hell would Skynet send back 1 Terminator. Thousands fight the resistence everyday in teh future, but one is all it can spare to hunt down the mother of the most important person in future history? And then the 1000, two of those could have easily bested the T-800 is T2, and killed John no problem.

Lastly, the idea that future technology which ahdn't been invented yet, and through certain ways may never be invented was being used to create that very technology in T2 is major because if they prevent the future (which, of course, they didn't), it shouldn't exist. By this logic, Skynet could send itself back through time by some means and all of its minions to the birth of man, destroy it, and then somehow survive because it already existed...though then T3 wouldn't ever establish it would happen anyway, so Skynet might kill itself after all that way...which would then unmake the death of humanity because the machines didn't exist to kill them...which then would exist...my head hurts...
    The list goes on.

This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 10
    Any time time travel is used as a plot device it can be tricky.

T1 is a great horror/sci fi movie.
    T2 is a great action/sci fi movie.

T3 is...

Just ridiculous outside of the ending

T4 has promise outside of suddenly skynet designing gigantic, godzilla/transformer like robots that really look like they don't fit the old criteria at all especially considering this movie takes place earlier in the war it seems.

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    T4 just looks gimmicky with motorcycle and transformer terminators, plus the director of the Charlie's Angels movies...

Insane Membrane
    crusing.

Status
    Last Online
    02-10-2021

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Follow da Gay On Twitter Add da Gay on Facebook
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sith_dreamer View Post
    The TV show expalined that the Termiantors fool time travel by using organic skin, basically man (or rather machine)-made living tissue put over the endoskeleton. Which of course gives a bigger plothole to the T-1000 unless it lierally mimics skin.

There's plenty of plot holes when you consider it though. Like John was a great leader in the future, but nothing like what happened to the current John made him that way. In fact, who is original future's John Connor's father anyway? It couldn't be Kyle Reese. So that makes the present John even more unlike the future one.
    Secondly, They sent a T-800 after Sarah, right? Why not find Sarah's mother and kill her before she gives birth to Sarah? Or even send yet another Terminator back to the time of T1, so that when Sarah thinks its over, BAM!, surprise ending, lol. And ocn eagain, for an all powerful, all knowing intelligence, why the hell would Skynet send back 1 Terminator. Thousands fight the resistence everyday in teh future, but one is all it can spare to hunt down the mother of the most important person in future history? And then the 1000, two of those could have easily bested the T-800 is T2, and killed John no problem.

Lastly, the idea that future technology which ahdn't been invented yet, and through certain ways may never be invented was being used to create that very technology in T2 is major because if they prevent the future (which, of course, they didn't), it shouldn't exist. By this logic, Skynet could send itself back through time by some means and all of its minions to the birth of man, destroy it, and then somehow survive because it already existed...though then T3 wouldn't ever establish it would happen anyway, so Skynet might kill itself after all that way...which would then unmake the death of humanity because the machines didn't exist to kill them...which then would exist...my head hurts...
    The list goes on.
    since i must interject most of what you say are not plot holes but rather being WHAT IF'S and well Skynet thought about their own future as well and sending in a million Terminators to kill Sarah in the past? That would just kinda make them flawed and reveal themselves and this Terminator is suppose to be an unstoppable killing machine, they never thought that another human/good terminator would be coming along to help Sarah as well.

I do agree with your last thing of Logic but T3(even if most don't like it) Answered that question Skynet was going to be made no matter what, even if they destroyed the shit in T2 it was going to happen.

Like I thought about this while watching T2 because it was only intended to truly be those 2 in Cameron's mind so what I don't understand is that if it was intended to only be those 2 then when they stop the future from happening in the end why is John Connor even there anymore?

Since there is no resistance there is no Kyle Reese to meet John during the war, and then he won't have to send him back in time, and he won't meet Sarah and fuck her and what not. Mind Boggling, but luckily T3 kept the resistance going and set in motion the action to allow for them to meet.

Its just like STAR TREK when you think about it
    Spoiler...
    if Spock created this DARK MATTER or whatever it was but yet he gets it from the Romulans who stole it from him from the Future but yet he gets it from his future self because had it in the past then he never truly invented it and how the fuck did it get made?

Wants to be a
    CRIMINAL

Zombiefied Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    Just noticed this one at the beginning of the first Terminator: The first thing Kyle Reese does is steal the disgusting pants from a bum and then wears them commando. This is bullshit, any normal human being would rather let the mother of the resistance die at the hands of a Terminator than wear a pair of stinky homeless pants on their bare ass.:nono:

Rotting Member
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    09-30-2010

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Sad
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutter Kane View Post
    Just noticed this one at the beginning of the first Terminator: The first thing Kyle Reese does is steal the disgusting pants from a bum and then wears them commando. This is bullshit, any normal human being would rather let the mother of the resistance die at the hands of a Terminator than wear a pair of stinky homeless pants on their bare ass.:nono:
    :lol2:

Rotting Zealot
    bears, beets, battlestar
    galactica

Status
    Last Online
    02-13-2021

Member #
    Threads
    Thumbs Up
    any normal human being would rather let the mother of the resistance die
    Kyle Reese wasn't your normal human being. He's a survivor of a nuclear apocalypse and a soldier fighting evil robots.

Every pair of pants he's ever owned has been blood or piss soaked.

Life... 2 inches to the left.
    This user has no status.

Status
    Last Online
    08-23-2011

Member #
    Threads
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Thumbs Up
    The thing that always got me was... why go low key? Skynet sends a terminator back to kill people and they obviously dont seem to care about folks getting in the way. Why not confirm the location of Sarah or John then go steal a military plane and tactically nuke the site? Frag the whole block or even the whole city somehow. Screw going door to door, shooting people or chasing them in a truck. Can't tell me it would be hard for a terminator to break into a military facility and get some decent explosives.

Our immortality is found in the words and actions of our children.

You see relatives at holidays, weddings, and funerals, but family is always with you.

Do not steal, rape, or murder. Everything else is fair game.

Facing failure is easier than running from regret.

+ Reply to Thread